• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Fair question I thought. Point is, you were WATCHING, not ASSEMBLING. Just wondered the difference between your efforts and somebody who bought through Blue Print a short block.

P.S. - you didn't answer the questions in post 1122
Your first question about the Eddy heads. That is got to be my most distant pipedream I have!
I'd likely try the dual quad nitrous first which sounds cool..
The blueprint 408 looks like a great deal to me..

Fair question I thought. Point is, you were WATCHING, not ASSEMBLING. Just wondered the difference between your efforts and somebody who bought through Blue Print a short block.

P.S. - you didn't answer the questions in post 1122
I said that already watching not assembling showing you pictures of what I was watching and not assembling. why don't you put your money where your mouth is and have all the parts machine and spun balance and assemble them yourself and show me how it's done Big Shot..

It's one thing to file and grind and take a chance on a $50 motor from Craigslist but it gets exponentially more challenging and more deep into your pockets when you do something yourself and make a mistake... The pink 318 I didn't care if I rub to the moon or blew up the first time I drove it. If that 408 crate motor reviews goes through your heads you'll be crying another tune..

Now, explain why you disagree with me listing a 10 day/10k build b
I said that already watching not assembling showing you pictures of what I was watching and not assembling. why don't you put your money where your mouth is and have all the parts machine and spun balance and assemble them yourself and show me how it's done Big Shot..
LOL... For the record, machine shops have only done machining for me. I have assembled every rod and crank in every motor I've ever built.... just for the record, of course.... But no, that doesn't make me a Big Shot :D

Now, it was you that disagreed with my post of eddy heads, BP block, and Strange Dana stating we should be building our own junk.. I was just pointing out that is not what you did with your short block, and your talk about aluminum heads.... I just didn't see the difference, Jaws. But, somewhere in your head, there is a difference.

Last edited:
When I watch car shows with my Grandson he say's "Too much talking" when they are bench racing instead of smoking tires.:D:rolleyes:

LOL... For the record, machine shops have only done machining for me. I have assembled every rod and crank in every motor I've ever built.... just for the record, of course.... :D

Now, it was you that disagreed with my post of eddy heads, BP block, and Strange Dana stating we should be building our own junk.. I was just pointing out that is not what you did with your short block, and your talk about aluminum heads.... I just didn't see the difference, Jaws. But, somewhere in your head, there is a difference.
Okay dude you win. Assemble whatever you want buy whatever you want and I will watch jab kick your *** no matter how much money you spend. I assemble what I feel I need to assemble and I pay what I want to pay for. I've rebuilt and disassembled almost everything on my car myself. I had the short block assembled while all the parts for being machined at the Machine Shop. Kill me for not putting that one motor together that now is a serving me extremely well.

I disagree with it because yes you should be building your own stuff.

Ok.... I should be building my own stuff....... :(

I had the short block assembled while all the parts for being machined at the Machine Shop. Kill me for not putting that one motor together that now is a serving me extremely well.

But you can have yours assembled.... :eek:

Not killing you for having it assembled at the machine shop. Just asked why I have to build my own stuff, and you don't have too..... ?? Fair, right??

When I watch car shows with my Grandson he say's "Too much talking" when they are bench racing instead of smoking tires.:D:rolleyes:

Just starting to show signs of proof that we don't actually live in the arctic circle... LOL... Still have snow covered ground, mind you. When the weather gets better, there will be more lightening in my hands and less thunder in my mouth :)

I like your grandson's thinking. It's hard to smoke'm on ice and snow tho.

drive.gif

I wonder if the goal is growing faster and going faster. It's easy !

Not killing you for having it assembled at the machine shop. Just asked why I have to build my own stuff, and you don't have too..... ?? Fair, right??

Agreed fair right... Send for every last piece dynoed and all that knock yourself silly not going to make one scratch a difference to me...

Last edited:

LOL... For the record, machine shops have only done machining for me. I have assembled every rod and crank in every motor I've ever built.... just for the record, of course.... But no, that doesn't make me a Big Shot :D

How about pressed wrist pins have you ever done those yourself? I think I'm gonna try and tackle it. I got some old pistons and pins to practice on I'm gonna make the jig and try it. Iv watched alot of YouTube videos it doesn't seem all that scientific. Heat the rod and quickly insert the pin before it cools and make sure the jig is offset so it centers the pin.

How about pressed wrist pins have you ever done those yourself? I think I'm gonna try and tackle it. I got some old pistons and pins to practice on I'm gonna make the jig and try it. Iv watched alot of YouTube videos it doesn't seem all that scientific. Heat the rod and quickly insert the pin before it cools and make sure the jig is offset so it centers the pin.
This should be interesting.

drive.gif

no. I've had the machinist press in the wrist pins. they get so little for doing it, I let them do it. Of course, if it was the floating wrist pin, I'd do it myself. And yes, there is a right way for the clip to be facing

Boring, turning a crank (I only did that once), press work (seats/wrist pins) I get done at the machine shop. All nuts and bolt assembly, plastic gaging, I do at home. Mind you, I'm not doing this for a living, just for myself when the occasional project comes up.

You know I thought I remember seeing just recently someone was looking for one of those 408 short blocks from blueprint and they were out...
I believe they are switching from LA to magnum blocks. Much easier to get, and it will be roller cam. Slap a set of EQ heads on it (cheaper than the eddies) and it should be a whopper of a street engine.

no. I've had the machinist press in the wrist pins. they get so little for doing it, I let them do it. Of course, if it was the floating wrist pin, I'd do it myself. And yes, there is a right way for the clip to be facing

Boring, turning a crank (I only did that once), press work (seats/wrist pins) I get done at the machine shop. All nuts and bolt assembly, plastic gaging, I do at home. Mind you, I'm not doing this for a living, just for myself when the occasional project comes up.
About how much do they charge for that?

LOL...

I was out today and did a little "rodding" in some newer muscle. Young man that I've worked with wanted me to drive his manual 6 speed and see what it had. He's not the best manual driver for racing... and of course, my son's challenger

DSCN1731.JPG

DSCN1732.JPG

DSCN1733.JPG

-
Back