2010 Dodge Demon?

-

Mopar_Chick

Reaction score
So while browsing Google I found that they are considering a Dodge Demon 2010 concept car? Has anyone else heard about this? I'm not sure I like it but some may...

112_0704_08z+dodge_demon_concept+left_front_view.jpg

112_0704_11z+dodge_demon_concept+left_rear_view.jpg

dodge-demon-concept-3.jpg

Styling of the 2010 Dodge Demon borrows cues from the hulking V-10 Dodge Viper and would likely carry over with little change from the Demon concept. Ditto dimensions, which are very close to those of the Pontiac Solstice.

The Dodge D emon Concept used a 172-horsepower 2.4-liter four-cylinder engine and six-speed manual transmission. At this point it is unclear if the 2010 Dodge Demon will use an engine that is part of the U.S.-built Global Alliance family shared with Mitsubishi and Hyundai, or an engine sourced from Chery.

The Dodge Demon Concept sporte d 19-inch wheels, which could be a bit much for a showroom model. Expect 17s to be standard, with 18s optional.

Other concept features would likely survive with little or no alteration. These include the semi-retro cockpit design heavy on brushed-metal trim (or facsimiles); a manual-folding cloth top that hides beneath a hard cover just behind the cockpit; and a stubby rollbar behind each seat to protect occupants in case of a flip.

The rest of the 2010 Dodge Demon package will hinge on marketing decisions based heavily on competitors' pricing, but standards should include modern must-haves such as antilock disc brakes, traction control, and seat-mounted torso side airbags. We also wouldn't rule out a turbocharged Demon as a year-two addition with standard stability control, performance-tuned suspension and special trim.

One thing that might be changed is the name, a point missed entirely by press reports we've seen. Perhaps the writers are too young to remember, but Dodge used Demon way back in 1971-72 for its version of the popular compact Plymouth Duster, complete with logo decals of a cute little cartoon devil. It was all innocent fun, Dodge thought, but some people thought otherwise and wrote nasty letters, enough that Dodge adopted the prosaic Dart Sport handle. Such are the perils of modern automotive marketing.

A Notable Feature of the 2010 Dodge Demon

Like other affordable sports cars, the 2010 Dodge Demon wraps off-the-shelf mechanical components in a distinctive two-seat roadster package.

Needs anopther 100 HP for the base model with V-8 option!

Looks like a toy to me, but if it helps keep Chrysler in business that would be good. Not deserving of the Demon name.

Ugly car!

I really hope they change the name.

I love what they did with the new Challenger. If they do a Demon remake they have to do a better job than that!

That is if they can stay in business long enough.

Nope,doesn't work for me either.Looks like a bizzaro Demon.8)Kinda smacks of a Nissan 250Z.

I don't like it. Needs more power and ether a restyle or a name change. Just because they call it a Demon don't make it one.

not sure if i like the styling but i sure like your choice of the color "green"

P5210023 (Large).jpg

Actually, rather you agree with the name or not, I have no problems with Dodge trying to get into this niche. The Miata and the S2000 have a good following amongst their fans and if it means Chrysler can draw a few of them away and into the fold...If it's done right. Now imagine that same Global Sourced 2.4L from the Calibur SRT4 at 300hp under the hood and the sports car guys putting these on the track.
But...this is the same company who replaced the first SRT4 with a box, won't make said box AWD in the SRT4 configuration to compete with the WRX and the chances of this car being put into production, let alone in a way that will compete with the Miata and the S2000, are slim to none.

It makes me wonder which way the thought process has gone with the design people with these companies. The Demon is a highly desirable car in its own right so why wouldn't you incorporate some of the features of the original styling in the new process? Kinda like ford with the mustang, chevy with the camaro and Dodge with the Challenger? What is wrong with this picture? Can you say " 4 speed, fuel injected, that gets good gas milage with a ton of styling in the retro mode"?
Small Block

-
Back