• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
According to my chart that would be around a 16 second quarter mile. That doesn't seem to far off?

I looked up 2003 Mercury Mountaineer 4.6. Not sure what year yours is... 16.4 in the 1/4. Not bad... :)

2005 AWD 4.6 ran 16.7 as tested
I looked up 2003 Mercury Mountaineer 4.6. Not sure what year yours is... 16.4 in the 1/4. Not bad... :)

Mine is a 2004.
No way that car with no wheels on it ran a 10.1.
Hahahah that made me lol
Not the dart the mercury behind it. Lol

That is pretty close then . Because I made three passes and got a 10.1 a 10.8 and a 11 according to my chart a 16.7 would be a 10.75 1/8 so I'm right on track of that. But there is no way I'm a good enough driver to get testing type times?? Mayne my straight away is angled downhill Haha maybe that's why it was slow one way and faster that other.

That is pretty close then . Because I made three passes and got a 10.1 a 10.8 and a 11 according to my chart a 16.7 would be a 10.75 1/8 so I'm right on track of that. But there is no way I'm a good enough driver to get testing type times?? Mayne my straight away is angled downhill Haha maybe that's why it was slow one way and faster that other.
What's the app called ???

So ever since the other day I have been dying to try it in my truck just to see. So same stretch of road in my 01 dodge 1500 5.2 5 speed I got a 10.7 at 63mph in the 1/8 the road was wet from a evening thunderstorm i so I spun on take off and when I caught second gear. I feel I could do better with some practice but it was fun. One last hurrah in my old trusty dodge I'm taking her off the road on June the 1st. :(

Oh yea forgot my "slip" Haha

Screenshot_20190529-203442_Drag Racer.jpg

Got to come here for the comedy, every few days.

I got a high school buddy that will tree anybody, he runs an old olds cutless, his high school car.
His daughters both run JR dragsters.

They were on the cover of dragzine magazine a month or so ago.
He said the engine blocks for the for the JR dragsters were 5K each, and he only mixes the nitro him self for his girls to run, and the nitro mix gets checked after each run by a track official.

He also said he had to ditch the AC in the cutless when he went to a big cube chevy in it.
Complete nut case but he is fully dedicated to drag racing, and makes the cash to back it up.

We lined up in high school one night at the local track, bet a concession stand hot dog to to the winner.

He treed me bad, but after when he was buying me a hotdog, he said all I heard was that mopar coming fast, at 1/4 track.

Got to come here for the comedy, every few days.

I got a high school buddy that will tree anybody, he runs an old olds cutless, his high school car.
His daughters both run JR dragsters.

They were on the cover of dragzine magazine a month or so ago.
He said the engine blocks for the for the JR dragsters were 5K each, and he only mixes the nitro him self for his girls to run, and the nitro mix gets checked after each run by a track official.

He also said he had to ditch the AC in the cutless when he went to a big cube chevy in it.
Complete nut case but he is fully dedicated to drag racing, and makes the cash to back it up.

We lined up in high school one night at the local track, bet a concession stand hot dog to to the winner.

He treed me bad, but after when he was buying me a hotdog, he said all I heard was that mopar coming fast, at 1/4 track.

Back in 1975 there was a guy with a 67? olds 442 with a 454 in it, in el paso tx. It was about the fastest
thing on the street at the time. It and a 427 powered Austin-Healey.

Weekly report.
Managed to mow the back yard finally. It was 15 inches tall. I had to pull the mower out of the mud with the 4x4 durango 8 times. It got stuck going up hill, going down hill and on flat ground. That was yesterday. Then it rained agin last night and today i have water standing in my yard. Glad i got it done when i did.

Today pulled the 2 wheel durango out of the side yard, over to the driveway using the 4x4 durango with the wife as operator. What's a few more ruts in the yard going to hurt right? Ants made a home in the passenger rear door of it. When it rains it pours.

3 days ago tornados south of us yesterday tornados north of us. I like it that way as in away from us.

Weekly report.
Managed to mow the back yard finally. It was 15 inches tall. I had to pull the mower out of the mud with the 4x4 durango 8 times. It got stuck going up hill, going down hill and on flat ground. That was yesterday. Then it rained agin last night and today i have water standing in my yard. Glad i got it done when i did.

Today pulled the 2 wheel durango out of the side yard, over to the driveway using the 4x4 durango with the wife as operator. What's a few more ruts in the yard going to hurt right? Ants made a home in the passenger rear door of it. When it rains it pours.

3 days ago tornados south of us yesterday tornados north of us. I like it that way as in away from us.
We had an extremely wet winter and spring. But for the last month or so it hasn't been to bad it actually started getting dry here. I have done really good at keeping up with my yard this year I usually let it get out of hand and then I have to mow it 3 or 4 times to make it look decent Haha. But this year I have stayed on top of it I have been mowing it every 5-8 days.
Those tornadoes scare the crap out of me I'm glad we dont get them often here. In my lifetime I only know of 2 that has ever touched down within a 100 mile radius of my. One was about 10 miles from me it wasnt a big one but it tore up alot of stuff. The other one was about 60 miles away and it was bad i drove by there afterwards just to see and it looked like a nuke when off! We live in the mountains there were no trees left as far as you could see. Every sign every house every store, car truck, etc was just gone and twisted and obliterated! That was about 8 years ago (they both was the same year about 2 weeks apart April 2011) ever since then I gave been scared to death of them.

got a call from the machine shop. Rear end should be done tomorrow. He is eliminating the axle adjuster with a MP bearing ?? I haven't done this route before. Thoughts?

Green bearings??
not for sure, he didn't say. I know you need .008-.012 end play, and I asked about that and he said "yep". We'll see. In the beginning, he was a Mopar guy. He came through my town when we were teenagers, saw my Demon and stopped at the house and asked if I wanted to race... LOL.
  • I told him the other bearing looked like a new Timken, so I told him to leave that one on the axle. Save a little $$

not for sure, he didn't say. I know you need .008-.012 end play, and I asked about that and he said "yep". We'll see. In the beginning, he was a Mopar guy. He came through my town when we were teenagers, saw my Demon and stopped at the house and asked if I wanted to race... LOL.
  • I told him the other bearing looked like a new Timken, so I told him to leave that one on the axle. Save a little $$

If the adjuster is gone the only way to set side clearance is to grind off the end of the axle.
I don't think I would run two types of bearings. That's just me an I'm old.

If the adjuster is gone the only way to set side clearance is to grind off the end of the axle.
he said he had trouble getting the exact bearing. He said the MP looked like the best choice. I'll know more when I pick it up.

Grind off the end of the axle on a bench grinder a few thousands? ? ?

that 360 will soon be backed by 2.94's instead of 2.45's... LOL It was going to be 3.23's, but 2.94's it is!!

Wonder how much E.T. difference there is between 4.88's and 2.94's..??:realcrazy::realcrazy:

Don't you have 2 differant gear sets for a 8 3/4?

Have the guy put on matching bearing. That way you won't have any problems changing pumpkins.

Don't you have 2 differant gear sets for a 8 3/4?

Have the guy put on matching bearing. That way you won't have any problems changing pumpkins.
I have a 2.94's that was in the one i got from you, and the one i took on trade a few years back was supposed to have 3.23's but actually had 2.76's

-
Back