• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
318, I know you have good results with what you got but I get the feeling you bringing a pocket full of rocks to a gun fight?

I sure hope you got a good arm...

:)
yeah, I know jabahaba has some heavy hitting parts. He also has the knowledge to put it all together. Not sure if he is going to put all his ammo in the car I'll have to compete with or not. Also, I realize that it's going to take more than a two-dollar budget to be competitive with him.

yeah, I know jabahaba has some heavy hitting parts. He also has the knowledge to put it all together. Not sure if he is going to put all his ammo in the car I'll have to compete with or not. Also, I realize that it's going to take more than a two-dollar budget to be competitive with him.
Want to do a magnum short block, la head engine build race?
There are guys pulling some good power out of that combo. We both have the parts to do it.
Or a run what you brung is ok with me.
Either way I'm going to put my car back together.

Want to do a magnum short block, la head engine build race?
There are guys pulling some good power out of that combo. We both have the parts to do it.
Or a run what you brung is ok with me.
Either way I'm going to put my car back together.
LOL... I was going to do a magnum head, LA short block ......

LOL... I was going to do a magnum head, LA short block ......
I don't have any mag heads other than 2 sets of maybe cranked 5.2s.
I have several la and mag short blocks tho.
Blizzard here yesterday.

20181126_200926.jpg
20181126_200944.jpg

Looking out the front door a couple minutes ago.

20181126_200935.jpg

I don't have any mag heads other than 2 sets of maybe cranked 5.2s.
I have several la and mag short blocks tho.
Blizzard here yesterday.

View attachment 1715254050 View attachment 1715254051

Looking out the front door a couple minutes ago.

View attachment 1715254052
Can you believe all around us folks got snow, some 14 inches just 30 miles away, but we did not get anything. Nothing. Notta. LOL.

Well, I was looking around my junk to look at possibilities. I have those remanufactured mag heads, I have a eddy RPM mag intake, I have an old, used MP hydraulic flat tappet cam that I believe I chanced upon at a swap meet... LOL... So I figured all I needed was a set of push rods and AMC lifters and I'd be set for the top half.

I guess to put LA heads on a mag, all a person would need is oil-through pushrods? I do like rocker shafts better than pedestals. My magnum motor is a 318 though. And I'd have to buy a cam, or regrind one of my stock roller cams with the snout for a fuel pump.

Or trade?

I thought you have a 5.9 mag stashed some where.
Only 5.9 mag I have is in my '01 Ram.. LOL. I have a 318 mag on the stand, supposed to be a good motor. I was going to put the 318 mag in my '74 Duster just for a driver. That's why I ended up with the reman heads, Eddy intake, and stock roller cams with the snout. I ended up doing the low dollar 318 project instead.

I have a 89 I think, 360 roller motor that came with la 308 heads on it. I have some aerohead 308s with 2.02 intakes I could put on it. All it would need is a bigger roller cam.

The holley strip dominator might help it a little too.

Last edited:
I'm just so confused now.
Should I put the 76 dart back together or should I put the73 duster together?
Should I build a 340 or a la360 or a magnum 5.9? I have all the parts except for a mag cam and set of heads to do all of this.
I would like a set of 35 spline axles and a spool for my dana. Maybe Santa will bring me some.
I have both a 727 an a 904. Both with rmv bodys. Both have turbo action 8 in converters and are fresh. The 904 has the low gear set for lanching that heavy Duster.
There is a 340 and a 360 for the Duster that needs put together. I would just have to choose which one to use. I think the 360 would be the way to go with it.
I think the Dart would the faster of the two with more compresson more cam and more valve but either one would fun.
The Duster has a moly cage but the Dart needs frame connectors.
The Dart has an adjustable snubber and the Duster has slide-a-links.
The nice thing is I have all winter to work it out.
Any ideas on which way to go?

I'm just so confused now.
Should I put the 76 dart back together or should I put the73 duster together?
Should I build a 340 or a la360 or a magnum 5.9? I have all the parts except for a mag cam and set of heads to do all of this.
I would like a set of 35 spline axles and a spool for my dana. Maybe Santa will bring me some.
I have both a 727 an a 904. Both with rmv bodys. Both have turbo action 8 in converters and are fresh. The 904 has the low gear set for lanching that heavy Duster.
There is a 340 and a 360 for the Duster that needs put together. I would just have to choose which one to use. I think the 360 would be the way to go with it.
I think the Dart would the faster of the two with more compresson more cam and more valve but either one would fun.
The Duster has a moly cage but the Dart needs frame connectors.
The Dart has an adjustable snubber and the Duster has slide-a-links.
The nice thing is I have all winter to work it out.
Any ideas on which way to go?
My 2 cents.
  • Get the Dart on the road. No cage to climb over. you have a complete 360 "ready to run"should be a drop in. This would be the easiest road to "recovery"... lol.
  • Put the car together for more purpose than just this race. Meaning, I might skip the 8" converter, especially if it wasn't build for street use.
  • After it's together, you can make changes accordingly.

My 2 cents.
  • Get the Dart on the road. No cage to climb over. you have a complete 360 "ready to run"should be a drop in. This would be the easiest road to "recovery"... lol.
  • Put the car together for more purpose than just this race. Meaning, I might skip the 8" converter, especially if it wasn't build for street use.
  • After it's together, you can make changes accordingly.
Ok
Good idea. I have a street fighter TCI converter I can use with it.

Change the title to whatever you want. Yall ain't gonna do nuthin.

...and where's YR? LOL

Hughes has a 10% charge just for talking on the phone.
Wow! Glad I didn't call them then..... LOL. This was actually my first purchase through them. I just bought through their site using PayPal. They sent me the order this morning to my email.

Oh for crap sake, fishhead, it was a JOKE!
I know ! doesn't take much to get you attention.
I'm glad to be on your good side, at least I think I am. lol jpar's maybe not so much. lol
Anyway, I like what 318 willrun does with what he has, it's great!

-
Back