[FOR SALE] 2000 5.9L magnum built shortblock for trade?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

giggitybit

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Had built a 5.9l Magnum for a swap, buddy went big block instead.
10:1 hyper pistons
Rings
Clevites (all)
HUGHES Whiplash cam (springs too)
Double roller chain
Melling HV oil pump
Tanked/fluxed/assembled
ARP hardware

Wrapped for the last few years, as I don't have heads for it. So zero mile shortblock (with bad stock heads, intake etc... got a few oil pans (including swap pan) and accessories I suppose.

But what I want - is a decent running 5.9l for my Durango RT... installed.

Basically goes like this... if you have a 5.9l magnum that is good running, totally stock is good and you want to swap it out for a built motor at no cost... install your motor in my durango, you get the cracked head motor from the durango and the built motor.

I'm SW of Indianapolis about 15 miles.

Or... gimme $4000 and take the motor and the Durango RT and do whatever you want... my 15 year old doesn't want it... and that was the main reason for it. Makes me no difference, I just want to break even on the Durango (which was driving fine until the crack happened and I parked it earlier this year)
20190519_194337.jpg
20180120_125408.jpg

Had built a 5.9l Magnum for a swap, buddy went big block instead.
10:1 hyper pistons
Rings
Clevites (all)
HUGHES Whiplash cam (springs too)
Double roller chain
Melling HV oil pump
Tanked/fluxed/assembled
ARP hardware

Wrapped for the last few years, as I don't have heads for it. So zero mile shortblock (with bad stock heads, intake etc... got a few oil pans (including swap pan) and accessories I suppose.

But what I want - is a decent running 5.9l for my Durango RT... installed.

Basically goes like this... if you have a 5.9l magnum that is good running, totally stock is good and you want to swap it out for a built motor at no cost... install your motor in my durango, you get the cracked head motor from the durango and the built motor.

I'm SW of Indianapolis about 15 miles.

Or... gimme $4000 and take the motor and the Durango RT and do whatever you want... my 15 year old doesn't want it... and that was the main reason for it. Makes me no difference, I just want to break even on the Durango (which was driving fine until the crack happened and I parked it earlier this year)View attachment 1715981180 View attachment 1715981181

What are the pistons and cam part numbers? Block been bored or any other machine work? How many miles on the Durango?

What are the pistons and cam part numbers? Block been bored or any other machine work? How many miles on the Durango?

I'll have to go digging around the reciepts for the pistons. Cam is a Hughes Whiplash roller cam - the one that is chop at idle and smooths out to be pretty mild - can get specs off the reciept.
Durango... tranny and TC replaced about 80K on them, motor was original, 230K - owned by a deaf mechanic before I bought it (because why would he care that the speakers didnt work ) but it ran good and he replaced about everything else on it. I bought it about 3 years ago, very clean, drove it back from Dayton Ohio, and routine maintenance, couple oil changes worth of driving - mostly just little around town jaunts when I didn't feel like rocking the minivan. Interior is in good shape too, heated seats just blink at you though.

@jdsduster - probably... but it is an odd scenario where I don't much care about making any of this sound super attractive to everyone - unless you're the right person who sees the potential in this situation... I'd rather not have to deal with lots of time typing on my phone. Lotta ways to make this work though, hell, great opportunity for someone wanting to make that AWD Dakota R/T (if they had a 318 4x4 dakota... swap the 318/ecu into the Durango, slap your rims on it, resell, and enjoy!)

20200101_123423.jpg

20200101_123559.jpg

20200101_123520.jpg

20200101_123453.jpg

So you want a bone stock great runner 360 installed for the 10.1 rebuilt short block 'keep the cracked heads'..?

So you want a bone stock great runner 360 installed for the 10.1 rebuilt short block 'keep the cracked heads'..?

Bone stock 360 installed for the built shortblock, and you can keep the original 5.9l (with the assumed cracked heads) from the Durango as a core if ya want.
Or buy the Durango and shortblock and do whatever with whichever... and I don't care as long as I get my end and don't have to do a motor swap. Not lazy, just lack time, had to sell all my projects, turn down work - just too busy with the day job and family.

Too bad you're so far away. I have what you're looking for and I would do the work. Good luck with it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back