2001 Chevy 'Cuda.

-

1994redram

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
With the crazy prices on E body mopars not everyone can afford to have one. So this guy built one. Some guys swap LS engines into their cars. He just swapped a car over his LS. Clever

Screenshot_20180524-092419.png

Here's the Facebook link for those of you that have one. Jeff Kipfmueller

With the time and money that went into that, you could of easily bought a nice project or daily driver. I’d even go above my budget to save the embarrassment and harassment from chevy and mopar enthusiasts.

With the time and money that went into that, you could of easily bought a nice project or daily driver. I’d even go above my budget to save the embarrassment and harassment from chevy and mopar enthusiasts.

You're right but can't that be said about anyone's car on this forum? Hotrodding and customizing cars is not a rational hobby.

Yeah, that Camaro/Cuda chimera is suprisingly repulsive but I give the builder credit for following through on his idea.

You're right but can't that be said about anyone's car on this forum? Hotrodding and customizing cars is not a rational hobby.

Yeah, that Camaro/Cuda chimera is suprisingly repulsive but I give the builder credit for following through on his idea.
You’re absolutely right. It is hotrodding, I just believe it was the wrong approach for having the best in both names. I really do appreciate customization. But this really dropped my jaw.

He does show talent.
Taste .... maybe not so much.
You can only elevate a Chevy so much.

More than anything, I think these examples highlight just how important auto design really is and how brutally difficult it is to get right. Not everyone can be Harley Earl.

Even the better designs (that aren't created in a proper design studio) are so frequently off for some vague, intangible reason. For example, I like the Equus Bass...but it's impossible to not see that everything that looks "right" about this design is what was lifted directly from the Mustang. Everything else is just kind of "eh."

Equus Bass.PNG

It like two dogs you know you shouldn't breed together but you do anyway just out of curiosity.

More than anything, I think these examples highlight just how important auto design really is and how brutally difficult it is to get right. Not everyone can be Harley Earl.

Even the better designs (that aren't created in a proper design studio) are so frequently off for some vague, intangible reason. For example, I like the Equus Bass...but it's impossible to not see that everything that looks "right" about this design is what was lifted directly from the Mustang. Everything else is just kind of "eh."

View attachment 1715179673
Heres the funny thing "Equus" is just another name for horse

He could have cut the camaro down to a rolling chassis with a firewall, and slid it under a 70 barracuda body that was rotted out underneath, that wouldent have been that bad, but the roofline is what fucks it up so bad.

Last edited:
-
Back