• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Wow damn I feel that I opened a can of worms bahahaha. I'm not sure where to start lol.
I like and respect both of you guys I think both of you have tons of knowledge and your own skill sets.
I think 318willruns overall tuning and engine build skills are undeniable. I mean the 500 dollar 318 with 276 gears went what mid to low 13s? That is crazy.
Obviously jpar has the advantage here in this particular race Because let's face it a stroked 360 with dual quads and 410 with race slicks?
But I do believe that 318 and jaba have some tricks up their sleeves that could surprise us all. Lol
I think you should stay in jpar and see what happens. Just my 2 cents I personally want to see who has the fastest slip at the end of the summer.
500 dollar 318 with 2.76 went 14.7's. Yes, Jaws has "what should be" the advantage with his roller rocker 1.6, 2.02 machine shop ported heads, balanced 410 stroker, 4.11 gears, slicks, open headers, 100 octane fuel.... and mid 11's??? LOL...… hehehe.... and he is proud :) I'm proud for him. :)
He he he.... ha ha.... BWAAAAAAHAHAHA

WHat a croakin' Donut

LOL...…. I can't stop laughing...… BWAAAAAAAHHAHA.....

I think whenever I quote Jaw Par, I have to put the theme song ahead of the post...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wow damn I feel that I opened a can of worms bahahaha. I'm not sure where to start lol.
I like and respect both of you guys I think both of you have tons of knowledge and your own skill sets.
I think 318willruns overall tuning and engine build skills are undeniable. I mean the 500 dollar 318 with 276 gears went what mid to low 13s? That is crazy.
Obviously jpar has the advantage here in this particular race Because let's face it a stroked 360 with dual quads and 410 with race slicks?
But I do believe that 318 and jaba have some tricks up their sleeves that could surprise us all. Lol
I think you should stay in jpar and see what happens. Just my 2 cents I personally want to see who has the fastest slip at the end of the summer.
20140319_143305.jpg

How soon they forget my day one pictures of when I brought my $1, 700 duster home from Eugene (2 hours south on the freeway) on the back of a U-Haul trailer behind a U-Haul truck in front of my wife following me in her old Volvo station wagon...
Screenshot_2017-09-27-16-01-38-1.png
also the fake news will forget to tell you about the 318 I got off of Craigslist for 50 buck and appropriately colored pink. Also building a free 904 transmission to go behind it for a season. A motor and transmission I had less than $500 into...

View attachment 1715294388
How soon they forget my day one pictures of when I brought my $1, 700 duster home from Eugene (2 hours south on the freeway) on the back of a U-Haul trailer behind a U-Haul truck in front of my wife following me in her old Volvo station wagon...
View attachment 1715294389 also the fake news will forget to tell you about the 318 I got off of Craigslist for 50 buck and appropriately colored pink. Also building a free 904 transmission to go behind it for a season. A motor and transmission I had less than $500 into...

THAT 318 CAME IN LAST IN THE FABO 318 2017 RACE..... 'CAUSE THE OWNER CAN'T TUNE..... :poke:

THAT 318 CAME IN LAST IN THE FABO 318 2017 RACE..... 'CAUSE THE OWNER CAN'T TUNE..... :poke:

More fake news people! LOL good gravy I'm just going to start calling you fake news...
I came in last under the rules that fake news made up! LOL now would you make up rules that suit yourself or would you make up rules that suit other people? LOL oh man this is got to be the worst argument you've had yet LOL

I had to qualify the car above 14 seconds to have my wife as a passenger in the car....
Something else the fake news will not report LOL

More fake news people! LOL good gravy I'm just going to start calling you fake news...
I came in last under the rules that fake news made up! LOL now would you make up rules that suit yourself or would you make up rules that suit other people? LOL oh man this is got to be the worst argument you've had yet LOL
If it favored me, i'd have won. I didn't win. :)

Sore Loser...… :poke:

318hasvalvesthatfly instead of trying to make fun of me you should be thanking me for being the only validity in this entire thread. Besides the fact that jab is going to wipe the track up with you which is the real subject I believe you're trying to avoid...

318hasvalvesthatfly instead of trying to make fun of me you should be thanking me for being the only validity in this entire thread. Besides the fact that jab is going to wipe the track up with you which is the real subject I believe you're trying to avoid...
Jaba must be in a cocoon. LOL....
It's going to be a blast..... with or without a thread :D We've agreed to try to make it more than 1 meeting. That's why the winner in the first race or two may not be the winner in the end.

Honestly, I thought (I'm dreaming) if he ended up with a "440 truck" someplace/somehow …. we could kick it off with my '01 Ram vs that.... because we have a little more swap meeting to do..… and this could be done street or strip :D

What will be interesting is when he is ready to test his Stocker Duster..... I hope to make that event.
:thumbsup:

Jaba must be in a cocoon. LOL....
It's going to be a blast..... with or without a thread :D We've agreed to try to make it more than 1 meeting. That's why the winner in the first race or two may not be the winner in the end.

Honestly, I thought (I'm dreaming) if he ended up with a "440 truck" someplace/somehow …. we could kick it off with my '01 Ram vs that.... because we have a little more swap meeting to do..… and this could be done street or strip :D

What will be interesting is when he is ready to test his Stocker Duster..... I hope to make that event.
:thumbsup:
I think you have a lot to learn from your son! He sounds like the real drag racer in the family...

He's been telling you to pitch those Grandma grocery getter gears for years and put some headers on that b****!

I think you have a lot to learn from your son! He sounds like the real drag racer in the family...
LOL..... Well, you see, of course he knows me and what I've done. He knows..... sometimes "knowing" and "thinking you know" are completely two different things.

He's been telling you to pitch those Grandma grocery getter gears for years and put some headers on

LOL.... yeah, he'd like me to get back into something fast.

Oh, by the way, lol, my son-in-law has a Honda that he put a header on and an open exhaust out the back. We were traveling together on a freeway, my wife and I in my '01 Ram, and him, my daughter, and my son in that honda. He came to almost a stop on the freeway 'cause he wanted to race me. By the time we hit 95 mph, I was about 10 truck lengths ahead.... LOL

He also bought a '06 350z …… he tried to get around my 318 Duster and couldn't LOL. He sold the Z, and bought my sons old 'stang.
Don't mess with Pops :D

LOL.... yeah, he'd like me to get back into something fast.

Oh, by the way, lol, my son-in-law has a Honda that he put a header on and an open exhaust out the back. We were traveling together on a freeway, my wife and I in my '01 Ram, and him, my daughter, and my son in that honda. He came to almost a stop on the freeway 'cause he wanted to race me. By the time we hit 95 mph, I was about 10 truck lengths ahead.... LOL

He also bought a '06 350z …… he tried to get around my 318 Duster and couldn't LOL. He sold the Z, and bought my sons old 'stang.
Don't mess with Pops :D
you're not trying to tell me your son's new daily driver wouldn't spank both of your duster linked each other? Lol

I remember spanking a Honda car here in town with the Power Wagon I gave my son..
the only way my son will ever kick my butt in a drag race is with the car I gave him!

you're not trying to tell me your son's new daily driver wouldn't spank both of your duster linked each other? Lol
We'll soon find out. The 318's getting pulled in favor of another motor. The 360's going to get some help as well. As they sit today, I would think without a doubt i'd be in trouble.

Honestly, I really try to encourage them to race at the strip. Safer, don't have to worry about what could happen, ticket , etc.

I remember spanking a Honda car here in town with the Power Wagon I gave my son..
the only way my son will ever kick my butt in a drag race is with the car I gave him!
I think you posted a video of you beating a ricer at the strip in your Duster.....

We'll soon find out. The 318's getting pulled in favor of another motor. The 360's going to get some help as well. As they sit today, I would think without a doubt i'd be in trouble.

Honestly, I really try to encourage them to race at the strip. Safer, don't have to worry about what could happen, ticket , etc.
What a cool father keeping a lowly car that would never touch his sons car. I'm not that nice...

I think you posted a video of you beating a ricer at the strip in your Duster.....
the video I posted of my wife and I drag racing the duster with the pink motor we can see the $30, 000 Mustang just barely ekis out at the end of the quarter mile. Was totally smoke him in the 1/8th...

What a cool father keeping a lowly car that would never touch his sons car. I'm not that nice...
LOL...…. Again, he knows. And he knows what i'm building..... He's not said a word about vs me.... LOL

the video I posted of my wife and I drag racing the duster with the pink motor we can see the $30, 000 Mustang just barely ekis out at the end of the quarter mile. Was totally smoke him in the 1/8th...
In all fairness, though, you can spend 40+k on a new Toyota Highlander and go 16's.

Like my sons challenger, to put a Classic car in mint condition inside and out, and under the hood and in the trunk, and have 375 hp (that would be about 420 gross) V8, A/C, rack steering, 4 wheel strut suspension, cruise control, FI, 8 speed transmission giving a yawn on the interstate with 3.90 gears, 4 wheel disc brakes, air bags, and yahty yahty yahty…. for 25k would be impossible. The money is more than just the E.T., it's the entire package.

Last edited:
-
Back