1974 Scamp some assembly required

-
Here you go @dartfreak75. Some new stuff. Pounded out and straightended my trim best I could. Got the old wipers that came with the car straightened and polished a little bit. I really like the look of the old metal factory style so I farted around and got some refills installed in them.

20190802_194558.jpg

20190810_095415.jpg

20190730_185111.jpg

20190810_095359.jpg

Here you go @dartfreak75. Some new stuff. Pounded out and straightended my trim best I could. Got the old wipers that came with the car straightened and polished a little bit. I really like the look of the old metal factory style so I farted around and got some refills installed in them.

View attachment 1715378138

View attachment 1715378139

View attachment 1715378140

View attachment 1715378141
Oh man that looks good! That new front glass looks amazing it's so clean and clear! Its amazing what new glass can do for the look of a car. I'm jealous! Lol how hard is the rear trim around the window to remove? What holds it in? I need to take mine out so I can do some body work around the sail panels.

Oh man that looks good! That new front glass looks amazing it's so clean and clear! Its amazing what new glass can do for the look of a car. I'm jealous! Lol how hard is the rear trim around the window to remove? What holds it in? I need to take mine out so I can do some body work around the sail panels.
It can actually be a huge pain in the ***, the biggest problem is when the clips are rusted all to ****. The ones at the top and bottom slip over a post, if those aren't also gone. A lot of times they are intact. Now the ones on the side install with screws and are virtually impossible to install or remove with the glass in.. That presents a different opportunity. Here's what I use.
22984296_lis_lis35200_pri_larg.jpg

Hers what holds it in.
MA9871.jpg
s-l300.jpg

I'm probably not explaining this too well. The tool is to release the clips to get the trim off. You slip it in between the glass gasket and the trim, grab both sides of the clip and pull until it releases the trim. This is one of those deals for me where it would be way easier to show you than explain it. LOL

Last edited:
I'm probably not explaining this too well. The tool is to release the clips to get the trim off. You slip it in between the glass gasket and the trim, grab both sides of the clip and pull until it releases the trim. This is one of those deals for me where it would be way easier to show you than explain it. LOL
Yea that sounds like a pain in the ***! Lol I will cross that bridge when I get there haha

Gotta Love them Furd Xploders. Whatcha doing for shockplates with furd exploder rear being larger tube diameter? I have custom 1/4" thick shock plates being made with holes for the 3.0" mopar tube and slotted for 3&1/8" ford axle tube. There will be enough clearance on these for the nuts before the plates bend 90° on the ends. A mopar 3" shock plate with slotted holes for the bigger tube may not work as well because of clearance issues with the nuts hitting the edges of the mopar plate where it bends 90° I have 2 sets being made. 1 for my sons car, and 1 i am going to be looking at selling for the 8.8 conversion LMK if interested.

Last edited:
Looks great man! Did you run your car at the track?
Yeah I got one run in. It was so busy. That pic is cars 4 lanes deep. Rain delays all afternoon, then it washed out. Ripped off a mean 16 just mashing the gas and letting the car shift. Was gonna give it hell after that, and never got to go again. Can't wait to go back. I'll be ready. Tunin' and tweakin' still........

Yeah I got one run in. It was so busy. That pic is cars 4 lanes deep. Rain delays all afternoon, then it washed out. Ripped off a mean 16 just mashing the gas and letting the car shift. Was gonna give it hell after that, and never got to go again. Can't wait to go back. I'll be ready. Tunin' and tweakin' still........
What kinda time did you get out of her?

Looks great you did a great job! Can't wait to see how much it helps. I'm using the same gear as well.

-
Back