• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
To anodize aluminum you get the surface super clean first. Of course you have to pick your color that you want and then it's mixed in with water and a couple other things and you put that in the solution and you apply about 6 volts.
The interesting part is that you use clothing dye for your color.

True mil-spec anodize has a gold tint to it.
It is used for corrosion protection.

Iv seen the process for smaller gun parts but not something large like a rim. I'm sure it could be done.

Do you do that process? I'm actually need some small parts anodized. I believe...
I have everything to do it to some small parts. I just haven't done it yet but here is a link that tells you how to do it. Personally I'm going to use vinegar for my acid solution. I just don't like using corrosive liquids when I can get by with something safer.

L j s stands for lemon juice solution.

Anodizing Metal at Home (The LJS Method)

I have everything to do it to some small parts. I just haven't done it yet but here is a link that tells you how to do it. Personally I'm going to use vinegar for my acid solution. I just don't like using corrosive liquids when I can get by with something safer.

L j s stands for lemon juice solution.

Anodizing Metal at Home (The LJS Method)
Well I'm fixing to go down and send out a postal money order to a very very kind member who is selling me a set of valve cover hold Downs that are blue anodized and from the pictures I may want to recondition them before I put them on the Duster.

I called The Steel Barn today.

They do not have 1 1/2 x 3. They have 1 x3 and 2 x3, 1/8 inch thick. At $7 a foot that is $56 for a pair for 2x3, 4 footers.
I will do a little more shopin around.

They do not have 1 1/2 x 3. They have 1 x3 and 2 x3, 1/8 inch thick. At $7 a foot that is $56 for a pair for 2x3, 4 footers.
Just throwing it out there, that new site I listed had competition engineering weld in's for 110 a pair.

I wonder what the dimensions are on the store-bought ones?

Hey 318tossmeavalveor2 can you post a picture of them. That site is a bummer to get around on with a phone.

got two more steel suppliers going to call me back with prices.

:lol:
Hey 318tossmeavalveor2 can you post a picture of them.

sure, I can post a picture of 'em
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

:lol:

-
Back