• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
yea they are good guy's. it's too bad the chat room is no longer. I remember back 2012 and 13 chatting with Asa, and 318wilrun was in the room. Rani, tony and a few others too.

speaking of Asa, where are you and how are you doing ?

yea they are good guy's. it's too bad the chat room is no longer. I remember back 2012 and 13 chatting with Asa, and 318wilrun was in the room. Rani, tony and a few others too.
Yea I remember the chat room back when I first joined. I had forgot about that what ever happened to it?

th.jpg

used to go to the chat room a lot when I got home from work. It was fun. RRR would show up quite often as well. Funny, I don't remember you fishmens67 ????

Just a report on the drivers side header. I went out today and I hooked up the center link, installed the starter, tighten motor mount, hooked up kick down linkage, small adjustment to the tranny lines and tightened the header to the motor.

I just wanted to report I didn't have to ding anywhere, any place, plenty of clearance. I do have manual steering and brakes, 904 tranny.

Just a report on the drivers side header. I went out today and I hooked up the center link, installed the starter, tighten motor mount, hooked up kick down linkage, small adjustment to the tranny lines and tightened the header to the motor.

I just wanted to report I didn't have to ding anywhere, any place, plenty of clearance. I do have manual steering and brakes, 904 tranny.
Your motor will be constipated on the passanger side by the stock manifold competing against the ds header.

Hey big news the postman rang once.
Got my Chinese stainless steel zip ties.

20190327_120741.jpg

Did everybody see the picture ok?

Last edited:
Why are you telling all my secrets?
That was highly classified information on a need-to-know basis. Now I've got to change my plans My secret is out.
Oh dang sorry lol I want to try one of those Ebay turbo kits myself. I have read and watched several videos about them. They can make decent power for the money. Obviously with limitations

Why are you telling all my secrets?
That was highly classified information on a need-to-know basis. Now I've got to change my plans My secret is out.
Could put a 80mm turbo on that magnum that's going into that Lil Red. LOL... I've played with the turbo cars from Ma Mopar.... They are the only car I could drop a 1/2 second by spending 3 dollars at a pet store.... LOL

Ok, I report the good with the bad, the truth as it is. The passenger side was worse to install than the drivers side :eek::eek: Yes, that's right!

I thought I was going to have to pull the torsion bar. I figured out the puzzle. I raised the motor equally about 3 inches. that got the header past the torsion bar. then I let the engine down, and raised only the passenger side to get the header on the studs. I like using the studs on the ends, that way I don't have to drain the coolant to change a gasket. Here are some pictures on how close the header is to the body.

DSCN1749.JPG

DSCN1750.JPG

DSCN1751.JPG

^^^^^ Score one for Doug's on the drivers side install, not so impressed with the passenger side, especially when there is plenty of room to alter it a smidge.

Beautiful ground clearance, I'll post a picture later of that....

Ok, I report the good with the bad, the truth as it is. The passenger side was worse to install than the drivers side :eek::eek: Yes, that's right!

I thought I was going to have to pull the torsion bar. I figured out the puzzle. I raised the motor equally about 3 inches. that got the header past the torsion bar. then I let the engine down, and raised only the passenger side to get the header on the studs. I like using the studs on the ends, that way I don't have to drain the coolant to change a gasket. Here are some pictures on how close the header is to the body.

View attachment 1715311155

View attachment 1715311156

View attachment 1715311157
Wow !!! Those look really tight. Nice work squeezing them in there. How does it sound?

Wow !!! Those look really tight. Nice work squeezing them in there. How does it sound?
yeah, passenger side was more of a challenge with these headers. Haven't started it yet, gotta hook up the collectors...

-
Back