1st annual "FORABODIESONLY"CAR- BA- QUE

-
the car- ba- que sounds great. would like too join you but have my nieces baby shower down jersey shore that day. by the way who the h*ll started men haveing too go to baby showers. i'd like too beat her over the head. :cry:

onehellofadart.... wow I have heard of the baby's father stopping by at the baby shower but not actually attending the shower usually just to drop of the mommy-to-be and picking up all the presents....I have been to a few baby shower's, thank god most of my friends haven't gotten to that point yet...my thoughts are with you.... :salut:

well the Mopar Car-B-Que would love to have everyone and anyone that enjoys the passion of Mopars. The "Q" Crew has worked very hard with sponsors and participant (flyering) to make this year a success. I am sure Abody or I have flyerd one or more members of this board on occassion.

The main concern was to clarify any miscommunication that may arise between the similar titles for those sponsors and participants that the "Q" Crew have already contacted or will be contacting for the Mopar Car-B-Que show.
Thank you Fastback for clarifing the "FORABODIESONLY" Car-Ba-Que.

I wish I lived anywhere close to this car-ba-que. It sounds like it will be a TON of fun! As far as the baby shower thing goes, I feel bad for you, because her in the mid-west, we still do the girls only thing.... good luck... :flower:

If this isn't such a big deal, why are so many people interested in changing the name of something which may cross circles, but anyone really involved would know the difference. I understand the connection to the name because you have worked hard on making something which is fun and respected, but the problem is that you don't have the copywrite to the name and as far as I understand they did have a different name, one is Mopar and the other is forbodiesonly. Am I mistaken? I think they would both be a lot of fun and help give each other a good name. :flower:

Just a little bit of trivia.

John Andretti has a resturant in Nashville called "The Car-B-Que"

Cuda66,yes but do you know the whole name???

"CAR B QUE ANDRETTI'S RIBS & GRILL JOHN NASHVILLE FUEL"

don't ask.... :shock:

Fine69 and ABodyJoe. I hope this hasnt given you ill feelings for the board. Joe, you were one of the first members here and I thank you. It was also great meating the two of you at Engishtown

I have no problem changing the name (which it really isnt a name its just what it is) I just didnt care one bit for Laras introduction to the board.

If she would have been alittle more grown up about it instead of signing up to call me a poser and try to tell me off I would have had no problems making the changes.

I will not have people sign up on our board for no other reason then to sling mud at people.

Im sorry if this has cause the two of you trouble, but I hope Lara decides to grow up and conduct here bussiness in a more grown up manner next time.

:eek:ccasion:

not at all dude.... i mean at first i was a little upset because i know i personally handed you a flyer at e-town and had the flyer posted on the board but thats why i replied to the post the way i did.... like i said the only concern i had was sponsers and participants maybe getting them confused... i know they are 4 hours or so apart but thats not really that far.... and i don't know about everyone else but i'm getting a little burned out from all the preparation for it already i just want it to be here so we all can enjoy it.... theres definatley no hard feelings here.... i like the site and plan on staying if thats cool.....

thanks,
joe

Let's see... A road trip from Salem, Oregon to Danbury, CT. Must be 4000 miles. I better start now in order to make it by the 17 of July! :roll:

Adam you know I'll always be behind you 100% :salut:

Fine69 and Abodyjoe you are good people to me and handled things the way they should be handle :thumleft: If you ever need help with anything, I will do whatever I can to help. That Lara thing just made it an unpleasant situation for everyone.

onehellofadart....I feel for you man :eek:ops:

Duster340, Welcome to the party :eek:ccasion: Sorry you had to jump in right in the middle of our first unpleasant situation. At least we can say that the unpleasant part wasn't started by a regular member of the board. :wink:

Lara, "Me thinks thou doth protest to much".

I think having a get to together for as many "A-Body types" is a great idea. I wish I was a bit closer. You can call it anything you want and someone will also have used the name. Call it the A-Body Eat, Drink & Drain. Who cares! You people will get to know each other and have a great time. That is the point. Go for it! :cheers:

Call it a Car-B-Cue, Mopar-B-Cue, Hot Car-B-Cue, It dont matter.
It's a get together for fun and to show off cars.
Just have fun, Im sure theres more then 1 "Monster mopar weekend", "Mopar Madness", Whatever it its called just have fun with it.
If you take donations then send them on to your local Childrens Hospital or whatever Charity you like.
The fact that Mopar people want to get together and eat, drink and cruise is a wonderful idea, I wish I lived closer so I could attend.

Adam, Could you send me a to-go plate? I'll take my Mustang burger medium rare :tongue:

Holy Crap!!!!! I was away for a couple of days and look what happened. Some people can sure be (censored). I guess in their pathetic little minds the negative reaction their childish reply causes makes them feel important since they then become the center of attention. Goes to show ya that not all car hobbyist are as cool as we would like to think (or would hope to have on the board), kinda dissapointing if you ask me. Hopefully the "better" people involved with the Atco event would have voiced any concerns or objections in a more professional and grown up manner. ANYWAY, to avoid any finger pointing lets just call it something else. I saw it as a great gesture to get some members together and have some fun, not steal anyones "original" idea.
Let the board members suggest names and start a poll to vote for a winner.

So has the date been changed since the 10th seemed to conflict with other events?

Adam, carry on my good man! Its a great idea so lets make it happen!

fastbackcuda said:
Yes it is so were gonna change it to the 17th.
Edit the first post to change to the correct date so people don't get screwed up. (at least not about the date)

Wow-controversy!! Maybe it should be The PC 1st annual all A bodies,but everybodies welcome,get your grub and drink on,not to be confused with any other event,monster car fan get together,in NJ.

( Tax and title extra,on approved credit,not all will qualify,The use of the word Monster is in by no means meant to represent horror,drink at own risk,not responsible for gas or bloating due to over indulgence,and please can't we all just get along...) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :joker:

mopwertim said:
Wow-controversy!! Maybe it should be The PC 1st annual all A bodies,but everybodies welcome,get your grub and drink on,not to be confused with any other event,monster car fan get together,in NJ.

( Tax and title extra,on approved credit,not all will qualify,The use of the word Monster is in by no means meant to represent horror,drink at own risk,not responsible for gas or bloating due to over indulgence,and please can't we all just get along...) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :joker:
:D

:cheers: :D :cheers:

mopwertim said:

:D

hey guys how bout some directions from nj, without going over gwb.can't stand 95, will not take dart over bridge. may be able to get out of :puker: baby shower :cheers: maybe.

-
Back