• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
I've enjoyed this forum alot, seems like I'm always surfing on one thread or another. Glad to hear that 2 guys can actually get along and have fun while doing it !!! Looking forward to watching some videos this spring/summer !
You know your welcome to come race with us too.
I have too tell you tho I don't bet ($) on anything. I just try to go as fast as I can every time. Unless bracket racing of course.

You know your welcome to come race with us too.
I have too tell you tho I don't bet ($) on anything. I just try to go as fast as I can every time. Unless bracket racing of course.
I appreciate the offer, but my 74 beaker is along ways off from hitting the road. Bought when I was 16, blew up the 318, put in a 340(pro built) at 17. Had too much fun with it till 25. Took it off the road to do" it up right". Got married, kids, house, daughter now in university blahs,blah.(same as everyone else). Son turned 16, got my 340 to fire up and he got hooked !!! Yay! He ends up buying my brothers 70 dart (that sat for 12 years in a garage)and we've been having alot of fun ever since working on it together with his buddies dropping by and getting hooked as well . Maybe one day I'll get to the track...thanks for the offer.

Package.....

DSCN1698.JPG

Kind of like your "Roll Cage" ….?????? LOL :D
:rofl::rofl:
hey now you're laughing at me! I don't do that to you! I've got a time slip or two that says I had to have it LOL just couldn't pursue that expensive route and I enjoy the car much more with my wife in it.

all I needed was a few thousand dollars more with the suspension and clutching and I wouldn't have too much problem keeping the cage as a necessity. I think more about the experience I got welding it in using it and cutting it back out. Now mind you all my fish plates are still in place underneath the carpet so if I have to call Summit and have them send me another eight point the job is already half done...

hey now you're laughing at me! I don't do that to you! I've got a time slip or two that says I had to have it LOL just couldn't pursue that expensive route and I enjoy the car much more with my wife in it.
SIMPLE BREAK DOWN:
  • Jaws, I've been laughing at you...… AND I admit it!!! :eek:
  • You spent enough money, that wasn't the problem … Need I go on??? :poke:
  • Just so you know, any drag radial, DOT or Not, requires drive shaft loop.
  • You'll enjoy the car even more with your wife when there are no headers, can cruise all day at 65 mph...… You are slowly following my steps. Just be prepared, there will be a dufus on the internet telling ya what ya outta be doing and how and what you've experienced. LOL

SIMPLE BREAK DOWN:
  • Jaws, I've been laughing at you...… AND I admit it!!! :eek:
  • You spent enough money, that wasn't the problem … Need I go on??? :poke:
  • Just so you know, any drag radial, DOT or Not, requires drive shaft loop.
  • You'll enjoy the car even more with your wife when there are no headers, can cruise all day at 65 mph...… You are slowly following my steps. Just be prepared, there will be a dufus on the internet telling ya what ya outta be doing and how and what you've experienced. LOL
Go ahead 318alwasfakenews tell everybody how I spent money wrongly on my dream car (not yours)...
and also tell me how I want to get rid of my dual quads and my Stroker and my 4-speed so I can Cruise 65 all day long? Now it would like to drop down to a 355 which wouldn't hurt my et for sure, but would make Highway trips to the coast a little nicer. I don't need to go to the freeway to go anywhere. If I need to go that far with the duster I can throw it on my trailer and pull it with my truck or either one of my wife's Durangos..
Good Golly how much of this 318alwasfakenews must I constantly rebut...

Go ahead 318alwasfakenews tell everybody how I spent money wrongly on my dream car (not yours)...
and also tell me how I want to get rid of my dual quads and my Stroker and my 4-speed so I can Cruise 65 all day long? Now it would like to drop down to a 355 which wouldn't hurt my et for sure, but would make Highway trips to the coast a little nicer. I don't need to go to the freeway to go anywhere. If I need to go that far with the duster I can throw it on my trailer and pull it with my truck or either one of my wife's Durangos..
Good Golly how much of this 318alwasfakenews must I constantly rebut...
Didn't say you didn't get a dream, don't let your undies get in a bundle. I simply said you spent enough money to be well past the 11.49 needed for the cage because you said you were a thousands away... LOL

I didn't tell you anything about your dual quads... or stroker …. or 4 speed. THAT, my friend IS FAKE NEWS... :D

Last edited:
.… You are slowly following my steps. Just be prepared, there will be a dufus on the internet telling ya what ya outta be doing and how and what you've experienced. LOL
The only person slowly following your footsteps is you! Bahahaha...

The only person slowly following your footsteps is you! Bahahaha...
ANd you..... whether you like it or not.
First the cage goes... then the big cam goes.... then the 4.11 gears go..... LOL
Was it Eddie Rabbit that sang "don't you know step by step".

Eventually, we'll be able to meet on a vacation in our quite running, highway geared Dusters.... of course, because of tuning, mine will still run 13's, and you'll be 15's, but that won't matter, it will still be a great time!

Last edited:
First the cage goes... then the big cam goes.... then the 4.11 gears go..... LOL

Eventually, we'll be able to meet on a vacation in our quite running, highway geared Dusters.... of course, because of tuning, mine will still run 13's, and you'll be 15's, but that won't matter, it will still be a great time!
do you ever get the feeling we are the soul entertainment I mean the heart and soul entertainment of the Forum...

Without our rivalry of words I think I would have quit the forum a long time ago LOL just joking but it does keep me going sometimes..

do you ever get the feeling we are the soul entertainment I mean the heart and soul entertainment of the Forum...
Well, I would say this forum had plenty of heart and soul before we arrived.... When I think of RRR, Rumblefish, Stroked 340 (who has been silent for months), and that would be just the start of the list.… yeah, there was plenty of action :)

Without our rivalry of words I think I would have quit the forum a long time ago LOL just joking but it does keep me going sometimes..
When the weather clears up.... (supposed to be freez'n till the middle of March now..), I'll be wrenching and test'n. LOL

More lightening, less thunder … so to speak.

I know I beat this to death already but that what you want keeping the drive shaft out of your lap at 100+ MPH?

This will actually keep it out of your personal space.

:)
View attachment 1715295903
Of the hundreds of times I've done 100+ mph without a loop.... I know, dumb lucky.... But I'll roll with it. I mean, I'm still using the 45 year old seat belts.

I know, we all get away with stuff.

As someone who has had the driveshaft inside the car I can tell you it's bad.

When the weather clears up.... (supposed to be freez'n till the middle of March now..), I'll be wrenching and test'n. LOL

More lightening, less thunder … so to speak.
Found some old photos of when I was installing the frame connectors....
FYI...
20151206_114104.jpg
20151206_113919.jpg
20151206_112859.jpg
20151206_113938.jpg

You can save in the first photo where I shoved it in there far enough to weld up that little round hole also from our stability..

-
Back