Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
A little valve to piston dance.
This was in a 318 that a nitrous valve stuck open on me in my first 71 challenger, the old tough sob would still start and run the next day.

IQ9iLx.jpg

Missing 1/2 lower rod trick, to lighten things up, the piston actually stayed together, the small end is still attached.

OK the plan for tomorrow is to get sub frame material. At the moment 1 1/2 x 3 at 1/8 thick tubing is what I'm going to get.

How on earth did it go all the way around the piston like that? It looks like the piston was rotating.

It had to be spinning, it chucked the lower 1/2 of the rod threw the block, I guess the stub of the connecting rod was hitting the counterweight, which made it spin.
The engine never did lock up.
The head was actually fixable.

No matter what heads he uses, they're J heads...….. LOL
screenshot_20190312-105751-png.png

Jaw'nJ-head…. PARdonthepiston :D

No matter what heads he uses, they're J heads...….. LOL
View attachment 1715302740

Jaw'nJ-head…. PARdonthepiston :D
Oh 318 has valves that will fly, I know you try to dog me around the forums and I don't know why... I know you call me Jaws and hope that'll catch on, just like 318hasvalvesthatwillfly has stuck on.... Now stop trying to threaten Jab with a Camaro, and we will stop thinking your mind is so narrow... We would prefer your bench racing to stay on this thread, as you beat the subject up until it is dead...

Oh 318 has valves that will fly, I know you try to dog me around the forums and I don't know why... I know you call me Jaws and hope that'll catch on, just like 318hasvalvesthatwillfly has stuck on.... Now stop trying to threaten Jab with a Camaro, and we will stop thinking your mind is so narrow... We would prefer your bench racing to stay on this thread, as you beat the subject up until it is dead...

Now listen, ole' Jaw'n J-head,
you post what you want in everyone's thread......

Don't cry like a baby, as to wake the dead,
when it's done in your thread, you bonehead...….

Now "Jaws" is mine, I'll gladly own,
It's the best way to describe you, you have words to loan....

Your words convict you, this I've shown,
Time and time again, your cover is blown.....

Live by your rules, you make them for others,
But NOooooo, not Jawn' J-head, he never bothers.

Last edited:
Now listen, ole' Jaw'n J-head,
you post what you want in everyone's thread......

Don't cry like a baby, as to wake the dead,
when it's done in your thread, you bonehead...….

Now Jaws is mine, I'll gladly own,
It's the best way to describe you, you have words to loan....

Your words convict you, this I've shown,
Time and time again, your cover is blown.....

Live by your rules, you make them for others,
But NOooooo, not Jawn' J-head, he never bothers.
0h 318 has valves that will fly, when will your fake news ever die... You always like to turn something into something that is not, and letting your fake news make our brains rot... It's true we like to give you a hard time about your valves that will fly, when truly it is your valve seats that will say goodbye... You like to twist my words in all of my postings, but when this is all over it will be jab that is boasting... Your poem sucks so bad that no one can like it, but then again no one has fake news quite like it... The only exciting thing about this race so far, is the the knowledge that jab will beat you on the black tar...

0h 318 has valves that will fly, when will your fake news ever die... You always like to turn something into something that is not, and letting your fake news make our brains rot... It's true we like to give you a hard time about your valves that will fly, when truly it is your valve seats that will say goodbye... You like to twist my words in all of my postings, but when this is all over it will be jab that is boasting... Your poem sucks so bad that no one can like it, but then again no one has fake news quite like it... The only exciting thing about this race so far, is the the knowledge that jab will beat you on the black tar...
your poetry stinks, but you havn't a clue,
bandy words, bandy legs, I'll leave that to you....
We had 2 long years, of oh so much jawing,
leaving you in tears, and the rest of us yawning....

Sorry you live so far away,
Or I'd beat the 410 anytime of day.....
For your 13.7, I'd be wasting my gas,
But I'd have to do it, just for the laugh....

Now me and Jaba, have so much to do,
vote and cheer, or throw out your booo....
Doesn't matter, we're preparing to race,
A blast we'll have, and cheese fries to taste....

Signed,
318forthewin !!!!
:)

your poetry stinks, but you havn't a clue,
bandy words, bandy legs, I'll leave that to you....
We had 2 long years, of oh so much jawing,
leaving you in tears, and the rest of us yawning....

Sorry you live so far away,
Or I'd beat the 410 anytime of day.....
For your 13.7, I'd be wasting my gas,
But I'd have to do it, just for the laugh....

Now me and Jaba, have so much to do,
vote and cheer, or throw out your booo....
Doesn't matter, we're preparing to race,
A blast we'll have, and cheese fries to taste....

Signed,
318forthewin !!!!
:)
Your signature at the ending is most misleading, for again and again you're fake news we keep reading... I do hope one day your duster has great power like mine, so you would be of some contest so I can lay the smackdown and make you whine... I hope if we raced you'd be counting on that thirteen point seven, because when I leave you in the dust you'll be saying "Oh Heavens!"... You keep referring to a race where my contestant did not show, but if I was to ever race you your doors I would blow... Now don't threaten me with your friends Chevy like you have the others, because Mopar is number one just ask all our Mopar Brothers... 318hasvalvesthatwillfly is now your permanent name, it is you that brought this upon yourself so you should have only yourself to blame... It is easy to see that your poetry is lame, the problem is you have no one else to blame... It's funny how in the past race threads you were always allowed to rant, and now when I do in yours you say I can't?... You know I have so much fun poking at you, but it is really no attempt to make you feel blue.. the blues will come soon enough, so you just go ahead and hang tough...

Your signature at the ending is most misleading, for again and again you're fake news we keep reading... I do hope one day your duster has great power like mine, so you would be of some contest so I can lay the smackdown and make you whine... I hope if we raced you'd be counting on that thirteen point seven, because when I leave you in the dust you'll be saying "Oh Heavens!"... You keep referring to a race where my contestant did not show, but if I was to ever race you your doors I would blow... Now don't threaten me with your friends Chevy like you have the others, because Mopar is number one just ask all our Mopar Brothers... 318hasvalvesthatwillfly is now your permanent name, it is you that brought this upon yourself so you should have only yourself to blame... It is easy to see that your poetry is lame, the problem is you have no one else to blame... It's funny how in the past race threads you were always allowed to rant, and now when I do in yours you say I can't?... You know I have so much fun poking at you, but it is really no attempt to make you feel blue.. the blues will come soon enough, so you just go ahead and hang tough...
318willfly..... u can forget the valve stuff... :D

318willfly..... u can forget the valve stuff... :D
It's true the valve stuff I cannot forget, it truly is your valve seats that are not legit.. with pins they are held we all know, I'm sure that this will be the first thing to blow... While you grind on your heads and hope for more power, it is jab who is installing frame connectors to be the man of the hour.. you'll see soon your hopes will Dash when that last yellow light makes its Flash... then jabs front tires will go up leaving you like you're taking a nap, that's when you'll Ballout "oh crap!"...

3 x 1 1/2 x 1/8 thick x 4 ft long.
We need to put 318hasvalvesthatwillfly on this one... I know I posted dimensions and pictures on this thread but for the life of me with my research Powers I could not find them. Now 318hasvalvesthatwillfly is a bloodhound when it comes to finding old crap that's been posted by me LOL...

We need to put 318hasvalvesthatwillfly on this one... I know I posted dimensions and pictures on this thread but for the life of me with my research Powers I could not find them. Now 318hasvalvesthatwillfly is a bloodhound when it comes to finding old crap that's been posted by me LOL...
Go up to post #1255.
The bottom thread is your 8 point cage thread. Go to post #19
We are using the 3 inch wide instead of 2 1/2 going over instead of inside the front spring area. Plus nobody around here has 2 1/2 wide without special odering it.

It had to be spinning, it chucked the lower 1/2 of the rod threw the block, I guess the stub of the connecting rod was hitting the counterweight, which made it spin.
The engine never did lock up.
The head was actually fixable.
That is nuts lol. La engines are some tough engines I don't care what anyone says lol I can't believe it ran the next day. Lol

I gotta do some much dreaded work on my frame as well a couple months ago when I was removing the tbars I found some rust in the cross member. I figured since I'm under there I will go ahead and do my frame connector

-
Back