1976 Ford Maverick Ad..Seriously

-

ILLDuster74

Reaction score
http://www.autorv.com/searchResults.aspx?cat=Classics and Collectibles&catid=CC&type=A&make=FORD&model=MAVERICK&maxprice=&minyear=1975&maxyear=1976&miles=&zip=&key=

Category: Classics and CollectiblesMake: FORDModel: MAVERICKYears: 1975 to 1976Price: Any PriceLocation: Any LocationKeywords: None Filter Results: Near Zip Code: order by: Price - Low to High Price - High to Low Year - Newest First Year - Oldest First 1976 FORD MAVERICK $48,000.00 location48651 1976 FORD MAVERICK. $53,000 invested, appraised, insured for $48,000, total body restoration, all steel, perfect. all the best, very fast, 5.0L V8. $29,950. Prudenville, MI. 989-202-4089BIML2230035 - See more at: http://www.autorv.com/searchResults.aspx?cat=Classics and Collectibles&catid=CC&type=A&make=FORD&model=MAVERICK&maxprice=&minyear=1975&maxyear=1976&miles=&zip=&key=#sthash.QQBsJdPV.dpuf

It always makes me laugh when people say they "invested" money in a car, but are selling it for substantially less. It seems to me that they spent, and lost money, not invested it.

If it was appraised by an honest appraiser..he would say it doesn't matter how much you spend on it, the cars worth is whatever.

I am seeing a lot of these and it's sister car come out of nowhere...I think they are a 4 to 6 K car..

53K...couldn't have been in American or Canadian dollars..

How many people say the same thing out many of our cars? The sad fact is that it is true.
That's because there's a guy who's name rhymes with sail'n that'll say any car is as rare as hens teeth for a price. The problem is to many people buy into his rubbish.

I just think it is funny to use the term "invest" when you are talking about dumping money into a project!

Harold Sullivan said one time when we were drooling over his collection of high dollar muscle cars that it cost him the same to restore a Hemi car as it would a regular run of the mill so why not spend the money to start with one that will have value when finished

He has the Silver Bullit that Jimmiy Addison owned and raced on Woodward Blvd in the 60's and many Hemi's cars, 6 pak, wing cars, a true Mopar Muscle man

I spent too much money on my car. But kind of like it and wasn't building it to sell. But to enjoy

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but this Maverick is a serious race car. See the wheelie bars & roll cage. He probably picked the Maverick because he wanted a lite weight body. I'd be curious to find out just how fast this thing is before ripping it.

Yea, it's one SERIOUS race car with a 5.0 small block :finga:. With ALL the descriptive photos he's included, we'll never know. :butthead:
Everytime somebody lists these funny ads here on FABO, there's always some bleeding heart humanitarian hot rodder out there who comes to his defense.
:twisted::booty:

Attachments

• ford Boyz.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 142
A car is only worth what someone standing there in person with a handful of cash is willing to pay for it. As for Mavericks, they were dogs back in the day, but put an 80's 5.0 drivetrain in it, Id be curios to see how it would run.

It always makes me laugh when people say they "invested" money in a car, but are selling it for substantially less. It seems to me that they spent, and lost money, not invested it.

+1. In dealing with old cars, it is never an investment. I suppose a Barrett-Jackson rich guy wanna - be would pay some ridiculous price for a 76 Maverick. That seems to be the type this guy is targeting. As far as buying a drag car, if someone wanted to get into bracket racing and wasn't too picky, they could buy a running bracket car for $10-$15 K. there is always someone looking to unload their race car, and they are not thinking of making out on their "investment".

-
Back