2010 Superbird???????

is this a good idea?

• Great idea!

Votes: 5 8.9%
  • Bad idea!

Votes: 34 60.7%
  • Could be a good idea, but needs more work.....

Votes: 15 26.8%
  • Undecided...Hummm?

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

7demon2

Registered User #1824
Reaction score
ok here is a sure to be mixed emotion topic. this is pulled from the new issue of mopar action. read it and decide for yourself......

2010.JPG

They can bring all the old names back but so what ? Like the new 4 door charger -what does it have in comon with the old charger. Even the "hemi" motor is not the same hemi that was. These new cars are nice to drive but untill the air bags, anti lock brakes, plastic bumbers and all the smog stuff is gone I rather have a very nice 30 -40 year old Mopar. Oh I know all that crap is here for good, so its a newer car for everyday and long trips and the oldies for the fun drives.

I hate the stance, rims and rear. Hard to tell the front but it looks like it has potential from the side view of the front. It looks like a family sedan with a big wing. :cussing: The challenger is cool because the body symetrics give it the illusion of an original size muscle car. At least it's a 2 door? Getting tired of these so called "spy shots". Marketing scam @%#$# :wack:

7demon2 said:
this is pulled from the new issue of mopar action.......

To me, Mopar Action wastes too much valuable page space with bullshit like this. Between the smart-*** comments and STUPID photos they run it's a wonder they survive. The tech stuff happens to be pretty good, but whomever edits that rag (Eherenburg?) must suffer from some sort of personality disorder....

Too many times I cringe reading the text on feature cars. But I support them just because I'm in this game too deep to see something fail. But boy, I sure wish they would GROW UP!

That's just not right. I don't belive D/C would even think about making it. The Charger is not a Charger. THe Runble Bee
dosn't even rumble. Call the Charger what it really is a Reliant
SE. Bringing back the name won't help. You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Just my 2 cense worth.

i knew this would be a HOT topic! you know this is gotta be a testing of the waters here. if you look you can see the car is based on a 2002 300. just 2 door. i think they are trying to see gut reaction here. it needs alot of refining to me. if they approach it like the challenger with the real retro look. they might be able to pull it off. bottom line it needs to look as much as it possible can like the original superbird.

Looks like photo shop B S to me. Wouldn't and won't waste time even commenting on D/C ignorance anymore.

I agree all the way, but hey we elected a persident that has the same name as a fromer persident so I understand why some folks think we are dumb sometimes.

It's just doesn't seem right to take something that has true heritage and history and slap it on a POS !!!! The car is actually ugly as hell and to put a superbird wing on it? What where they thinking. That car should be mean looking....Take the Challenger for instance, They took the original lines and enhanced them and, upgraded the performance and handling. Something to be proud of. I think they are getting carried away with the muscle car look. That's just my 2 cents.

FWIW, I do think it's B.S. If you look at the small caption, How to change your oil? Funny huh?

that looks like ****, it looks like a porsche slantnose from the front a caddy deville from the rear side with 300c tail lights and a ps wing but looks nuttin like the old one

just a photoshop joke.....

I like the Chargers..very cool, especially SRT...guys on the Forums are making some real power with them, just too heavy, and too soft a trans to make good track times with them...great road car though.

I think they DO need to make a new T/A Challenger with the upcoming body style, and stuff that 392 crate motor in it :happy4:

Not really too sure what "I" think. Maybe more different views would help make up my mind. At first glance the rear kinda looks like an impala or something with a Superbird fin added. Ouch. Yes, for sure the fin is Superbird all the way. I would really like to see a "more" aggesive all the way MOPAR muscle look....with different wheels.

The back is just ugly as sin. I'm pretty sure the wing is photoshopped on there, it looks...disconnected...That's one of those cars that just can't be taken out of context, updating the super bird is an awful idea. It feels like that article came out of Star or World News Daily or something. It just looks like another lumbering sedan; it just happens to have a monstrous, decade-confused wing.

The idea has potential.....wait a min. I need to stop painting in closed rooms!! DC needs to pull there heads out of there tails, clean the crap out of there ears& eyes so they can look around and hear what WE want. If they want to make a Superbird GREAT!!, but it better based off a PLYMOUTH Road Runner.... look, run, and feel like the real deal.
What's this world coming to....forget it, I'm going to go paint something.

[QUOTE='68-340-S]The idea has potential.....wait a min. I need to stop painting in closed rooms!! DC needs to pull there heads out of there tails, clean the crap out of there ears& eyes so they can look around and hear what WE want. If they want to make a Superbird GREAT!!, but it better based off a PLYMOUTH Road Runner.... look, run, and feel like the real deal.
What's this world coming to....forget it, I'm going to go paint something.[/QUOTE]

I agree with your comments, and I would bet there's a few members "here" that could draw or come up with something that could rock a lot better... If this is a happening thing?? any Plymouth 40th...should be a total heart stopper. Hopefully they won't screw things up like the new Charger "four" door. :sad1: What was that all about. :shaking2: ... Hate to say it but (even Ford was smart enough and didn't turn the Mustang into a four door)

I am wit' you..........

If they leave it like it is in the pic, it'll be another laughing stock like the Charger.

A real "Bird" will be designed properly, in a wind tunnel, and have the features of the originals, including the nose and tail sections.........maybe altered a bit, but definitely the real thing in styling..........This picture is definitely NOT the "real thing" in a retro comeback.

I think Chrysler could learn a bit more from Ford....(can't believe I said that............and believe me, I only refer to the Mustang body revival).

-
Back