1976 air cleaner decals

-

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anybody show me a pic of what decals if any were on the air cleaner on a 1976 Dart Sport with a slant 6 from the factory. I would like to put mine back factory. Thanks,Bill

I’m pretty sure those only shipped with a solid black pie tin, but watching this thread to see if anyone more knowledgeable can chime in.

They did place the SuperSix decals on other models (Volare, Aspen, & I’m prob. missing a few…). They had the dual barrel carb and upgraded intake.

From what I’ve been seeing, Plymouth and Dodge also used to place “Charger 225” or “Super 225” on earlier 1960’s model’s /6 air cleaners.

I’m pretty sure those only shipped with a solid black pie tin, but watching this thread to see if anyone more knowledgeable can chime in.

They did place the SuperSix decals on other models (Volare, Aspen, & I’m prob. missing a few…). They had the dual barrel carb and upgraded intake.

From what I’ve been seeing, Plymouth and Dodge also used to place “Charger 225” or “Super 225” on earlier 1960’s model’s /6 air cleaners.

thank

As far as I know, this is correct, after 1970 (?) when the snorkel-y air cleaner was used (as opposed to the earlier plain round one) they were plain black.

Plain black is boring though so I got a custom callout graphic online from Squier design Slant Six Decals They're not actually "correct" but they look legit and I like it

Dart Air cleaner.PNG

As far as I know, this is correct, after 1970 (?) when the snorkel-y air cleaner was used (as opposed to the earlier plain round one) they were plain black.

Plain black is boring though so I got a custom callout graphic online from Squier design Slant Six Decals They're not actually "correct" but they look legit and I like it

View attachment 1715856058
looks nice, thanks

As far as I know, this is correct
That's a '70-'73 air cleaner; starting in '74 the snorkel was oval instead of rectangular.

From the factory, a '76 Slant-6 had an air cleaner service instruction decal on the side of the air cleaner housing, and sometimes a genuine-Mopar-parts decal*—if whoever on the line was supposed to apply them wasn't absent, drunk, or high that day. The instruction decal shown here is a V8 item; the Slant-6 item was the same except for the filter element part number (2206376). I doubt the Slant-6 item is available as a reproduction, but if anyone has it, that'll be Jim Osborn Reproductions.

*The genuine-Mopar-parts decal is sometimes on top of the radiator support instead

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 11.52.49.jpg

DD212A.jpg

Last edited:
That's a '70-'73 air cleaner; starting in '74 the snorkel was oval instead of rectangular.

From the factory, a '76 Slant-6 had an air cleaner service instruction decal on the side of the air cleaner housing, and sometimes a genuine-Mopar-parts decal—if whoever on the line was supposed to apply them wasn't absent, drunk, or high that day. The instruction decal shown here is a V8 item; the Slant-6 item was the same except for the filter element part number (2206376). I doubt the Slant-6 item is available as a reproduction, but if anyone has it, that'll be Jim Osborn Reproductions.

View attachment 1715858832

View attachment 1715858831

thanks Dan

I doubt the Slant-6 item is available as a reproduction, but if anyone has it, that'll be Jim Osborn Reproductions.

I was wrong (it is available…) and right (…from Osborn).

The air cleaner service decal with the correct Slant-6 part number is Osborn № DD0630. The Mopar Parts air cleaner decal is № DD0212.

If you want to turn the funkatron up to 11, they also supply the '60 (only) Plymouth (only) 225 (only) valve cover decal, № DD0564 shown here. "30-D" refers to the 30-degree slant of the engine. See what they did there?

No Osborn website, just a Fecebook page, so send 'em an email at jimosbornorders@gmail.com . Mine took less than a day to get answered.

30-D.jpg

I was wrong (it is available…) and right (…from Osborn).

The air cleaner service decal with the correct Slant-6 part number is Osborn № DD0630. The Mopar Parts air cleaner decal is № DD0212.

If you want to turn the funkatron up to 11, they also supply the '60 (only) Plymouth (only) 225 (only) valve cover decal, № DD0564 shown here. "30-D" refers to the 30-degree slant of the engine. See what they did there?

No Osborn website, just a Fecebook page, so send 'em an email at jimosbornorders@gmail.com . Mine took less than a day to get answered.

View attachment 1715859663

thanks dan

-
Back