2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat: The End is Near…

-
I thought the gt500 was a tank too? Like 3900 Lb? Could be mistaken or they put it on a diet?

Let the battle of the tanks began!
300 lbs. is three tenths, which is about 3 car lengths , give or take a few feet depending on what speed your traveling:banghead:

maxresdefault.jpg

When you say the "end is near" do you me production being stopped due to
bad sales.. ??

Not too bad I do like the name hellcat reminds me of an apache fighter to each their own

good call... listen to that rumble- sound familiar???

Hellcat F6F Fighter in B5 Blue:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBsg3WZeheY"]Grumman F6F Hellcat Fighters! - YouTube[/ame]

603 HP ????? isn't the mustang 660 HP????

Most of the 2013-14 GT500s are more putting out more HP than the factory 662 number, according to the numbers posted at www.svtperformance.com.

3820 lbs. is the average weight of the GT500s with the Perf.pkg.

Some say that the Hellcat will weigh more than 4400 lbs. due the extra weight of the wheel package and the engine with supercharger, but who knows right now?

I think the key sr. Mopar brass statement made at the Hellcat announcement: The Hellcat is a GT car - not a stripped down lightweight drag race car.

The Hellcat equipped with the 8 speed automatic should be very quick off the line if it gets traction; 0-60 MPH numbers may be very good - in the upper 3 range. Also the ratios of the 8 speed are such that the Hellcat may be really good through the 1/4 mile, but it may be less of a canyon cornering carver, and more of a luxo - road trip cruiser with excellent 1/4 mile blasts thrown in.

In the end it won't matter, and I will tell you why. Who owns a late model challenger????? We have so many people giving love to the 'stangs (and they are nice) while smashing the Challengers. However, in a thread I started seeking owners 1/4 mile times of when they brought their chally's to the strip, NO RESULTS. Lots of response, and mustang talk, but no results. I have come to the conclusion that this car was despised without ever giving it a chance. It's like when John Elway retired from the Denver Broncos, the bronco fans were waiting for the next Elway. Here is the truth, there will be no more Elways. So the pressure is on every QB after him. The Challenger was close, but not EXACTLY the 1970 chally. I mean, the grills will not interchange, the fenders, ya know...... So it will be despised from many because it was not a clone. This Hellcat will be hated before its even tested, and you are seeing it right now...

The current gen. Challenger is a much larger car than the pony cars (Mustang, and to a lesser extent, Camaro). The Hellcat Challenger - as stated by sr. Mopar brass when they introduced the Hellcat the other day - is a true GT Touring car, not a pony car.

Therefore, the Hellcat has not real competition - the Hellcat was never envisioned as a lightweight cornering tossable car - it was always envisioned as a great road-trip / cruiser with possible very quick 0-60 MPH blasts and very good quarter mile times thrown in for good measure.

In that sense the Hellcat meets all of it's objectives - as both a GT tourer and a very quick off-the-line machine particularly when equipped with the 8 speed automatic.

It offers more room, and comfort, than any typical pony car.

I think that this is what Mopar set out to do with this car.

The next gen. Challenger like car may likely be smaller, lighter and less powerful to meet pending EPA and CAFE fuel economy stds. More Alfa Romeo based chassis, etc.

This is the last shot by Mopar at building the best GT class car it could with this gen. Challenger chassis and drivetrain.

In the end it won't matter, and I will tell you why. Who owns a late model challenger????? We have so many people giving love to the 'stangs (and they are nice) while smashing the Challengers. However, in a thread I started seeking owners 1/4 mile times of when they brought their chally's to the strip, NO RESULTS. Lots of response, and mustang talk, but no results. I have come to the conclusion that this car was despised without ever giving it a chance. It's like when John Elway retired from the Denver Broncos, the bronco fans were waiting for the next Elway. Here is the truth, there will be no more Elways. So the pressure is on every QB after him. The Challenger was close, but not EXACTLY the 1970 chally. I mean, the grills will not interchange, the fenders, ya know...... So it will be despised from many because it was not a clone. This Hellcat will be hated before its even tested, and you are seeing it right now...

I don't own a challenger but I posted a link to another forum giving you owners answers. I love mopar and want them to produce a competitive car more then anything.

So this car isn't meant to compete with the other American car companies? Chrysler is actually marketing this as a touring car? Can someone please explain to be why the charger can't be a touring car?

I don't think I am alone when I say that I don't care what they call it. The only thing I want is to see a dodge out perform the other two and one that doesn't cost 50,000 plus to do it.

So this car isn't meant to compete with the other American car companies? Chrysler is actually marketing this as a touring car? Can someone please explain to be why the charger can't be a touring car?

I don't think I am alone when I say that I don't care what they call it. The only thing I want is to see a dodge out perform the other two and one that doesn't cost 50,000 plus to do it.

I wish they would offer the 1320 Challenger... It's simply a street legal version of the Drag Pack. If I remember correctly the 1320 weighs in around 3,200 - 3,400 pounds.

Attachments

• dodge-challenger-1320-front-three-quarter.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 229
I would like for them just to start competing or find another performance avenue. Like a hot dart or maybe a raptor like truck.

There is no reason that they can't out perform the competitors.

i don't think i am alone when i say that i don't care what they call it. The only thing i want is to see a dodge out perform the other two and one that doesn't cost 50,000 plus to do it.

Yep.

I wish they would offer the 1320 Challenger... It's simply a street legal version of the Drag Pack. If I remember correctly the 1320 weighs in around 3,200 - 3,400 pounds.

Buy one, gut it, slap a '420' sticker on the side and your good!

I think the key sr. Mopar brass statement made at the Hellcat announcement: The Hellcat is a GT car - not a stripped down lightweight drag race car.

GT500 is hardly a stripped down track car either. Comfortable *** leather recaro seats, heated, tv in the dash, etc. And they don't run too bad either. I went 11.4 @ 126 bone stock with 56 miles on mine. The only thing I see the Hellcat having a chance with is the 8 speed auto. That could be all the difference it needs.

-
Back