2018/2019 Rams

-

gliderider06

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Kinda curious... has the 2018 rams ceased production? I am thinking of trading my 17 ram in for one with a larger cab. Quad cab is just not big enough with the carseat in the back. Whan i got the 17 it was a leftover, year end sale and got REALLY good discounts on it. Are the 18s going to be that way soon, or do i need to wait until December again?
Thanks Paul

2019 are now on the lots. I have been debating myself as I am not totally sold on the 2019 look. Looks like a ford and Chevy sandwich.

I just picked my 2017 Ram up a month ago. It was a dealer "demo" with only 46 kms. No zeros after the 46...literally only 46. Downfall with that is it is considered a "used" vehicle so interest rates are higher. It was a screaming deal (I think) and got the crew cab too as I didn't want grandbabies kicking the hell outta the seats...loads of room. 5'7" box tho...
19 s are on lots here, so 18 demos might be available soon??
Kinda curious... has the 2018 rams ceased production? I am thinking of trading my 17 ram in for one with a larger cab. Quad cab is just not big enough with the carseat in the back. Whan i got the 17 it was a leftover, year end sale and got REALLY good discounts on it. Are the 18s going to be that way soon, or do i need to wait until December again?
Thanks Paul

With the new additions to the defense in free agency, and the top offense last year, I think the 18-19 Rams are going straight to the Super bowl. :)

Anytime a vehicle is of “2” numeric years old on a dealers lot that they purchased brand new to sell and is hanging around is taking up valuable space for new vehicles to be sold. That vehicle will be discounted in order to move it out promptly. The discount will be even deeper when there is a change in the vehicles look.

Downfall with that is it is considered a "used" vehicle so interest rates are higher.
Not sure how it works in Canada, but in the US a "demo" is still considered a new car as long as it hasn't been titled. With 46Km on the there's no way that could have been a demo. That's more like a test drive or two. Where Chrysler is concerned, 46km is the start point of your warranty. I think I'd ask some questions.

Do they do things different in Canada? A dealer demo is not a used car in the states especially at that low of mileage. We can put up to 3000 miles on it before it is deemed used. The only way it would be considered used is if it had been titled before.

"..and look, its already got 2800 miles on it, the bed has scratches in it and a stain in the back seat, and your selling it as new?" Yup. We cant depreciate it until YOU drive it off the lot...
:rofl:

My 1st "new" vehicle so not 100% certain BUT from what I was told (by several dealers) that at some point Ma Mopar gives them a time limit (on "older" models) to either sell them or buy them. So the dealership registers them in their name. They are now a "used" vehicle.
I checked another 2017 demo out at a different dealer and it had 10 kms (again no zeros). Didn't buy it due to color.
IMO I saved 15k or more off purchase price.
Not sure how it works in Canada, but in the US a "demo" is still considered a new car as long as it hasn't been titled. With 46Km on the there's no way that could have been a demo. That's more like a test drive or two. Where Chrysler is concerned, 46km is the start point of your warranty. I think I'd ask some questions.

Do they do things different in Canada? A dealer demo is not a used car in the states especially at that low of mileage. We can put up to 3000 miles on it before it is deemed used. The only way it would be considered used is if it had been titled before.

Wow that's different. In the states the dealers don't own the vehicles. The bank owns them the dealer just pays tax on their inventory on the lot. We have no set time limit from Chrysler to sell a car. Actually a title isn't even generated for a vehicle until it is sold. I remember when Chrysler was going through one of their "hard" times we had 3 year old cars still on the lot that had never been sold! We lost money on those for sure!! We now have 2019 models on the lot as well as some new 2017's and it looks like that SOS all over again. I'm kinda glad I'm almost out.

Also if the dealership was forced to buy them their name would be the first name on the title then yours would be next. There may be some slight variations from state to state but that is the federal law here. Now Ma Mopar can stop sending them new cars until they sell off their older stock. But why would they? Hell we dealer trade cars all the time.

Last edited:
Dealer trades up here too but not on demos or used vehicles...tried to buy locally that way, sales manager here was a dick. All they do is lie until they get your signature.
Travelled 3 hours saved myself $6k and local dealership lost all my business.

My 1st "new" vehicle so not 100% certain BUT from what I was told (by several dealers) that at some point Ma Mopar gives them a time limit (on "older" models) to either sell them or buy them. So the dealership registers them in their name. They are now a "used" vehicle.
I checked another 2017 demo out at a different dealer and it had 10 kms (again no zeros). Didn't buy it due to color.
IMO I saved 15k or more off purchase price.
I don't know the details of your situation, but there's no deadline to sell.
We had 15 Neon's on the lot several years back, with no air. We were selling those turds for 3 or 4 years. Everyone as a new car. The last two, we had to call Chrysler about the warranty's. They were out on time. It seems we always have something that's had a birthday every new model year.
Things might be different in Canada though. Sell or buy won't fly in the U.S.
I'm glad your happy and you saved some money.

I'm going to show my age but I remember we had Horizons and 4 door GTS's 2.2 turbos without A/C. Remember them? Had an idiot order them that way. We couldn't give them away! We had them for at least 3 years. They payed us 16.5 hours to add A/C to them. What a hack job that was. The "KIT" from Mopar was a joke for sure. LOL

Last edited:
I'm going to show my age but I remember we had Horizons and 4 door GTS's 2.2 turbos without A/C. Remember them? Had an idiot order them that way. We couldn't give them away! We had them for at least 3 years. They payed us 16.5 hours to add A/C to them. What a hack job that was. The "KIT" from Mopar was a joke for sure. LOL

I remember the mopar retro A/C install kits. Came in a big assed box. Did quite a few of em to horizons back in the 80s. Never retro fitted A/C to a lebaron GTS though. I did like the GTS turbo 5 speeds though.

Thanks, I will watch the discounts on the 18s. Right now they are close to $6,000 where the 19s are only 1,000. I'm not completely sold on the 19s either. Really dont like the wheels. The low profile tires look crappy IMO. I don't have to hurry and get a new one, just we are a little cramped once I turned our baby's car seat to forward facing.
Thanks

-
Back