• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Were the pictures taken in a mine shaft at night with the lights out? I see nothing but black boxes. I am using a computer, no smart phone.
Now you can't hurt Charlie's feeling. Yes he was black and it looks like someone inked out his face with a magic marker in the picture. Charlie was my best man. He was a good man and friend. He was Mopar and also a Vietnam vet. We got hired the same day at WSMR.
Maybe if you turn your computer off and back on a couple times the picture will show up better.

Now you can't hurt Charlie's feeling. Yes he was black and it looks like someone inked out his face with a magic marker in the picture. Charlie was my best man. He was a good man and friend. He was Mopar and also a Vietnam vet. We got hired the same day at WSMR.
Maybe if you turn your computer off and back on a couple times the picture will show up better.
No problem with picts here, at least one of you aged with grace !!! Lol,. How tall IS that big guy anyway?

Worst side is in.….. got to buckle up all the loose ends, starter, hook up collector, center linkage tomorrow.

Now, I'll eat a pizza, shower, and head of to work...

DSCN1744.JPG

DSCN1745.JPG

^^^^^ maybe I shouldn't install the other one, and run the manifold on the other side just to keep this fair....

:lol:

Worst side is in.….. got to buckle up all the loose ends, starter, hook up collector, center linkage tomorrow.

View attachment 1715309507

View attachment 1715309508
Those look good! You can really see the difference in quality between them and mine. From the looks of them they are really a pita to get in (judging by the scratches)!

I am going to show this picture to my oldest son, he needs new headers on his valiant.

thanks. people at work have missed multiple days, can't shake it. ER room visits. I've not missed a day, nor any doctor visits, I just keep thinking the next day i'll turn the corner. Now, I'm going out to remove the drivers manifold and TTI head pipe. Maybe I'll beat on the pickle fork and drop the center link.

I have been trying to drop this cold crud, today is 5 weeks, I cannot shake it either, on top of that my Dr. Changed my medicine and I have had a horrid rash going on almost a year now.
I am allergic to about everything medicine wise.
The rash is getting better, I actually told my Dr. 2 weeks ago the cold does not bother me, because the rash sucks that bad.

No wonder your still sick. Get well then roll around on the cold ground.

Yeah, but I laid around for almost 2 weeks with no improvement. Feel bad if I do, feel bad if I don't, so I might as well, ya know what I mean?

I am going to show this picture to my oldest son, he needs new headers on his valiant.

The drivers side installed nice! I just disconnected the inner tie rod and pitman arm, swung the centerlink out of the way. Removed the starter, and only had to raise the motor 1 inch. Car was only about 24 inches off the ground. Header went right in.

Yeah, but I laid around for almost 2 weeks with no improvement. Feel bad if I do, feel bad if I don't, so I might as well, ya know what I mean?

The drivers side installed nice! I just disconnected the inner tie rod and pitman arm, swung the centerlink out of the way. Removed the starter, and only had to raise the motor 1 inch. Car was only about 24 inches off the ground. Header went right in.
From the bottom?

I borrowed the wife's phone, now I can see the pic. who's the midget in the pic ?

I don't know what kinda software you're using, but when I looked at the pic again, Charlies face was blacked-out.

it's really not Inked out it's just that he's so black that's how the camera took the picture. He is probably the blackest man I've ever known. And he was proud of it. He always said when someone looked they would have no doubt about him being black.

Last edited:
I'm going to tell you a true Charlie Reynolds story.
This happened in Middle 80s in Socorro New Mexico. There was a white Charlie Reynolds and a black Charlie Reynolds. One day in town they were in the same place and they met. Black Charlie ask white Charlie where his people were from. White Charlie tells black Charlie that they were from Texas. Black Charlie says my people are from Texas too. And ask him well what part of Texas are you from. White Charlie says whatever the name of the city was or town I don't remember what it was now. Black Charlie says well that's where my people are from too. Black Charlie ask white Charlie did your people own slaves? white Charlie says as a matter of fact they did but not anymore. They laughed their butt off. After comparing notes they came to the conclusion that black Charlie's family had been slaves for white Charlie's family back in the 1800s.
This gives credit to the saying that a lot of slaves took their masters last names.
Charlie Reynolds was my best man at my wedding he died in like 92 or somewhere around there I'd have to look it up.
In 1969 he brought a brand new 383 4 speed Roadrunner and he drove it like he stole it. LOL

Last edited:

I have decided I'm I'm not gonna reassemble the suspension until after the engine and headers are already in. I'm gonna set the headers in and the lower the engine in and bolt it all together then finish getting the engine down bolt it down.
Then slide the centerlink in and bolt the suspension and steering back in.
Leaving it loose of course until I put the weight back down.

you know what's funny. there is a guy over at big block dart that gets the credit for hedman b-body headers in an
a-body with a low deck big block. but I got news for you all, lol we put them on in the 80's, all we did was remove the torsion bars, steering box, center link and column. with the help of a hoist we put the headers on. we installed all the steering components and t-bars with the assistance of a torch and ballpeen hammer. worked out perfect.
we built the motor mounts too in the late 70's. I was 16 in 78 when this all started. I still have the car, but it now has TTI's and full tti exhaust, I don't remember the cubic inches. lol

I really enjoy 318willrun and j pars builds and the details they share. truly old school ! love it !

-
Back