• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
I know ! doesn't take much to get you attention.
I'm glad to be on your good side, at least I think I am. lol jpar's maybe not so much. lol
Anyway, I like what 318 willrun does with what he has, it's great!

Of course you are. I don't really have a "bad side". I just click people off when I have to. lol ....and I was just jokin with the fishhead thing. If we caint poke fun at each other, there ain;t no fun there. I fully expected a "rustyratass" comeback or some such. LOL

And quite frankly who can read a rusty post anyway, far to busy staring at his profile picture! Hah!
And mild old 360 my aching foot . Throwing a big ole BS card on that nonsense!
Speaking of profile pictures yours is just as sexy as RRR's.

As for my old 360 it's one of those old wore out motors that never dies. I put fresh heads on it and a fresh double roller chain and new oil pump. Flushed out the water jacket an put in all new core plugs.
It's one of those rev it to the moon then shift and rev it to the moon agin. lol I just love the sound coming out of those pipes at high rpm.

This is what I ordered late last night.
Summit Racing® Chromoly Pushrods SUM-1457650
Hughes Engines

* I might add, I was a little disappointed in Hughes "total price". What was a 203.00 dollar purchase turned into 236.00 after tax and shipping.

Well, I dug it out after many many years. An old MP 2nd hand 284/484 cam from a swap meet :D . Some spots on it, but I think it will be alright. The .484 lift should go to about .514 lift with the magnum 1.6 rockers.

DSCN1226.JPG

DSCN1228.JPG

DSCN1227.JPG

^^^ unless my voters (LOL) think i'd be better off with this one.....

DSCN1232.JPG

DSCN1231.JPG

DSCN1229.JPG

look familiar Jahababa ??? :D

Remind me, what’s the gear ratio.

FWIW, the purple cam is very good.

Remind me, what’s the gear ratio.

FWIW, the purple cam is very good.
gears will be changed from 2.45's to 3.23's

I use to have that exact cam.

But I would use that purple stripes.
You did have a cam that looked exactly like that Speed Pro, didn't you .... :D
Yeah, I plan on using the MP

A long time ago, in a town far far away, lived a young gearhead with a 340 Duster.
Unknown to the locals, the young gearhead slide a .484 purple stripe into the 340 along with a 6 pac setup to top it off.
The stock appearing Duster also had it's B&M converter and B&M reverse manual valve body and 4.30 Sure Grip.
The m50s were all that held it to the ground when the hammer was dropped.
It would boldly go where no Mopar had gone before. Never to bow to the evil forces of the bowties or blue ovals it would seek them out to destroy them and take their credits.
Dog gone thing is the only car to ever beat my 71 440 GTX. Untill I put my slicks on anyway.
So ends many Adventures as another one begins.
The young gearhead and his mighty Duster were last seen cruising Eldorado Street in Decatur hunting for the forces of the dark side.
May the force be with him.

A long time ago, in a town far far away, lived a young gearhead with a 340 Duster.
Unknown to the locals, the young gearhead slide a .484 purple stripe into the 340 along with a 6 pac setup to top it off.
The stock appearing Duster also had it's B&M converter and B&M reverse manual valve body and 4.30 Sure Grip.
The m50s were all that held it to the ground when the hammer was dropped.
It would boldly go where no Mopar had gone before. Never to bow to the evil forces of the bowties or blue ovals it would seek them out to destroy them and take their credits.
Dog gone thing is the only car to ever beat my 71 440 GTX. Untill I put my slicks on anyway.
So ends many Adventures as another one begins.
The young gearhead and his mighty Duster were last seen cruising Eldorado Street in Decatur hunting for the forces of the dark side.
May the force be with him.
You driv'n that Duster, where ya???? I have a feeling I'll be lined up against that "young gearhead"......... Call it destiny :)

You driv'n that Duster, where ya???? I have a feeling I'll be lined up against that "young gearhead"......... Call it destiny :)
I built it for a buddy then later traded my 71 GTX for it and some boot.
Never took it to the strip but it did run very good.
Really liked the .484 in it. By the way the 440 in the GTX had the bb version in it.

May the Mopar be with you.

gears will be changed from 2.45's to 3.23's

You did have a cam that looked exactly like that Speed Pro, didn't you .... :D
Yeah, I plan on using the MP
Now you just need the right converter and good ol'sticky tires to match. You'll be in good shape.
What does the car weigh?

Now you just need the right converter and good ol'sticky tires to match. You'll be in good shape.
What does the car weigh?
Not sure which car I'm using yet, one's a little under 3200 and one just a little over. I'm sure it will be a 360, but I cannot guarantee which one will get these heads/intake and cam.

Hughes shipped fast, got their package today.

Go with the lightest car?

Unless your filling the tires with helium?
LOL.... don't give away my secrets to success!!!! :D

I may use the 360 already in the one Duster. If so, then that will be the one that weighed 3240.
If I put together the 360 I saved from the scrap yard, then I'll probably put that in the 318 Duster, which weighs 3160.

Either way, I'll be changing rear ends and adding headers.

Unless you got one car that 3200, full tube frame, full cage, four link and all the rest.

And one car at 3100 that's a gutted factory car.

Well then go with the heavy car...

Unless you got one car that 3200, full tube frame, full cage, four link and all the rest.

And one car at 3100 that's a gutted factory car.

Well then go with the heavy car...
Both cars are pretty much in factory full weight cars. None have cages, frame connectors, or modified suspension. Both have manual steering and manual brakes.

dscn0977-jpg.jpg

my-duster-at-dragway-jpg.jpg

I like the car in the first pic.

I would toss the rear bumper and run it bare *** necked.

I love dusters, I know I guy that had a cool one. His name is @j par

:poke:

Not sure which car I'm using yet, one's a little under 3200 and one just a little over. I'm sure it will be a 360, but I cannot guarantee which one will get these heads/intake and cam.

Hughes shipped fast, got their package today.

Use the blue one. lol

Use the blue one. lol
I have a specific E.T. in mind that I'm going to run. Going to spend the least possible to get there and change the least possible to the drivability of the car to get there.....

I have a specific E.T. in mind that I'm going to run. Going to spend the least possible to get there and change the least possible to the drivability of the car to get there.....
I also have a specific ET in mind. It will be 2/10 under yours.

822s in hand.

Last edited:
I also have a specific ET in mind. It will be 2/10 under yours.

822s in hand.

I love trying different combos. Of all the heads swaps I've done, this will be my first time putting mags on a LA. It will also be my first time home-porting the Mags. I think I got my "ducks in a row". Just gotta get my lifters yet.

Should be a lot of fun. :)

(Mr. Brown brought a package from summit as I was typing this :D )

I love trying different combos. Of all the heads swaps I've done, this will be my first time putting mags on a LA. It will also be my first time home-porting the Mags. I think I got my "ducks in a row". Just gotta get my lifters yet.

Should be a lot of fun. :)

(Mr. Brown brought a package from summit as I was typing this :D )

Are these what you need?

20181130_150757.jpg

-
Back