1975 Dart Swinger. No headlights/brake lights

-

mopardart75

Reaction score
High beams, tail lights and marker lights all work. But low beams and brake lights do not. Any help figuring this out would be much appreciated.

If the high beams work the ground is good and headlight switch is good out to the dimmer switch. The dimmer switch changes high and low beam. If that switch is working only other fault would be 2 bad bulbs.
Brake lamp switch under the dash has 2 wires. A good fuse puts power in on the red? wire. Press pedal and power goes out on the white wire and into the turn signal switch. Confirm that much first.

Alright. I did replace the dimmer switch with no luck. I'll start checking all the bulbs. I didn't. He k bulbs because the low beams nor brake lights work. Thought the chance of all 4 bulbs being bad was low. But I'll start looking. I'll check the brake lamp switch as well. Thanks for the response.

If the high beams work the ground is good and headlight switch is good out to the dimmer switch. The dimmer switch changes high and low beam. If that switch is working only other fault would be 2 bad bulbs.

OR BAD CONNECTION IN THE bulkhead connector

If you have switched brake light power going into the column turn signal connector (white I think) then likely you have a bad TS switch assuming the signals work, proving the wiring sockets and bulbs are OK

Alright, I'll ge to searching more on it today. That's for the input. Greatly appreciated.

-
Back