2008 Portland Swap Meet...Who's going??

-
I will be there vending...taking a small pile of mopar stuff and in with a guy that has more chevy stuff than a skunk has stink. spaces 5310 5311 5312 5312a

Maybe...we'll see how the weather is. I don't need anything so it would just be a two hour drive to walk around all day in the rain and drive home wet. :-\

Darn it! I wanted to, but it's drill weekend. Oh well, think of all the money I'll save!

Maybe...we'll see how the weather is. I don't need anything so it would just be a two hour drive to walk around all day in the rain and drive home wet. :-\

Or in other words just a normal day in Seattle??????

Not Portland but I'll be going to Munroe next month, anyone going to that one?

I will be at Portland if I can shake this nasty head cold and if my buddy doesn't wuss out and decide not to go (he's my ride). I should stay home and work on stuff but it's Portland!!!

Monroe I will be at for sure!

Mt. Vernon is on the 19th, It's small but there is usualy some mopar stuff there.

I will be there Sat. in my FABO shirt, black Mopar hat, and Dickies jacket.

I say that we all raid RPM's stalls and see what kind of stuff he brings us. Im pretty sure that I have bought stuff off him the last few years and didn't know it was him LOL.

Anyone up for a real-time meeting?

Is there a good place (and time) to meet up at the event? Might be easier to do that ,rather than trying to pick peeps out of the crowd.

We'll probably do the main expo site first, and then waddle down to the track for the other meet late Friday or Saturday.

Is there a good place (and time) to meet up at the event? Might be easier to do that ,rather than trying to pick peeps out of the crowd.

We'll probably do the main expo site first, and then waddle down to the track for the other meet late Friday or Saturday.

Well, we're on the road this morning. Will try and catch people if I can. If anyone comes up with a meeting site, post it here.

Well what did you get? I picked up a front sway bar with brackets off a Demon for Nikkis 72 scamp for 20 bucks when the guy had 40 on it. Other than that I didn't really find anything I was looking for but I had a good time on the ride there and back with my buddy Matt who now has the swapmeet fever after finding a trunklid for his 64 impala SS for 40 bucks.
I am kinda pissed that we didn't have enough time to goto the track meet and see what was down there.

Hey RPM, do you guys have the stall that is outside the buildings and next to the Blue 70 challenger or are you down in the lower area? I didn't see anyone from FABO.

Well what did you get? I picked up a front sway bar with brackets off a Demon for Nikkis 72 scamp for 20 bucks when the guy had 40 on it. Other than that I didn't really find anything I was looking for but I had a good time on the ride there and back with my buddy Matt who now has the swapmeet fever after finding a trunklid for his 64 impala SS for 40 bucks.
I am kinda pissed that we didn't have enough time to goto the track meet and see what was down there.

Good score on the sway-bar.

You didn't miss much at the P.I.R. meet.

I didn't get much....Found a Commando air cleaner and base (seller told me it came off a Falcon...LOL!!!)...not show quality, but very good (for original chrome) driver quality. Also scored an original radio for my F*rd pick-up (camper/dirt/plywood hauler). Other than that, very little. My bro-in-law was real disappointed as there was precious-little 1926-27 T stuff for his hot rod. We may have to hit Spring Monroe for that stuff. Lotsa nice cars there for sale...several early Valiants,couple 2nd gen Darts and B'cuda's, some B-body's, but lotsa neat street rods..some even Mopar! Lotsa junk too, as usual. Friday weather was OK, but Saturday sucked! I heard from several outside vendors that sales were in the tank.

Hey RPM...did that Cosworth Vega sell?

26-27 stuff? What is it that he needs? I just sold my 27 tall T and my dad is building a 27 rat pick up. I also know a guy who has enough parts that it would make anyone looking for something crap themself.

26-27 stuff? What is it that he needs? I just sold my 27 tall T and my dad is building a 27 rat pick up. I also know a guy who has enough parts that it would make anyone looking for something crap themself.

gee,I not sure what all he's looking for, but he was looking for decent sedan rear fenders at the meet, which he didn't find. I can ask him and get back to ya.

I will be getting the day off work. Can't believe its been a year already. Who is going to MOPAR'S at BCC?

Don't think there's a M@BCC this year. I heard there's a "Pacific Northwest Mopar Nationals" on this year at Pacific Raceways (S.I.R., if you're as old as me!). Check out the P.R. site http://www.pacificraceways.com/ ,hit "Schedule" page, and scroll down to July 26/27.

I went to the S.I.R. (not as old but Im just stubborn) mopar meet/drags last year and it sucked. There were more people selling non car related crap than there was mopar parts. I did get a aluminum 1 gallon mini Hams Beer keg for 10 bucks. It will be the overflow tank on my 53.
Are they still doing the Carnation Mopar swapmeet, I thought that was the replacement for the BCC meet?

June 1st is the *** Root Beer Mopar Spring Roundup in Issaquah, WA. I think we need to get as many FABO guys there as we can!

-
Back