2-Bolt Master Cylinders

-

74Dusted

Stock Piler of 340's
Reaction score
Those of you running the 2-Bolt (Aluminum) Master Cylinders with Disc/Drum Brakes, what vehicle was it originally for? So I know which one to order for my '74 Duster.

While I'm doing the 4-Speed Conversion, I'll be converting to Power Brakes (have everything except the Master Cylinder). The booster I've got (A D50 booster that shares the same dimensions as an A-Body booster) uses the later style 2-Bolt Master Cylinder

I have one from an MP/DC kit and one from a 5th Ave.
They look identical, and have the same threads in the outlets.

I have one from an MP/DC kit and one from a 5th Ave.
They look identical, and have the same threads in the outlets.

Satisfied with the stopping power of the newer 2-bolt MC? Similar to stock or an improvement?

I mean there's nothing really wrong with my Manual Disc/Drum setup (with Ceramic Pads and Semi Metallic Shoes), I can lock em up with the best of them. But I figured, While I've got the car torn apart, why not convert to Power Brakes.

I have a two bolt aluminum master cyl, I think it is originally off of a van or truck. Good pedal, more clearance, cleaner look. Of course, that's just my opinion. Some people don't like the look of modern master cyls on older cars. They're the same guys who don't like my slotted and cross drilled rotors showing behind all four wheels...

I have a two bolt aluminum master cyl, I think it is originally off of a van or truck. Good pedal, more clearance, cleaner look. Of course, that's just my opinion. Some people don't like the look of modern master cyls on older cars. They're the same guys who don't like my slotted and cross drilled rotors showing behind all four wheels...

Or better yet the guy who spends thousands of dollars on open shiney wheels then paints his rusted stock calipers on the car and thinks it looks good... I personally like 2 bolt master cylinders..its a nice upgrade and updates a muscle car

Attachments

• duster 002.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 177
  • duster 004.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 183
  • duster 010.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 168
Or better yet the guy who spends thousands of dollars on open shiney wheels then paints his rusted stock calipers on the car and thinks it looks good....

Lol My brakes are just mocked up right now, so the rotors and calipers have RUST all over them! I'll take them back apart for cleaning and paint. Some day.

img1288560370149.jpg

-
Back