2 years of body and paint.....done!

-

aengineguy

Reaction score
Thought I would share. Finished this September. Was no rust at all on the car, but had been thru parking lot wars for years. I knew I could not get the RH quarter straight, so I chopped it out. All work by myself....just like the rest of the car. Hundreds of hours of block sanding. Original Y8 Gold Poly, but went with a BC\CC......gallon of clear.

View attachment 20140426_135836-1.jpg

View attachment 20140609_030352 a.jpg

View attachment 20150615_205723-1.jpg

View attachment DSCF0006-1.jpg

View attachment DSCF0023-1.jpg

View attachment 77-1.jpg

Wow!! Nice work! ALWAYS more satisfaction doing it yourself.

I'm great at mechanical but never been a body guy. Not sure how I'm going to do it when it comes time to do my body/paint.

Nice finished product.
Time is irrelevant when your goals are achieved.
And others can see your skills and hard work put in.

Again, good job.

Thanks guys......yeah there are times when you would rather taking a beating than go out to the garage and sand, sand, sand. Scared the crap out of me when I started to shoot the color. I am much better at mechanical too, but I did not want to drop 10 to 15K and not have the opportunity to say I did it all by my lonesome. So far the only thing I have not done myself is the 904 trans. John Cope built a full race manual reverse pattern for it. Some of the best money I ever spent on the car.

Very nice, and a local... We just might run across one another once I get this Duster done for my wife. Nice work!

Wow! That turned out awesome. Gives me inspiration to get in the garage and finish mine!

Wow! That turned out awesome. Gives me inspiration to get in the garage and finish mine!

Thanks, that is the reason I put pictures up of what I have done.....gives other people the inspiration to go and do there own. I know it sure helped looking at all the great rides other have on this board.

Great looking paint and a sweet looking Dart:coffee2: Time to head out to the shop and get working!

Dave,

I love that hood... making me want to swap out my big scoop hood for a cowl induction...

Very nice job. Do you have a thread that shows your step by step work? Was wondering, you said hundreds of hours blocking. Did you start at the top and work down, or front to back or just one panel at a time? I'm hoping to put down my first coat of primer on mine in the next few weeks and I've never done body and paint. Have a few guys that are giving my instruction as I go but would like to hear your method as well. Again excellent work!
Rod

Black and gold has to be one of the meanest color combinations ever. Looks great.

-
Back