1977 PLYMOUTH SPORT FURY

-

TYLER_HILL98

Reaction score
I HAVE A 1977 PLYMOUTH SPORT FURY. AS I AM NOT THE MOST MECHANICALLY SAVVY PERSON OUT THERE, IM IN DIRE NEED OF SOME ASSISTANCE. I HAVE A 1406 EDELBROCK CARB WITH A 2696 FOUR HOLE SQUARE BORE TO SPREAD BORE CARB ADAPTOR. I WOULD LIKE TO CONVERT IT TO A 4 BARREL, PUT NEW HEADERS ON IT, A NEW CAM, A NEW EXHAUST SYSTEM (RUN IN FRONT OF BOTH BACK TIRES/NEEDS TO BE LOUD OBVIOUSLY), AND MAYBE A FEW OTHER TWEAKS AND SUGGESTIONS TO REALLY KICK OF THIS BEAUTY AND MAKE IT RUN WELL AND SOUND BETTER. ANY TID BIT OF ADVICE WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

Do you already have a 4 barrel intake?

Welcome to the site !!!!! Sounds like a fun project, pictures ??? What engine???? Pretty straight forward swap.

I apologize lol, at work our computers have to be on caps lock
It's all good.

I mean no offense whatsoever with any of this, so take it a face value.

If you cannot differentiate a 2 barrel from a 4 barrel, I suggest you find someone IN PERSON that does. It will save you a lot of time and aggravation bouncing on and off an internet forum. Or if you can take some good pictures, that will help us as well here.

It's all good.

I mean no offense whatsoever with any of this, so take it a face value.

If you cannot differentiate a 2 barrel from a 4 barrel, I suggest you find someone IN PERSON that does. It will save you a lot of time and aggravation bouncing on and off an internet forum. Or if you can take some good pictures, that will help us as well here.
it is a factory 318 two barrel ill have to get some pictures after work.

Yes, not bad at all. It might run a tad cold in the winter during warmup. Not an issue unless you're doing a bunch of short trips in freezing weather.

I apologize lol, at work our computers have to be on caps lock

You must be a drafter/detailer? Probably not, but I am/was so I'm familiar with having cap-locks on and having to re-type stuff in emails because I didn't notice it until later.

You must be a drafter/detailer? Probably not, but I am/was so I'm familiar with having cap-locks on and having to re-type stuff in emails because I didn't notice it until later.
im actually running two programs for the rental side of a lumber yard. dingos and skidsteers ect.

I think that intake is a goodun. I would recommend a 650 Quick Fuel Holley style double pumper, but the 1406 will be a better mix of MPG VS performance.

i already have the 1406 edelbrock, i heard really good things about it
They are really good carburetors. They are tuned very, very lean though, because they are the economy version. The 1405 is the performance version. The 1406 will run very well, just realize depending on the rest of the engine, it's possible you may need to tune it.

I would start with the 4 barrel swap,dual exhaust (2.25 pipe) with mufflers of your choice. A good tuneup of the ignition system if it is old or unknown.

Beyond that you are getting into big $$$ territory if you are paying to have the work done.

You will have nothing but trouble with that intake and a 1406 on a 2bbl pistons. Get something with a heat riser passage and you will be much happier.

Anyone ever notice when a stock LA. engine plugs up the heat crossover with carbon they run terrible? And when you clean out the passage they run good again? They need that heat in the bottom of the intake.

that intake is racing stuff. Higher compression, more cam and carburetor. Then it’s able to run that intake.

I need to ****. Yall gotta roll of toilet paper?

Funny.(usually your Posts are, this one wasn't)
Your point is?
Yeah I have a few things I wanna do to mine too.
But for now I've just been driving it, in nice weather

Last edited:
-
Back