1975 360 budget build

-

doopdoop67

Reaction score
hey guys I have a 1975 360 from a d100. Any good threads about 360’s? What would you guys do to a 360 to make 350ish horse without spending tons of money?

Edelbrock 1405, Air Gap intake, headers, hot ignition curve, Summit 6901 cam.

• 4 bbl (600-750 cfm) & intake (dual plane)
  • Fresh heads. MPG and power is made by good sealing valves. If you are up to the challenge, mild bowl porting at home with a Dremel can get you a little more....
  • camshaft- keep duration in the range of 214-224 @ 50; lift between .444-.474.
  • A good dual exhaust system.
  • Tune and more tuning. Your are at your goal.

• Fresh heads. MPG and power is made by good sealing valves. If you are up to the challenge, mild bowl porting at home with a Dremel can get you a little more....
Stock heads? Please elaborate on midbowl porting?

No head work required other than a basic freshen up and whatever guide and seat repairs needed or valves replaced. You can do the bowl porting (area directly under the valve) but it's totally not necessary to reach your power goal. I would simply do a stock rering on the engine and add the parts I described in post #2. Done.

No head work required other than a basic freshen up and whatever guide and seat repairs needed or valves replaced. You can do the bowl porting (area directly under the valve) but it's totally not necessary to reach your power goal. I would simply do a stock rering on the engine and add the parts I described in post #2. Done.
it's pretty easy to get 1 hp per cubic inch.

OR you could just fine a stock 5.9 magnum and sling a 4 barrel and headers on it. Done. Either way.

Define “A ton of money.”

A ‘75 has a problem with low compression and I suggest a head milling. And the below.
Edelbrock 1405, Air Gap intake, headers, hot ignition curve, Summit 6901 cam.
Your exhaust can be as easy as two mufflers at the end of two straight pipes ending at the axle. If you want a full to the bumper exhaust, Summit or Jegs has A body exhaust systems. With and without mufflers. I like there mufflers by the way. There designed to work with Hooker headers, but, in general, there the same as all the other one size fits all header. Add in a “H” pipe and your rockin dude.

100% all solid good advice from guys who know.

And home porting heads is very satisfying. ....I followed the videos above and mine came out great!

Jeff

And being on the cheap, a cast iron spread-bore factory intake will work at this level. Is this going to a rebuild or is it going to be a rebuild with fresh pistons and rings?

350hp?

If you can do some porting on your own, you’ll be in good shape. Watch as many videos as you can, ask questions, visit head porting sites.

The best thing is you don’t have to go nuts for a really nice return. If you know a head man, just ask for the milling and a good valve job. The valve job is low lift key! Low lift is .400-.440 are.

I myself would use more cam and rear gear.
This cam from another thread would rock.

A Lunati Voodoo 740 Solid Lifter cam in my 340.

Advertised Duration (Int/Exh): 264/272 ;Duration @ .050 (Int/Exh): 235/243 ;Gross Valve Lift (Int/Exh): .526/.546 ;LSA/ICL: 110/106 ;Valve Lash (Int/Exh): .016/.016 ;RPM Range: 2400-6600.

OR you could just fine a stock 5.9 magnum and sling a 4 barrel and headers on it. Done. Either way.
Next time I want some cheap horsepower this is what I'm going to do. And if I want to make it real fun I'll throw a hundred and fifty shot on it....

Next time I want some cheap horsepower this is what I'm going to do. And if I want to make it real fun I'll throw a hundred and fifty shot on it....
Minus the NO2, this is what I did. And while it wasn’t to bad for what it was, upgrading a 245hp ‘00 Magnum mill, it was only so good, SO, I’m going to swing in a cam and a set of heads.

I dont know what kind of power it will make because it's not done yet but here is what I'm doing
360 bored .030 over
Speed pro h116cp pistons
I cut the valve guides down to use comp valve seals and comp valve springs
Home ported heads using 318willruns method.(its alot harder than he makes it look but it's well worth the effort for the experience alone)
Heads cut. 030
9.7:1 compression
Lunati voodoo 10200702 camshaft
220@50 duration
262/268 advertised 475/494 lift
4bbl 340 cast iron intake with orginal 4bbl thermoquad carb
Full length summit cheapo headers.

Last edited:
Lol....I'd guess (many of you are familiar with my 318 build) my 318 is kicking around a solid 300hp.....
Runs my lightweight Cuda around real nice!

350 - 360 hp would be more than $2000!

Jeff
I figured the OP working with a 360 should get 1 hp per cubic inch with 4bbl, mild head work, mild cam and a good exhaust.

Minus the NO2, this is what I did. And while it wasn’t to bad for what it was, upgrading a 245hp ‘00 Magnum mill, it was only so good, SO, I’m going to swing in a cam and a set of heads.
That 245 was net though.... it's 300 gross. Just a 4bbl and headers make a stock 360 mag about 300 hp

Lol....I'd guess (many of you are familiar with my 318 build) my 318 is kicking around a solid 300hp.....
Runs my lightweight Cuda around real nice!

350 - 360 hp would be more than $2000!

Jeff
I dont know what kind of power it will make because it's not done yet but here is what I'm doing
360 bored .030 over
Speed pro h116cp pistons
Home ported heads using 318willruns method.(its alot harder than he makes it look but it's well worth the effort for the experience alone)
Heads cut. 030
220@50 duration
That's not a budget 360! That's a long been done blowing the budget 360...

360 bored .030 over
Speed pro h116cp pistons
Heads cut. 030
220@50 duration

WIth headers? 360-375 it'll be more than "snappy". lol

I figured the OP working with a 360 should get 1 hp per cubic inch with 4bbl, mild head work, mild cam and a good exhaust.

That 245 was net though.... it's 300 gross. Just a 4bbl and headers make a stock 360 mag about 300 hp

I was thinking 318 for some reason....brain fart.
Yes, a 360 just might do it!

Jeff

-
Back