1974 Scamp A/C compressor

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
There is a member here 71scamp78 that has a thread titled (ac under hood components) and in this thread he has a compressor for sale. He said it is from a 71 dart with a 318. My question, is this the same compressor that I need for my 1974 Scamp with a 318 also or will this not work?
Thanks
Bob

Any body know if this is the same compressor or if it will work? Did they change compressors from 71 to 74? Someone chime in PLEASE!!!
Bob

Hi

The basic RV-2 type compressor is the same. I can't say for sure mounting brackets and refrigerant lines are the same. If the lines are different the compressor ports and line fittings will be the same. You may have to put in the EPR valve for a 74. They changed from the cycling switch control to the EPR system around 74 or 75.

Check rockauto. They are usually pretty good on showing parts vs year. You could even buy from them and eat the core charge if you don't have a used one or costs too much to ship to them. I think the same RV2 compressor was used into the 1980's. I have seen new or rebuilt ones cheap on ebay. If starting from scratch, I would install a Sanden.

-
Back