1974 Scamp some assembly required

-
Looking good! I hear you on the heat thing its probably no where near as hot here as where you are and I was completely soaked thru my shirt in about 10 mins the other morning. And it was 8am it wasnt even hot yet!!
I don't know buddy. Sometimes in the hills where there's no breeze it gets pretty damn bad. I just keep extra shirts out in the shop with me. LOL.

That's a pretty good looking shop you got there have you ever thought about adding air to it? Even a window unit would be better than nothing.
Oh yeah I think about it. Constantly. Starts about June. Not in the financial cards right now. The ceilings are so high I don't think a window shaker would do much good. I put up with it for a couple hours then head back in the house to cool off.

Got the bumper on. Had disassembled it, wired wheeled the back side and brackets. Hit it with ospho and flat black Rust-Oleum. Forgot to take pictures. Polished it best I could. Oh well it's on.
20190725_193140.jpg

Last edited:
Tomorrow will finish up some interior stuff, get seatbelts in it. Flush the fuel tank and line again. Plan is to test drive it Saturday :)

Oh yeah I think about it. Constantly. Starts about June. Not in the financial cards right now. The ceilings are so high I don't think a window shaker would do much good. I put up with it for a couple hours then head back in the house to cool off.
if i had a shop like that, that got too hot to work in during summer, i would have been scrounging every piece of styrofoam i could find to build a 1 car igloo to work in :lol:

if i had a shop like that, that got too hot to work in during summer, i would have been scrounging every piece of styrofoam i could find to build a 1 car igloo to work in :lol:
I actually think the insulation idea is a good one. Even if it doesn't get AC anytime soon. Wife said I get it too nice out there I'd probably never come inside. LOL

I actually think the insulation idea is a good one. Even if it doesn't get AC anytime soon. Wife said I get it too nice out there I'd probably never come inside. LOL
that's why my buddies wife wouldn't let him put plumbing in his shop :D

Well it finally happened. It rolled out under its own power today. Took it for a spin around the block and all systems seem normal. Well almost. Got a dragging front left caliper. Temp gauge quit working. Needed some up adjustment on the torsion bars. Other than that it seems to run and stop well. Lots more little stuff to tackle.

newexhaust2.jpg

newexhaust4.jpg

Last edited:
That is awesome!! I bet that was a great feeling after all the hard work you have put into it!

That is awesome!! I bet that was a great feeling after all the hard work you have put into it!
It was. Maybe a little surreal. I think my wife was more excited than I was. Lol
I think she got some video I'll post up tomorrow.

Thanks buddy. I appreciate you being there encouraging me all along the way!
You give me motivation to keep wrenching on mine! I'm at that stage where I am completely overwhelmed Haha. I just gotta buckle down and keep moving I'm gonna try and get the underside painted and the engine bay painted this week. That is the goal anyway! I didnt get anything done this past week I was preoccupied with my new (old) truck. Yea as if I don't have enough to do I'm adding another project into the mix! Haha

You give me motivation to keep wrenching on mine! I'm at that stage where I am completely overwhelmed Haha. I just gotta buckle down and keep moving I'm gonna try and get the underside painted and the engine bay painted this week. That is the goal anyway! I didnt get anything done this past week I was preoccupied with my new (old) truck. Yea as if I don't have enough to do I'm adding another project into the mix! Haha
It's actually good to get away from one and work on the other sometimes. One little bite at a time, one day at a time.

Except for installing the heater box, which I have no interest in doing right now as hot as it is. Probably get more motivated when it looks like cool weather is coming. Back seatbelts, etc.

Guess we can call this one done.

Don't think y'all want to see me screw in the last screw. Lol
I'm ready to drive it and work out the bugs. At some point in the future I'll tackle fixing the little bit of rust here and there and doing the paint.

With 12,797 views I hope some of y'all have enjoyed my journey to re-assemble and save this one. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to all my Fabo Brothers for the knowledge and advice. See you at the shows, cruise-ins and track!

Last edited:
I'm so happy to see it complete but sad to see this thread come to an end! Iv really enjoyed reading along!
And yes I want to see the last screw turned in! Haha :poke:

I'm so happy to see it complete but sad to see this thread come to an end! Iv really enjoyed reading along!
And yes I want to see the last screw turned in! Haha :poke:

OK bud, I'll PM ya. lol
I'll come back and update if something major happens...…

They're never really "done"

OK bud, I'll PM ya. lol
I'll come back and update if something major happens...…

They're never really "done"
Ain't that the truth! Lol
Congrats man I'm glad you got it "done"!
I went back and was looking over the thread again man you did alot of work in just a years time! I'm about to go rent that trailer again and pull my dart to Florida and we can get to work!

Ain't that the truth! Lol
Congrats man I'm glad you got it "done"!
I went back and was looking over the thread again man you did alot of work in just a years time! I'm about to go rent that trailer again and pull my dart to Florida and we can get to work!
Bring it on buddy! Give me til about October though, haha. Fatso's tired of sweatin'.

Glad to see it moving down the road, helps keep me looking forward to starting on mine once I get my house dryed in and livable.

-
Back