-
Status
Not open for further replies.

MOBodyman

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
After giving it much thought, I've decided to put my beloved Shelby up for sale. I bought it in February of 1990. It's the first vehicle I bought new. I have all of the original books and paperwork for it including the window sticker and a copy of the MSO. I even have the Trader paper it was advertised in. It's #1091 and is completely original except for the tires, battery, and front brake calipers, although I still have the original parts. The spare has never been out from under the truck. It has always been stored inside.
It has about 38,*** miles on it. I have rarely driven it for the past 15 years or so. I did take it to a couple of cruise-ins and a Mopar car show this summer. The reason I'm selling it is that I hate to see it sit around and not be driven more but I also hate to drive it since it still has all the original belts and hoses, even the original spark plugs and air filter. It's not perfect as it has a couple of small blemishes in the decals and maybe a couple of other small marks I can't remember right now, but I would say it's about as nice as a 21 year old vehicle gets. Anyway, I would like to get $15k for it. Sorry, no trades, I have too many vehicles now. I have pics I can email if you are truly a serious buyer.
Thanks for looking, and thanks for the ad space FABO,
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_4700 (Small).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 7,674
Sweet. I owned #1407

bet the engine # doesn't match the truck # (according to the plate under the hood)

none did btw

Hey, I love those trucks I owned and sold #180 last year.It had 43,*** miles on her. I just wish they would bring the $$$ they deserve good luck with your sale.

I have a white one with 15000 miles #36 bought new in jan 90 good luck with the sale my kids will be fighting mine when im gone

I actually bought 2 of these new. The other one is #1077. I used it for a shop truck for over 15 years, then sold it to my sister. She drove it until this summer, then put it in my shop for a makeover. I think she's decided to part with it also when I finish it, as her needs have changed and she has no place to store it.
Several years ago I bought a white one that had been wrecked. I was going to fix it but instead sold it to a guy who ultimately had 10 of these trucks. I'll have to look the info up and see what # it was, as I can't recall right now. I also own #1222. It's had a hard life and I consider it basically a parts truck. I also bought quite a number of the Shelby specific parts back when they were still available.
PLYMCRAZY72 needs to buy mine so the kids won't have to fight. LOL
Thanks for the supportive comments,
Dallas

are you planning on selling the parts you have acquired do you have a performance computer kit

If I sell the truck I plan to sell the extra parts. I have an extra computer that's new but I can't remember if it's the performance one or not. I do remember it's a Shelby specific part. I have 4 yards of the 'Shelby' seat material, a couple of the grille emblems, a front air dam, a set of center caps, almost 2 complete sets of decals, a new radiator, a set of fog light covers, and some other smaller items.
Thanks,
Dallas

Keep it in good shape Dallas, if no one buys it by next fall I will...I have to wait at least a year apart from buying cars...it's the wifey thing...=P~

I keep it locked up in my garage 99.9% of the time. I've only put about 2,000 miles on it in the past 13+ years.
Maybe wifey could make an exception to the one year rule? Tell her it's for her? :toothy10: My sister loved driving hers.
Dallas

For those of you that dont know Dallas let me just say. I've seen the truck and it's as nice as he says it is. I've done some trading with Dallas before and been to his place. He's a stand up guy and wont jerk ya around like so many do in these times.
Small Block

For those of you that dont know Dallas let me just say. I've seen the truck and it's as nice as he says it is. I've done some trading with Dallas before and been to his place. He's a stand up guy and wont jerk ya around like so many do in these times.
Small Block

Awwwww, shucks, Small Block. (blushing LOL)
Thanks for the kind words.
I gotta get down there again for a visit if I can ever get caught up a little.
Dallas

What engines came in those ?

They came with a 318. It had 10 more hp than a 318 in other applications. They had a dual inlet air cleaner, 2 electric fans between the radiator and condenser, and Shelby-specific exhaust manifolds. They also had a hi-stall converter and a 3.90 Sure-Grip rear. Here's an engine pic. You are looking at 100% original belts and hoses there, too.
Dallas

Attachments

• IMG_4707 (Small).JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 6,327
Nice truck! I always liked and wanted one of those. Maybe some day. Good luck on the sale.

Beautiful truck!!! =P~ Good luck on the sale. What else ya got for sale? Wish I could have bought your Challenger or Charger projects way back in 2008.

Wylde1.

They came with a 318. It had 10 more hp than a 318 in other applications. They had a dual inlet air cleaner, 2 electric fans between the radiator and condenser, and Shelby-specific exhaust manifolds. They also had a hi-stall converter and a 3.90 Sure-Grip rear. Here's an engine pic. You are looking at 100% original belts and hoses there, too.
Dallas
Looks real clean...small block is a cool dude also...I wish I lived close to both of you...I grew up in St. Charles and miss living there..maybe again when I retire

Beautiful truck!!! =P~ Good luck on the sale. What else ya got for sale? Wish I could have bought your Challenger or Charger projects way back in 2008.

Wylde1.

Thanks for the compliment on the truck.
I haven't heard from the guy who bought the Challenger 'vert. But I have a couple of pics of the Charger after it was done. It came out really nice. I may post some before and after pics sometime.
I still have more projects than I can ever finish. I still need to thin the herd. Besides, I've been really thinking how nice a new Challenger would look parked in the garage. Won't happen though, unless I get rid of some more stuff.

Since you asked what else I have, here goes;
A-body;
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Coupe - $3,000- nice body, no engine. title
1971 Plymouth Scamp - $3,500- 318, auto, p/s, a/c 42k actual, runs good, title.
1973 Plymouth Duster - $1,200-318, auto, p/s, p/b, a/c, runs good, no title.
1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 - $5,500- TB3, 340, auto, p/s, p/b, original engine, runs strong, drives good, several $ spent already. title
1975 Plymouth Scamp - $850- no m/t, good title, disc brakes.

B-body;
1966 Plymouth Belvedere II hardtop - $850, no motor/trans, manual brakes and steering, rough but not rusty, no title
1975 Plymouth RoadRunner - $2,500, 318, auto, p/s, p/b, runs and drives good. title
1979 Chrysler 300 - $600- hp360, auto, p/s, p/b, a/c, will part out, no motor/trans. title

C-body;
1967 Dodge Polara Mild Custom - $2,500- 383, auto, p/s, p/b, a/c, dual exhaust, runs good, I've driven 4,*** miles. Not a project car. title
1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible - $1,500, comes with '74 440, title

Misc. and Brand X;

1947 Cadillac Hearse - $1,500, no title

1947 Ford Coupe + 4 door parts car - $1,500, no title

1959 Jeep CJ-5- $850- hardtop, Pinto engine, runs good, fiberglass front clip, no title

All this, and about 18 parts cars and trucks. LOL When do you want to come and get them? I give multiple car discounts! :toothy10:
Dallas

Thanks for the compliment on the truck.
I haven't heard from the guy who bought the Challenger 'vert. But I have a couple of pics of the Charger after it was done. It came out really nice. I may post some before and after pics sometime.
I still have more projects than I can ever finish. I still need to thin the herd. Besides, I've been really thinking how nice a new Challenger would look parked in the garage. Won't happen though, unless I get rid of some more stuff.

Since you asked what else I have, here goes;
A-body;
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Coupe - $3,000- nice body, no engine. title
1971 Plymouth Scamp - $3,500- 318, auto, p/s, a/c 42k actual, runs good, title.
1973 Plymouth Duster - $1,200-318, auto, p/s, p/b, a/c, runs good, no title.
1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 - $5,500- TB3, 340, auto, p/s, p/b, original engine, runs strong, drives good, several $ spent already. title
1975 Plymouth Scamp - $850- no m/t, good title, disc brakes.

B-body;
1966 Plymouth Belvedere II hardtop - $850, no motor/trans, manual brakes and steering, rough but not rusty, no title
1975 Plymouth RoadRunner - $2,500, 318, auto, p/s, p/b, runs and drives good. title
1979 Chrysler 300 - $600- hp360, auto, p/s, p/b, a/c, will part out, no motor/trans. title

C-body;
1967 Dodge Polara Mild Custom - $2,500- 383, auto, p/s, p/b, a/c, dual exhaust, runs good, I've driven 4,*** miles. Not a project car. title
1969 Chrysler 300 Convertible - $1,500, comes with '74 440, title

Misc. and Brand X;

1947 Cadillac Hearse - $1,500, no title

1947 Ford Coupe + 4 door parts car - $1,500, no title

1959 Jeep CJ-5- $850- hardtop, Pinto engine, runs good, fiberglass front clip, no title

All this, and about 18 parts cars and trucks. LOL When do you want to come and get them? I give multiple car discounts! :toothy10:
Dallas
I want to visit...maybe this summer..just to spend some time and chat with you...I would love to see your place and all you have to offer..you are a great friend and a great mopar lover...best wishes to you Dallas and have a Merry Christmas this year...best wished to ya..Eric

I want to visit...maybe this summer..just to spend some time and chat with you...I would love to see your place and all you have to offer..you are a great friend and a great mopar lover...best wishes to you Dallas and have a Merry Christmas this year...best wished to ya..Eric

Thanks,
Come on up anytime, there's always something to look at. Hope you have a joyous and meaningful holiday season and an happy and prosperous new year.
Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back