[FOR SALE] 1978 Volare on eBay (not mine!!)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope,Good car, bought one new in 76, also had a 80 wagon. They did have rust problems in the rust belt states.Chrysler recall replaced thousands of front fenders for the Aspen/Volare'. Pretty much as reliable as the Valiant/Dart they replaced.

It's not mine, but for some odd reason, I want it. Is that messed up?

It's a condition we all suffer from.......if you really want to alleviate the symptoms, you'll hafta start taking these:

000D1B417E9CF7AB0FA3CA01EC4017CB.JPG

I guess it reminds me of the carz I got to ride in when I was little. I kinda like the top, but then again I've always been a fan of vinyl tops. I think I'd pay that amount for it! I should offer him my Explorer as a trade lol.

After looking at this nice car it made me appreciate my trunk and back seat room my 66 Valiant has :D nice ride :glasses7:

Ick. Terrible car...makes me want to buy a chebby...and I have *never* owned one...

I never did care for the looks of the 2 door f body but I like the looks of the 4 doors and wagons. This is my current f body. Yea I'm weird for liking 4 doors.

Attachments

• P1090649%20(Small).JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 388
  • P1090697%20(Small).JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 408
  • P1090793%20(Small).JPG
    84.9 KB · Views: 388
That car is clean! I like 4-doors, especially if they are original looking. I am getting the itch to own a nice, stock, unmolested car. Big C body, whatever. I would really like an F-body wagon, all original, just to put a 4-spd in. I used to have a set of pedals here somewhere...

I want this-

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281191489215?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Boat tail Dip, Hurst production mule.

There was a same color Volare- like the OP linked, down here, but with T tops...really wanted that.

I saw that Dippy the other day. That's a beautiful cruiser!

As far as the OP, that green Volare looks nice, but look closer at the cancer on the rockers and quarters.....I'd pass unless it was really cheap.

Holmes - I had a '76 4 door Aspen same color as yours, but not as well optioned. I LOVED that car! I T-boned a Honda Oddessy minivan and ended up selling it - but the car still ran well, just had a bashed front end.

I've own / owned several f-bodies. I would not buy another unless it was a true southwest car. The frame steel on these cars is very porous & they like to de-laminate due to moisture. I believe it's due to where they bought the steel in the late '70s for these cars. Cheap low quality, likely overseas, steel is my guess. Once they start it's tough to fix. Certainly not like cutting & repairing the frame on a late 60s, early 70s dart, etc.

Holmes, I'm with you and have no problem with 4 door cars. Hell I owned and raced a 67 more door Dart for 21 years.Sold it this fall. In 1976 we had a no option Aspen 4 door that lasted 1 day and was brought back to the dealership where I worked on the hook with a bad tranny.The owner wanted another car and the dealer let him. I wanted the returned car to make it into a drag car.But I just bought my new Aspen 2 door a week sooner. Back then I was making $4.00 a hour and the bank wouldn't give me another loan. My loan was for $3200.Just couldn't swing it.

Ick. Terrible car...makes me want to buy a chebby...and I have *never* owned one...

I'm not sure how someone who likes A bodies could say that, there very close (duster is the predecessor) to the duster, even some of the body lines are the same although most parts don't interchange

but to each is own, world would be pretty boring if nobody had an opinion

A buddy of mine had the 318 Volare(Party)wagon in HS. It was pretty BA fast! His mom wondered why the car went thru tires so quickley???

Ever wonder about people who won't open a hood when selling a car?

I'm not sure how someone who likes A bodies could say that, there very close (duster is the predecessor) to the duster, even some of the body lines are the same although most parts don't interchange

but to each is own, world would be pretty boring if nobody had an opinion

It is odd and I agree. My girl friend was given a new orange aspen , 318, auto for Christmas one year. It was a serious POS new..I cannot imagine what it would be like 75K miles later. I actually had qualms about buying the Duster because of that car. The duster drives / sounds / feels much better. One thing that surprised me was how small the gas peddle was.. Perhaps it was a Monday or Friday built car..

maybe I need another drive..

I have an '85 cop-spec Gran Fury. People will just look at it when it is out-n-about, you never see them anymore

I've driven several F and M bodies (Diplomat is M- BTW), and they were all fine.

The initial years 76/77 had some issues, but after that, they're just fine.

It was a '79....

not sure if you seen it while you were here; but dad has a 1978 volare w/factory 360. it has rolled over 9 times

thats right it has 900,000 Km on it! never rebuilt since he's had it, and done daily driver dutys for over 20 years

not sure if you seen it while you were here; but dad has a 1978 volare w/factory 360. it has rolled over 9 times

thats right it has 900,000 Km on it! never rebuilt since he's had it, and done daily driver dutys for over 20 years

No. Geez...900K ! That is worthy of sending to ma chrysler.. maybe they would give you something new for the privilege of advertising the car..

OK, this is making me think more strongly of her car being a Monday or Friday car...

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back