• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Looks like you are getting some sunshine.

IMG_2064.JPG
And now for something completely different. Found this guy in SUV about ten miles from nowhere this weekend. Doing the booze Cruz on snowmobile trails. Justice knows no season. PS be sure and let me know date on the race. Might migrate down.

View attachment 1715309047 And now for something completely different. Found this guy in SUV about ten miles from nowhere this weekend. Doing the booze Cruz on snowmobile trails. Justice knows no season. PS be sure and let me know date on the race. Might migrate down.
As it gets closer……. it would be great to have ya! Just understand, it has to be a date that works for Jaba and myself and the dragway - be it weather or event. So we can give you as much notice as we possibly can. We're hoping to meet more than once for sure, so perhaps "one" of the dates will work for ya..... Bring your Scat Pak?

Totally understood. I have a sister that lives in Danville Illinois. Where is track located? You boys sort it out and holler at me. Our track has now started holding drifting events and it is really impacting the scheduling. On plus side I think it may very well save the track. Drivers meeting may be a hoot this year! Give me whatever notice you can and we will see if it can work. My wife loves running the Scat Pack! She ain't scared! I have not forgot the carb!

Totally understood. I have a sister that lives in Danville Illinois. Where is track located? You boys sort it out and holler at me. Our track has now started holding drifting events and it is really impacting the scheduling. On plus side I think it may very well save the track. Drivers meeting may be a hoot this year! Give me whatever notice you can and we will see if it can work. My wife loves running the Scat Pack! She ain't scared! I have not forgot the carb!
Cordova International Raceway (formerly known as Cordova Dragway). Just off of I-80 a few miles

About 250 miles from drag strip to Danville.
Don't you have 68 or 69 cuda with a 6.4 hemi and a Demon?

I forget what color they are.

Got a picture or two?

All right I knew there was something about the colors. Just could not get it right at that moment in time. It almost matches your user name. Probably should have been Sublime 3 instead of sublime one. Then I would have got it. Maybe but you must remember I'm old. Speaking of old
Here is the latest picture of my wife and I today is our 30th wedding anniversary. Had to take a picture it's really hard to tell though that I've lost some of my hair over the years from this picture.

20190325_141209.jpg

But it doesn't look like I changed at all. My wife either.

All right I knew there was something about the colors. Just could not get it right at that moment in time. It almost matches your user name. Probably should have been Sublime 3 instead of sublime one. Then I would have got it. Maybe but you must remember I'm old. Speaking of old
Here is the latest picture of my wife and I today is our 30th wedding anniversary. Had to take a picture it's really hard to tell though that I've lost some of my hair over the years from this picture.

View attachment 1715309102
Technically I would be Sublime5! Hah. See ya come summer I hope.

Checked out the track (Cordova) That is a very nice set up they have. And frankly it does not matter to me about the actual race per say. A test and tune day is just as good for me! We still have two foot of snow here. No track time for awhile yet. As summer progresses our schedule gets worse and worse. Of course summer is only about three weeks long up here tho!

Which combo?
#1 is a stock 86 360 wore out short block with cleaned up stock 596 or 587 heads, stock cam, hooker headers and holley carb, stock or tci street fighter tc. Figured this would be a good start against 318ismissingvalves not highly modiflied duster. Plus it's already to be dropped in and get the dart on the road agin.
#2 is a 89 360 roller motor with 2.02 308 heads, roller hydra cam, .030+ 9.0 com. This is eventually going in my wife's 78 little red express with a stock intake and thermoquad.
#3 is my 360 stocker motor with 8in turbo action tc and cope 904.
Just to debug it for the duster.
#4 is my hillbilly 340 + .060 trw 10.5, 508 cam, 308 11/32 2.02 ported, ag holley sd with a holley
#5 is my 340 stocker
#6 is a 99 magnum 5.9 with an la intake, bigger cam and eq heads.

I may change the order just depends on how tight my drawers are on any given day.
That's a nice collection. but, nothing with at least 4.25" bore ? I thought you had at least one big block.
A 440 in that red express would be sweet.

Checked out the track (Cordova) That is a very nice set up they have. And frankly it does not matter to me about the actual race per say. A test and tune day is just as good for me! We still have two foot of snow here. No track time for awhile yet. As summer progresses our schedule gets worse and worse. Of course summer is only about three weeks long up here tho!
Test n Tune is my favorite. They do that most Friday Nights. Unfortunately, I work nights. They usually TnT also on Saturdays with the bracket racers. Call up by class. IF not enough TnT cars, they make ya run with Trophy, which is fine. It's just that Jaba and I need to go side by side. And hey, I'll go side by side with you too..... :D

That's a nice collection. but, nothing with at least 4.25" bore ? I thought you had at least one big block.
I have a 69 and a 70 383 and a 78 440 that is stuck. Also have a 400 in my 81 big horn dually and a 440 in my motor home car hauler.
I have every thing to rebuild the 69 383 with 10 to 1 pistons, forged crank, 440 cam and fresh 452 heads.
I would want to put an aluminum intake and water pump and housing on it to lighten it up a little.

My wife owns the little red her right foot is half to 3/4 lead. She does not drive this truck she is qualifying it when she's behind the wheel. lol. She put a rod out of each side of the original 360. But the state cop showed compassion and arranged for a tow truck instead of giving her a ticket. That was very nice of him.
So I figure I'm probably better off with a modified small block than with a big block. I don't think the big block could handle the RPM she would be requesting of it.

My wife owns the little red her right foot is half to 3/4 lead. She does not drive this truck she is qualifying it when she's behind the wheel. lol. She put a rod out of each side of the original 360. But the state cop showed compassion and arranged for a tow truck instead of giving her a ticket. That was very nice of him.
So I figure I'm probably better off with a modified small block than with a big block. I don't think the big block could handle the RPM she would be requesting of it.
LMAO
My wife is same way, she put Scat Pack sideways at about fifty. She gets a bit to focused then something bad usually happens! Then next thing ya know she goes squirrel!

IMG_1200.JPG
Test n Tune is my favorite. They do that most Friday Nights. Unfortunately, I work nights. They usually TnT also on Saturdays with the bracket racers. Call up by class. IF not enough TnT cars, they make ya run with Trophy, which is fine. It's just that Jaba and I need to go side by side. And hey, I'll go side by side with you too..... :D
Totally agree TnT is always my favorite. I found the track on map. I think I can get there in about 4 beers! If we end up in wife's truck we will run it as well! We don't care just like to have fun. Coordinating a couple three hectic schedules is basically impossible. You guys just keep me posted and if we can crash the party we will. Pix is of wife in Scat Pack. Cuda by a mile!

View attachment 1715309146
Totally agree TnT is always my favorite. I found the track on map. I think I can get there in about 4 beers! If we end up in wife's truck we will run it as well! We don't care just like to have fun. Coordinating a couple three hectic schedules is basically impossible. You guys just keep me posted and if we can crash the party we will. Pix is of wife in Scat Pack. Cuda by a mile!
For me it would be 4 ROOT beers... LOL... I don't drink. Anyways, yes, run-what-ya-brung..... Shoot, I've raced a 2.2 Reliant, 3.3 Dynasty, etc etc etc and oh, etc ! LOL

LMAO
My wife is same way, she put Scat Pack sideways at about fifty. She gets a bit to focused then something bad usually happens! Then next thing ya know she goes squirrel!

My wife loves classic cars..... and the '77 Ramcharger is hers. But she don't race. Nope! If you want to UNimpress her, floor it from 0-100. Faster it is, the least she likes it. But she loves classic cars. She can start any carburetor car, with or without choke. Funny, though, she likes watching at the drag way. But she only made 1 pass by herself, and a few with me. She'd much rather watch.

Funny how different my ex wife and current wife were.
Ex wife, my first Duster probably blew up a 1/2 dozen engines, should have put a rev limiter on that old car, her thoughts were, I shift when it quits pulling.
Current wife likes pretty things, waxes and cleans her old CJ-5 up, I bet it has never seen $2500 rpm.

View attachment 1715309102
Happy Anniversary to you and the miss's , Jab !!! 30 years is a real mile stone . Congrats!!!

Thanks Here is a picture of the wedding party 30 years ago. You notice I look shorter but with more hair. My dad sure is happy for us in the picture isn't he?

15535547590521948476659.jpg

Remember it's 30 year ago.

-
Back