1998 Dodge Stratus 2.4L automatic $1,400.00 trade for your Mopar or parts for mine???

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel_depetro

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Contact seller
For sale is my 1998 Dodge Stratus. It only has about 100,000 actual miles on the car. It is dark green metallic with a dark charcoal colored interior. It is rust free except the hood does have a rust hole (which is extremely common to these cars and a new one can be had for only $150.00 and used ones can probably be had for about $50.00). The interior is also extremely clean as is the engine bay and trunk space.
The engine is a 2.4L (4-cylinder) starts right up and runs flawlessly. The timing belt has 5 miles on it so no worries there. The overdrive transmission shifts great and the car gets great fuel economy!!
The cars drives as good as it looks and doesn't need anything. The tires are 205/70R-14-inch units and have about 70% tread remaining.
It does need a radio (cheap). It also could use a new passenger side mirror, but those again are only $10-25.00 for NEW ones off eBay! My buddy has one he was parting out. If he still has it and it has a mirror and a radio I'll pull both items and install them in this car.

Dan DePetro
[email protected]
daniel_depetro @yahoo.com (without the space before the @)
(906) 273-0256

I'll get some better photos very soon and post them.

1998dodgestratustitleob1.jpg

dsc00731bd2.jpg

dsc00724cg1.jpg

dsc00725np0.jpg

dsc00729rv0.jpg

dsc00726ko8.jpg

dsc00727qh7.jpg

I am open to trades, however I am not going to take a beating. This car is priced very reasonable and your trade offers should be of about equal (or greater) value unless you add cash also

Hey Daniel, what kind of mileage per gallon does she get? Automatic right?
What parts would intrest you? Pass' Cali. emissions? New Yorkers gotta pass the Cali. standards as well. It's a bummer, but, whatcha gonna do?

I do not see why it wouldn't pass emissions anywhere. It runs great and has no issues.

It has the larger 2.4L 150 horsepower engine and they were rated at 21 CTY / 30 HWY miles per gallon and I would say thats accurate. Honestly I never did a mile per gallon calculation to check it.

1969.5 A12 air cleaner
B-body Dana 60 rear end
18-spline 4-speed transmission
440 Source stealth aluminum BB heads
1969 440 engine (E440 HP2)

Also looking for another A-body project:

1973 Plymouth Duster 340 project/parts car. A rusted junk hulk of a shell OK. Must have dash VIN tag, fender tag and/or build sheet...)

1974 Plymouth Duster 360 project/parts car. A rusted junk hulk of a shell OK. Must have dash VIN tag, fender tag and/or build sheet...)

1973 Dodge Dart Sport 340 project/parts car. A rusted junk hulk of a shell OK. Must have dash VIN tag, fender tag and/or build sheet...)

1974 Dodge Dart Sport 360 project/parts car. A rusted junk hulk of a shell OK. Must have dash VIN tag, fender tag and/or build sheet...)

This Stratus did me well. I ended up trading it even up for a clean rust free 2001 Dodge Ram 1500, quad cab, SLT, 5.9L, automatic with 130,072 on the odometer.

It is a 2wd which is what I prefer for better fuel economy and will be a welcomed upgrade from my old Ford (F-150, standard cab, long box, 300 I-6, 5-speed manual trans, no A/C, no cruise control, manual windows/door locks/mirrors, 132,*** miles, with tons of new parts/add ons). It's a great truck & now is for sale!

Anyways factory options on the Dodge include: Automatic overdrive transmission (could have done without this one), ABS, towing package with H.D. receiver, SLT package, premium leather interior, A/C, cruise control, power windows, power door locks, power & heated mirrors, power steering, tilt steering column, premium 16" aluminum wheels, sliding rear window, ...

Some of the aftermarket touches include a Dodge bedliner, new headlight & corner assemblies, Euro style tail lights, rear side window louvers, window visors, open element air filter assembly, a Kenwood AM/FM/CD receiver running a 2-way Infinity component system for speakers and a Sony Xpold 600 watt amp, white faced gauges, stainless steel gauge overlay, and a B&M transmission temperature gauge with pod. It also came with a billet grille and Euro style tail lights (which I have replaced with a OEM chrome grille & LED tails).
It also already has a new mandrel bent dual 3" exhaust system on it with a DynoMax muffler.

As traded photos:

2001dodgeram15002wd59ller6.jpg

2001dodgeram15002wd59lrrz9.jpg

2001dodgeram15002wd59lrrk5.jpg

ramcockpitvi5.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back