198 talk : more power in the tower!!!

-

dusterfanatic

The 340 Hammer
Reaction score
so far i've bored and decked my 198 slant 6 i have a towing cam pretty much one up from stock and i bought a 4 barrel offy intake and a 450 cfm holly carb i am looking for someone or a place that sells the clifford headers to make it duels any tips suggestions or advice i've done other little minor things as well but do yall think a 450 was a right choice with a 4 barrel ?:burnout:

A 450 cfm doesn't sound "over-carbed". I think a 390 cfm is about the only smaller 4 bbl type you could get, which might give slightly better low rpm performance and mileage.

I occasionally see used slant 6 headers here and on ebay. If you ever plan to install a turbo-charger (very high threshold), you are may be better sticking with the stock exhaust manifold.

10-4 man thanks how much is a turbo kit usually run for these things?

As much or as little as you want. Really it depends on how much reliable boost you want and how much fabrications skills, spare parts and tools you have abailable.

There are folks that are using mostly stock engines with junkyards turbos that have gotten up and running for a few hundred bucks. And theycan run good!

Then there are folks like myself that have spent much more then their wife should ever know about ;-D

-
Back