2014 Dart

-

38 Dodge

Reaction score
As some of you know I posted my Daughters car got flooded and we are about to settle with the insurance company and she wants to buy a 2014 Dart. I would like to hear from anyone who has one and give me an honest opinion of the car.

I love my 2013. This car has everything and more than I could have dreamed of. Consistent 36 mpg around town mpg, not to mention highway mileage. Solid build. Handles amazing. Has just enough power to get in trouble with. I have no regrets about it. Back up camera? Blue tooth? Hands free? 15k! Sign me up!

They sure have changed in price from 2013!

My Daughter has a 2013, and the car is used for work and she drives out of town twice a week. She is getting awesome mileage and now has 24,000 km or 16,000 miles. She said she has seen her average mileage go as high as 48 mpg. It Has all the goodies back up cam plus tooth, and she loves driving it. It's a 1.4 turbo with a manual trans.

Hopefully the car stays this good in years to come.

I'm just happy she wants to stay in the MOPAR family and we are limited on a price this car is to her to college and back

The problem with the Dart is it is as good as any import in it's class, it just doesn't raise the bar for that class.
This is why the NEON was a success, it raised the bar in several areas.
No complaints on fuel milage or reliability for the Dart.
The first model run was hi-optioned cars & quite pricey, which hurt sales.
You could buy a simular equipped Avenger (clearing them out) for the cost of the Dart.

The only real complaint I have heard is that it is low on power from a performance perspective.
Thats going to be taken care of (SRT).

I do look for this car to get better,as Dodge is re-alighning itself in the market.
Dodge has dropped the Mini-Van & the Avenger.
They are getting away from offering two of anything that competes for the same customer.

If you are looking for milage & relability, then go with the Dart.
Prices are better now to.

The new Dart is a great car for a girl. My wife wanted one when they first came out, but was pricey. She test drove some, they had good power (the 3 she drove) She really wanted one, but no rebates etc... She had to pass. Ended up with a used Impala for less than the Dart. Even now, she still wants one.

I, also have a friend that bought one last Nov, and he loves it. 40+ MPG consistantly and has not had any troubles. It is his commuter car, up/down the highway daily.

Kia Forte, starts at $15,000 and has a 10/100,000 warranty.
Ford Fiesta is a great car too, starts at $14,100.

Screw the mopar only thing. That's just silly when buying a commuter.

That's what we are going to trade for, a new Feista.

reliability? You must not have read the Edmonds report I posted above.

Just going buy what feedback I'm getting from my Brother-in-law.
He is a general manager at Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep-Ram dealer.

There seem to be just as many good reviews online on the Dart than bad.

Ok so hear is the deal I have been to just about every car lot in town looking and having my daughter test drive everything. We are down between the Honda Civic and the Dart. The fourte drives rough and the one we test drove when we started it sounding there was I oil in the block. The ford festiva my daughter just hated it period, same with the Toyota, Hyundai, and Nissan. Now I am comparing options and prices to figure out which one I will buy.
Thanks for all the inputs and now I know why I drive old cars I cannot stand dealing with dealerships and new car buying

Did you look at the Mazda 3? We have a 2010 and it is a great car. Fun to drive and it sees the garage for maintenance only.

Steve

Why do you have to buy a new one? Get a 10 year old civic or accord and let it roll. Girlfriends 93' accord has 325,000mi on the drive-train and works flawlessly, no oil burning either.

The dart is too expensive here...honda/mazda/toyota have much better priced cars..

Chrysler is dumping the '13s at 19.5K plus 15% tax..cheapest '14 is just about 21K plus tax to 28.5K plus 15%...

At those prices, an import sounds like it is a bigger bang for the buck...

You can't put a price on happiness but you can put a value on getting the whining and bitching to stop eh ! if they are that close in price why not let her pick what she wants and avoid being "the guy who made her get it " ? . I was just reading an article where the majority of recalls never get fixed , why ? because poor communication between the dealers , manufacturers and the buyer , dealers don't often make money off recall work while tying up a bay that could be making money so no real incentives for dealers to tell you about a recall , and lack of actual recall work helps keep the quality rating up . So you really never know what the true rating of a car is other than there are some obvious problem vehicles ie exploding Pintos and the old never buy a car built on a Monday or Friday still is probably true .

i have a 2013 limited (model with the 1.4 turbo.)

has great pickup, goes plenty fast, and i get amazing mileage. 34 to 36 depending on the day and where i buy gas. if i get it at the exxon near my house (truck stop) i get better mileage.

the limited comes with nav/ link your phone / plug in your ipod / 1 free year of XM which is awesome. heated seats, sunroof, etc etc.

very happy with the car. 10X better than the mazda 3 that i replaced for DD.

i would not buy the stripped down model, i'd get the turbo it gets better mileage than the bigger cc non turbo engines.

You should consider looking at Scion's. The Tc is a great car and I believe its about the same price as the Dart. Since its a Toyota it should hold its value a bit better than the Dodge. My last everyday driver was a 05 Tc. That car never had a problem and I drove the crap out of it. It took about 3 feet of water during Sandy and started right up. The only reason I got rid of it was because it smelled like the Hackensack river after the flood.

-
Back