1975 dart Sport hood

-

Wayne Rider

Reaction score
I am wanting a fiberglass hood for a 1975 Dodge Dart Sport . I have heard a 1969 Cuda is the same . Is this the same as a regular Dart hood ? Also does anyone know where I could find good tail piece between tail lights chrome ?

69 Barracuda and 73-76 Dart sport are pretty much the same hood. Only differences are in the under hood bracing but nothing that keeps it from bolting on either car...

I am wanting a fiberglass hood for a 1975 Dodge Dart Sport . I have heard a 1969 Cuda is the same . Is this the same as a regular Dart hood ? Also does anyone know where I could find good tail piece between tail lights chrome ?
Place a parts wanted ad in the proper Marketplace forum for your needs.

'73-'76 Dart Sport hoods have the same contours and will interchange with a '69 Barracuda hood, but I was told that the corresponding hinges must be used because the bolt hole spacing to attach the hood to the hinges is different. Lift-off fiberglass won't matter but the bolt spacing will on fiberglass bolt-ons.

Thanks locomotion . Has anyone bought these or have recommendations on where to buy one ?

The 69 hood has a "floating plate" with 2 threaded holes and the hinge has 2 holes.
The 73-76 has 2 threaded holes in the hood and 2 slotted holes in the hinge.
So you can bolt the 69 hood right on the 73-76 Darts.
To bolt the 73-76 hood on a 69 you need to slot the hinge.

Last edited:
The 69 hood has a "floating plate" with 2 threaded holes and the hinge has 2 holes.
The 73-76 has 2 threaded holes in the hood and 2 slotted holes in the hinge.
So you can bolt the 69 hood right on the 73-76 Darts.
To bolt the 73-76 hood on a 69 you need to slot the hinge.
Thank you very much . If I can find either one now I will be good.

-
Back