• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
Ok, before there will be a race, we (jahababa and myself) must survive the winter. Snow, wind, freezing rain..... were gett'n a head start on old man winter for sure...

Shut the shop door, crank the stereo and ignore the outdoor elements. That's what I do.
Winter is the best time to get things done and summer is the time to play.

Shut the shop door, crank the stereo and ignore the outdoor elements. That's what I do.
I can do things like get the heads and stuff done. However, I don't have a garage right now so..... most outdoor workings just cannot be ignored... LOL

I agree except in cases like mine. I dont have a garage so when its cold windy raining or snowing im stuck. I can do small stuff inside just to make progress but that's about it.

Believe me guys , I know what it's like to not have a shop or garage to work in.
I rebuilt many things on the living room floor and kitchen table when I was starting out. still do stuff on the table. lol
It's a wonder I'm still married to my high school sweetie.

Look what showed up. ***** gettin real.

1543709295281-896146002.jpg

Gonna put this thing back together.
367" 4.04 x 3.58
12.5:1
CNC IndyBrocks
port matched Super Vic
low .700 lift solid roller (maybe?)

IMG_1080.jpg

The fun continues...….. and the work begins...… :)
remanufactured magnum heads by Odessa I've had for a bit. Picked them up because I got a good deal on them, figured I'd use them sometime. :D

DSCN1234.JPG

DSCN1235.JPG

^^^^ so I'll disassembled the heads because I need to put the hughes springs/locks/retainers on. Also, I might massage the pushrod bulge on the intake ports and a little bowl work.

^^^^ so I'll disassembled the heads because I need to put the hughes springs/locks/retainers on. Also, I might massage the pushrod bulge on the intake ports and a little bowl work.
Jadaharabi Now how in the world do I get a disagree off of THIS post????? LOL :D

The best way to get horse power out of those heads would be to sink the valves as deep as you can.
To make even more power you should regrind the cam lobes to a point with a bench grinder.
Don't forget to drill a compresson enhancer hole in every other piston.

20181203_172858.jpg
I found you a racing wheel you just put a 12.50 by 16 on it put it on the right rear of the car and that baby will hook up.

20181203_172726.jpg

Here is a picture of the empty hole that needs filled.

Last edited:
Both stock - Magnum vs 360 "596"
Wow is there a difference in the bowl area. Unbelievable. And to me, the bowl is one of the most critical parts of head flow. Also, the valve stems are obviously way smaller on the magnum, allowing even more bowl area. I also like the exhaust ports on the magnum, but not overly crazy on the intake port. In fact, I like the intake port better on the LA head.

Anyways, I don't think I'll really do any porting on the magnum heads, I think I will "clean up" a little on the castings, and take the push rod "obstruction" (I'll call it) down a tad.

exhaust 24 mm socket fell into the mag, no way to enter the 596.
DSCI2603.JPG

DSCI2604.JPG

intake 30 mm socket would hardly make enterance on the 596, but fell into the mag with slop
DSCI2605.JPG

DSCI2606.JPG

Snap shot of the obvious valve stem size difference
DSCI2607.JPG

Even with these poor quality pictures, you can see the difference in the bowl area (sorry, my wife had the good camera)
DSCI2608.JPG

DSCI2609.JPG

Last edited:
I got these today from the competition.... I better INSPECT them close!! :D
All that's lacking now are head bolts. :)

DSCN1270.JPG

-
Back