1975 360 budget build

-
and for torque you could use a 262 voodoo and have more area under the curve- even more with Howard
why run a whimpy chevy cam in your mopar
both were designed by Harold Berkshire (UDHAROLD) with the Lunati being later

i agree, and the xe-256 may very well be a better piece for the street for a stock tire / 3.23 gear 340.
Good luck getting anyone to believe it though.Too many guys believe you can add a cam,4 bbl and headers and make 100 more hp.
If guys would just listen IQ52,Crackedback and RRR

i agree, and the xe-256 may very well be a better piece for the street for a stock tire / 3.23 gear 340.
Good luck getting anyone to believe it though.Too many guys believe you can add a cam,4 bbl and headers and make 100 more hp.
If guys would just listen IQ52,Crackedback and RRR

On a daily driver, the 256 and highway gears is awesome!
The Lunati 10200701 (the 256 you mention) was great in my 318 with my 2.76 and stock 675 heads and the pistons down 0.070 down in the hole.

With the 3.23 gearing, he may want to consider the 10200702. I can't remember if the OP discussed his compression.

My goal is different than that of the OP, so my build is going to be way different.

Since I've started upgrading (it's a slow process), it ain't so great. 4.10 already in, buying the parts for the 360 sitting in the back of the jeep and a mechanical flat tappet for the next few years. I could have bought a new Scat balanced 3.580" crank on Saturday. Spending time and money with my son over the car is slowing down the project, but he's more important.

Traxxas Slash and a '71 Demon body

Last edited:
or this howards
Howards Cams Hydraulic Flat Tappet Camshafts - 255 int./261 exh. Advertised Duration
I would think Howard or Lunati Voodoo much better than 256-260-268 comp

you can compare with the Howard chevy version at that mid 250s duration below

even268 comp only has .454 lift and in a stock compression motor the Lunati or Howard should be better everywhere
note how the bigger lifter helps a lot more than 1.6 rockers as shown by the ford numbers

-
Back