2015 Barracuda concept -vs- the very first 1969 M-Code 'Cuda?

-

Mr.Norm'sGSS

Find What Drives You.
Reaction score
'70-'71 Cuda, looking to grow the SRT brand from the most famous Dodge & Plymouth Muscle Cars ever produced. This is a shot for shot comparison of the Car and Driver artist's r...endering and the very first 440 Barracuda to bear the 'Cuda name plate. Other makers are shying away from retro design in the upcoming all new Camaro and Mustang. The SRT Barracuda will be smaller than Challenger, but still bigger than the two slimmed down ponies being released by Ford and Chevy. The question is, does the design and more so, the idea of an "SRT Barracuda" work?

1231578_10151824547644098_123038564_n.jpg

Nope, looks like someone put some cheesy tail lights on a hacked late model Camaro, IMO:wack:

All sources are saying now that the barracuda name plate will not be revived now, the Dodge Avenger will carry its nameplate over to the newley sourced body platform and will loose all characteristics it had shared with the Chrysler 200

All sources are saying now that the barracuda name plate will not be revived now, the Dodge Avenger will carry its nameplate over to the newley sourced body platform and will loose all characteristics it had shared with the Chrysler 200

It looks like the Barracuda name will be dropped, but the styling cues and rear wheel drive will grace the Avenger on a Dodge nameplate and a limited edition SRT will have a 6.2L. So, does that mean the Challenger is sunset in 2014?

Here is a shot of the front:

539750_10151824547664098_103942852_n.jpg

Did the magazine ever publish the article on the 68 SS hemi car we built for you/Joey? Pic is from SEMA 2010 or 11 if I remember right...

Attachments

• mr norm dart 009.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 434
Did the magazine ever publish the article on the 68 SS hemi car we built for you/Joey? Pic is from SEMA 2010 or 11 if I remember right...

I do not know if it ever saw the light of day. Sweet car though!

I am reading different stories on the Avenger/Barracuda name thing. If they do go with Avenger for Dodge, they can certainly put a SRT 'Cuda package on an performance model.

I've hoping for a twin turbo V6 with AWD. The SRT can still be a V8 with rear wheel drive

So, does that mean the Challenger is sunset in 2014?
539750_10151824547664098_103942852_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

No, not at all the Challenger is gonna get a mild facelift for 2015. The grill and tail lites will change. You should be able to buy it in spring! It will also be available with the Hellcat Hemi. So save your pennies.

One's a POS concept that doesn't even exist. The other a real car. There IS no comparison.

That concept is just sad.....Guess i'm just to old for this stuff! Time to hit the rocking chair and take a nap...[-(

Looks like a Pontiac. Slap some Trans Am emblems on it and I think it would be a decent looking car.

.....But, it makes an ugly Cuda.

That's a concept by a guy that thinks this is what the car will look like. If you follow predictions, some are wildly wrong, while others kinda get it right. Seeing how Fiat doesn't even know what they are building yet, I highly doubt this is the final product. There's always a chance, but if you look at the platform sharing going on, I just don't see it happening.

Why can't they just leave the classic car names alone?

Charger is now a 4 door it's not a "Charger".
Dart is now ricer competition. It's not a "Dart".
Challenger is ok, but they should have chosen a new name for it, IMO.

btw, same goes for the Camaro.

The present Mustang is the only one of the bunch that deserves to keeps it's classic name as it have never been out of production.

All they are doing is using our emotional attachment to these names to market their vehicles.

Do you think the Challenger would sell as well as it does if they called it something else? It's one of the best modern muscle cars on the road, right now.
The called the Wagon a Magnum. That was another bastardization of a classic name, but note the following the Charger had. The new Charger should have been called the "Magnum Sedan" since that's precisely what it is.
N offense meant to anyone owning one of these cars, and I love the new Chargers and Challengers, and even the Magnum.
I just wish the people at Chrysler wold leave the classic car names alone.

Just my 2¢

-
Back