• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Merry Christmas, I hope you can get it figured out. Always has to be something to go wrong, but you'll get it.

First thought is your motor mounts are on the engine wrong? Those are the headers that were on there before, right? Has to be the mounts.

I had the engine in place. Then had to raise it up to get the passinger side header in.
In doing so the engine slide forward. Got it back to within a 1/2 inch on the driverside.
I'll look it over in the sun light and see what the night was hiding. lol

Merry Christmas.

The Race Continues.

Last edited:
I had the engine in place. Then had to raise it up to get the passinger side header in.
In doing so the engine slide forward. Got it back to within a 1/2 inch on the driverside.

Merry Christmas.

Race Continues?

The race continues....

Merry Christmas.

Race Continues?
It will get a little better after some eggnog.
Merry Christmas to you and everyone

Well guess what? Santa gave me all day Star Gate on the syfy channel. Not much getting done today on the dead vehicles around here untill it's over. lol

Merry Christmas

The race continues.

Is it over?
in a couple of days, it will be 2020 and the 2019 race between 318WR vs Jabs will be officially over. I win by default. Jabs owes me some sort of trophy???? lol But, 2020 may be the year of races, many of them.

Ho ho ho that was funny. SG-1 was on till 1 am in the morning. I'm addicted to it just like love.

Merry Christmas and Beyond

The race continues.
You better leave the TV and get a daily driver fixed...… you're in a bad spot!!!!! Merry Merry Merry Christmas

Spent the afternoon testing differant things on the ford. I think there are 3 or 4 things that happened about the same time.

One is the windshield wiper moving across the windshield when I turn the key on. I believe this is being caused by the multifunction switch on the steering column.

2 it would appear that the new starter that I put on the truck back in March has gone bad. And when I say bad I have tried hooking power directly to the motor, it does not turn. And I have tried hooking power to the solenoid direct from the battery and it still won't turn. Thankfully it's under warranty.

Number three and possibly number four is the g e m or a door switch. I'm thinking the g e m that is mounted on top of the fuse box under the dash maybe bad.

The door locks have not work correctly ever since I had the driver's door replaced after smashing it into a fence.

I'm using the Dodge Ram 1500 just keeping an eye on the drip from the radiator. I possibly have another radiator headed my way from the south. We will see.

Meanwhile the race continues

Merry Christmas

could you leave the radiator cap on loose or get a lower pressure cap?
the only race that continues here is who gets in the bathroom first...I've got my Car Craft mag waiting...

could you leave the radiator cap on loose or get a lower pressure cap?
the only race that continues here is who gets in the bathroom first...I've got my Car Craft mag waiting...

Ah yes the famous book. Race to the Outhouse, by Willy Maykit, illustrated by Betty Dont.

Yes tried the cap switching.

Merry Christmas and Beyond

The race continues

Last edited:
in a couple of days, it will be 2020 and the 2019 race between 318WR vs Jabs will be officially over. I win by default. Jabs owes me some sort of trophy???? lol But, 2020 may be the year of races, many of them.
I re-entered the race won and got back out... Everybody knows that...

I re-entered the race won and got back out... Everybody knows that...
Sorry, you dropped out page 7. It wasn't open for "whosever-will-post-a-ET slip-and win" :) Title says Jabs vs 318WR. I win, by default :) Cheers for 318WR! Cheers for 318WR! :D :D

Everybody knows my a body Mopar had a quicker timeslip than yours this last year...
But it looks like you bought many parts to try and remedy that this next year... We shall see...
You had the first 7 pages to compare... after that, your car was aborted! LOL. I mean, what, 70aarcuda post a 10.30 slip in this thread and says "I win" ! Till Pittsburgh racer post a 9.80 ET and says "no, I do".... LOL. They were no more a part of this race than you after page 7. Sorry, next time don't grab your toys and go home. :)

Sorry, you dropped out page 7. It wasn't open for "whosever-will-post-a-ET slip-and win" :) Title says Jabs vs 318WR. I win, by default :) Cheers for 318WR! Cheers for 318WR! :D :D
Cough cough, I think you wrote this? Who's got this race?...
Screenshot_20191226-214319.png

You had the first 7 pages to compare... after that, your car was aborted! LOL. I mean, what, 70aarcuda post a 10.30 slip in this thread and says "I win" ! Till Pittsburgh racer post a 9.80 ET and says "no, I do".... LOL. They were no more a part of this race than you after page 7. Sorry, next time don't grab your toys and go home. :)
grab your toys and go home that's rich! You're not supposed to be back on this forum till next Wednesday!...

grab your toys and go home that's rich! You're not supposed to be back on this forum till next Wednesday!...
personal reason, nothing to do with the site. Things worked out, and some things we got behind us.

-
Back