2&1/8" tti in 73 duster

-

Buckmaster

Reaction score
I have a set for my 512 and they are rubbing the rt fender well , should I massage the fenderwell or get some shumachers or smaller tti's? Also clearance on the crossmember is less on the rt side by about 1/2"

Thanks for any input

Motor made 766hp on the dyno

Buck - I would massage. Those are some very big headers and they work well. I used Schumackers, they work well but you will take a hit on the power on that beast. I then went to the same TTI's and it made a world of difference. #6 was a problem with plugs, so I drilled a hole.

Make sure your engine is level and square in the compartment, may lead to other issues such as heat, fan space, or binding in transmission.

Good luck - 766 is a lot of motor for an A-Body, assuming you have a torque strap and frame rails?

Are you running biscuit mounts?

Try shimming the PS up.

Schumacher mounts , unsure what biscuit mounts are . Its a manual steering car

Attachments

• 20150916_073057.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 348
Schumacher mounts , unsure what biscuit mounts are . Its a manual steering car

Buckmaster did you follow the install instructions that came with the mounts?

http://www.engine-swaps.com/IMGs/Instructions/73 & up V8 - BRB4.jpg

I had to do it with my 73 dart, but i was only using Indy EZ heads and the TTI 2x3-1/2 headers. I take it you are using INDY SR or 440 Dash-1 Heads? got any more pics of your car? sounds like it will be a very nice car when you are done.

Thanks for your input , they are indy ez flowed and ported. The 1/8 would have made some diff but I am going to see about losening the mounts and see if that helps

Attachments

• 14424459257281690548437.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 320
I have a SBM on the 72down K. I had to shim the bisquit mounts for clearance..
Your BBM and 73up mounts are a little more difficult to adjust, but should be well worth the effort, especially considering the price of the alternatives. And the TTIs are loooong lasting, and mine hold their flange torque very, very well.
Good luck.

I'm running the 2" tti header and the may have 1/16" from the inner fender.
There no room to move the engine as the headers with contact the t bar in my case.
Running 440 with indy EZ heads and a motor plate

Here is clearance pictures

looks like you got the massager sitting there ready for action LOL. mine was tight and had to drill hole for #6 plug as well. going with a set of shumachers for ease of plug servicing.

Attachments

• IMG_0304.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 282
I am having trouble getting 2 1/8 step headers in my Demon with a RB/440-1. The car is getting a set of coil over LCAs to make room. I wrecked a new set of proparts to make them fit. It seems my motor plate that was for the B/B1 motor is not locating the motor the same as what Mazzolini's mount says the motor should be at.

Now what as there are 3 tubes on the proparts that need fixing. May be easier to get the TTI frame headers, or what???

A-bodies came with massaged passenger inner fender stock in 68. Airwoofer,consider messing with that motor plate to locate the motor where stock would be. Then you would know where you stand next time you want to change headers or oil pan or whatever.

-
Back