Hellcat lifters
Both heads gasket
Oil pump
Car front cover
Mds plug kit
Payed 800 for the whole lot
Man those 6.4 heads are impressive
I intend using it in my race car
Going to swap the reluctor for a 4 bolt 6.1 wheel so I can use the msd hemi 6 controller
Replace the pistons for a dome type (13.5 ish )
And buy some good rods

Sounds to me like you stole it for that price. What do you plan on putting it in? Also sounds like you have everything engine wise figured out.

if it is bge stuff they are hellcat stuff. only differemce in the heads is cast valves instead of stainless valves.
much better castings than the apachies. though this fesls like a facebook post a day ago or so...

Yup that’s me from Facebook
More then likely it will be going in my dart

8D4AE575-4FEE-4FC1-B40A-BCF42DF5DC27.jpeg

Yup that’s me from Facebook
More then likely it will be going in my dart

View attachment 1715266423
Just so we are clear don’t want people to think I’m trying to lie
The engine came from a 2014 truck
The engine is black and a 6.4 but there is no bge stamped on the block so I really don’t know
If it’s a bge or a car block
It’s really a little confusing but either way
I’m still going to use the engine in the same manner

I reread the Facebook post and someone mentioned that there where two different
6.4 in the trucks
I then searched the web (allpar) and found there where two different 6.4 hp ratings for the truck application one was a standard
And the other was an HD
So I guess that’s a explains it
I’m curious about the heads now hopefully mine are the better material

I reread the Facebook post and someone mentioned that there where two different
6.4 in the trucks
I then searched the web (allpar) and found there where two different 6.4 hp ratings for the truck application one was a standard
And the other was an HD
So I guess that’s a explains it
I’m curious about the heads now hopefully mine are the better material

I forget where the BGE is cast into the block, but I have a Hellcat block that has BGE cast into it. I'll look and get back to you. I never heard of two different 6.4s for the trucks. I'll let you research that more. If not the BGE block, it would pretty much have to be a 6.4 SRT block (in black finish). As for the heads, if you turn them upside down, you can see a very specific cross hatch cast in, stiffening the area around the intake ports, among other things, but that's the most obvious to me.

I forget where the BGE is cast into the block, but I have a Hellcat block that has BGE cast into it. I'll look and get back to you. I never heard of two different 6.4s for the trucks. I'll let you research that more. If not the BGE block, it would pretty much have to be a 6.4 SRT block (in black finish). As for the heads, if you turn them upside down, you can see a very specific cross hatch cast in, stiffening the area around the intake ports, among other things, but that's the most obvious to me.

I’ll take a look at the heads
And post a picture of them after work Thursday
But here’s the block and this is where the bge
Is normally stamped according to pictures I find on the web

758FB87A-5DC7-4C59-9E77-22FA4525BE65.jpeg

2D3D1F69-0E2D-46D6-A414-6837BF17CEA0.jpeg

yes thwre are 2 different 6.4s in the trucks. this is why the bge was considered the 1 to get over the other 6.4 block. you may want to check the head casting numbers to verify if they are bge castings. phyically the bge heads are a lighter color shade almost a polished looking aluminim vs the other darker dull shade of casting color. quick visual difference if you have any other g3 head laying around to compare.
the bge heads are cast with the same type of aluminum as an aftermarket head. all others are of an inferior cast aluminum. that is another reason for the bge favor over the rest.
the HD 6.4 was the bge thats wht the HD was designated. it was doen in power but much more reliable design.

yes thwre are 2 different 6.4s in the trucks. this is why the bge was considered the 1 to get over the other 6.4 block. you may want to check the head casting numbers to verify if they are bge castings. phyically the bge heads are a lighter color shade almost a polished looking aluminim vs the other darker dull shade of casting color. quick visual difference if you have any other g3 head laying around to compare.
the bge heads are cast with the same type of aluminum as an aftermarket head. all others are of an inferior cast aluminum. that is another reason for the bge favor over the rest.
the HD 6.4 was the bge thats wht the HD was designated. it was doen in power but much more reliable design.
I found this picture on the web
I’ll look this evening the head is already off
Just never knew what to look for
If I had to guess it will probably be just like the srt Apache head
But we will know for sure tonight!!!

BAAD1933-32A6-4282-ACC1-7A630086204F.png

So, that's looking the same as an SRT 6.4 Would be Apache heads. Probably "de-tuned" so to speak, with different cam, valves and springs. GOOD starting point though.

yep the right one is what the bge looks like. same casting as the hellcat just different intake manifold bolt pattern. notice the left head is a darker shade of aluminum as well.

I found this picture on the web
I’ll look this evening the head is already off
Just never knew what to look for
If I had to guess it will probably be just like the srt Apache head
But we will know for sure tonight!!!

View attachment 1715266792

Ok this is the head off of a 6.4 truck engine that I bought and it is not stamp bge
Evidently dodge still put the better Apache heads on the none HD 6.4 truck engine
Ha pretty cool I guess
Just sharing what I found

AB727A0C-99CB-4FF1-9FC9-43C78677BBDE.jpeg

Ok this is the head off of a 6.4 truck engine that I bought and it is not stamp bge
Evidently dodge still put the better Apache heads on the none HD 6.4 truck engine
Ha pretty cool I guess

View attachment 1715267216
Those are cool heads. Those are the BGE / Hellcat castings, with intake pattern drilled like a regular Gen3 head, instead of for the Hellcat blower. Throw a Whipple on it! :)

It's all junk, just send it my way and be done with it!:lol:Very good starting point for an awesome build!

This is some great Info! Thanks for sharing!

It's all junk, just send it my way and be done with it!:lol:Very good starting point for an awesome build!
I really don’t intend on breaking the bank
With this
I’m thinking decent rods and a little compression maybe 12.5 or so
And a like minded cam
And put it together
I have found over the years that a bunch of money spent doesn’t equal fun
The srt headers and block would have been more then enough to handle what I plan on doing

that is a BGE head not an apachie head. the extra support between pushrod location is indicators of a bge head. apachies did not have them supports there. great score as the bge flow 10cfm better across the oard over the apachies and of a much stronger material and thicker deck surface for boost hg sealing improvements. block maybe the first run before they stamped/casting bge's in the blocks as well.

Ha pretty cool I guess

View attachment 1715267216

Last edited:
that is a BGE head not an apachie head. the extra support between pushrod location is indicators of a bge head. apachies did not have them supports there. great score as the bge flow 10cfm better across the oard over the apachies and of a much stronger material and thicker deck surface for boost hg sealing improvements. block maybe the first run before they stamped/casting bge's in the blocks as well.
My first post on here. I’m building a 6.4L Hemi from a truck. Seems I got the good heads and block. Already got the heads CNC ported, with larger Valves and different valve springs. This engine will be going in my 1973 Cuda. There is way more information on abodies than ebodies for third gen swaps. I was wondering if the front cover assembly from a truck works better than the stuff from a car. I will find out eventually, but if I’m not mistaken, these heads after the valves and porting flow in the neighborhood of 440 cfm. I will find out for sure.

27DD82EB-E446-4F8E-B3AF-BBDFAECD4B3B.jpeg

92141737-E0E8-432A-84F4-2918505D1FD5.jpeg

16F29AB2-A352-4128-8177-01A1AB71E586.jpeg

if it is bge stuff they are hellcat stuff. only differemce in the heads is cast valves instead of stainless valves.
much better castings than the apachies. though this fesls like a facebook post a day ago or so...
CAST valves? Uhhh...do you want to go back and edit that for accuracy?

CAST valves? Uhhh...do you want to go back and edit that for accuracy?

the BGE are not a great valve. was told sodium filled intake and cast exhaust. either way they are heavy as **** vs the apachie intakes and my inconnel exhaust valves i replaced them with pic below of new valves. ill take a pic of the stock bge valves that came out and post em tomorrow

20180410_192032.jpg

-
Back