2021 11th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - Time To Burn Some NITRO!!!

-
2021 Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals at Brainerd qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: n/a
TF: Mike Salinas, 3.752 @ 326.08
FC: Bob Tasca III, 3.941 @ 326.63

Q2

TF: Steve Torrence, 3.684 @ 329.91

FC: Cruz Pedregon, 3.880; Paul Lee @ 331.61

Q3
TF: Brittany Force, 3.675 @ 334.98
FC: Bob Tasca III, 3.870; Tim Wilkerson @ 334.40

Last edited:
Congratulations to '64BEL' (FBBO) for winning the 'Top Qualifier' title for the Lucas Oil Nationals at Brainerd with a very nice total of 14.5 bonus points.
He picked the #2 qualifier in Top Fuel and the #3 qualifier in Pro Stock.
'Nick2317' (FBBO), 'SSG Karg' (FABO) and 'stroked340' (FABO) shared the runner-up qualifier spot with 14.0 bonus points.
Great picks all!

We have 14 players this week and 8 different driver combos made up of:
* 3 different Top Fuel drivers with no head-to-head matchup in opening round of eliminations. The earliest possibility of a head-to-head matchup is in the semi-final round of eliminations if both drivers survive the first two rounds.
* 6 different Funny Car drivers with two head-to-head matchups in the opening round of eliminations. One between #6 qualifier Robert Hight (1 pick) and #11 qualifier J.R. Todd (3 picks), and the other between #7 qualifier Ron Capps (3 picks) and #10 qualifier John Force (2 picks). There is also a possibility of a head-to-head matchup in the semi-final round of eliminations if both drivers survive until then.

Good luck all!

Congratulations to 'Nick2317' (FBBO), 'SSG Karg' (FABO) and 'stroked340' (FABO) for sharing the "Top Picker Eliminator" crown for the 2021 Lucas Oil NHRA Nationals, the 12th event of the 2021 season. They each had an outstanding total of 94.0 points with class wins in both Top Fuel and Funny Car.
'Back in Time' (FABO), 'memike' (FABO) and 'ocdart' (FABO) shared the runner-up spot with 70.5 points each.

Here's where the bonus points were earned if you picked the right drivers:

Top Fuel
E.T. - Brittany Force, 3.672 during Round 2 of eliminations
Speed - Brittany Force, 334.98 during qualifying

Funny Car
E.T. - Bob Tasca III, 3.870 during qualifying
Speed - Tim Wilkerson, 334.40 during qualifying

Here are the game point standings after the 12th event of the 2021 season:

1458.5 - stroked340 (FABO) no change in season point standings
1386.5 - Nick2317 (FBBO) no change
1353.5 - Back in Time (FABO) no change
1311.5 - Budnicks (FBBO) no change

1273.0 - memike (FABO) +1
1256.5 - cuda20 (FABO) -1

1254.5 - shittyslant5 (FABO) no change
1150.0 - johnnycuda (FABO) no change
1132.0 - alsant (FBBO) no change

1088.5 - ocdart (FABO) +1
1082.5 - Duster79 (FABO) -1

985.5 - 64BEL (FBBO) no change
851.5 - SSG Karg (FABO) no change
658.5 - Outlawd (FBBO) no change

Now we all get a weekend off to rest and study up because the third of six events in seven weeks, the 13th race of the 2021 season, the Dodge//SRT NHRA U.S. Nationals is scheduled for September 1-5, at Indianapolis Raceway Park in Indianapolis, IN.
As always, your picks need to be posted before Pro Qualifying starts. The first of 3 Pro Qualifying sessions is scheduled to begin at 6:30PM EDT (3:30PM PDT) on Friday, September 3, and will be shown on FS1 starting at 7:00PM EDT (4:00PM PDT). There will also be two additional rounds of Pro Qualifying on Sunday, September 4.

Are you ready to return to full fields of all four Pro classes? There are currently 19 Top Fuel, 20 Funny Car, 20 Pro Stock and 19 Pro Stock Motorcycle entries for this race event but that is always subject to change.

Also, watch for an upcoming post about a change to Round win scoring for this event.

And don't forget, just like NHRA our game points are going to reset after the U.S. Nationals to tighten up the standings and make the 2021 playoff events more competitive. That will also get explained in a future post if you're new to the game.

Get your picks posted and GOOD LUCK!

ARE WE MISSING THE LAST 2 PAGES?
changing PSM pick to Matt Smith lock in

TF Brittney Force
FC John Force
PS Greg Anderson
PSM Matt Smith

My picks for this weekend..
T.F.Steve Torrence
F.C.Tommy Johnson jr.(driving for Hagan)
P.S..Greg Anderson
P.S.M..Matt Smith:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Here's your Tuesday before the event reminder for the upcoming Mopar Express Lane NHRA Nationals presented by Pennzoil at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, PA.
NHRA.com currently shows there will be
14 Top Fuel
14 Funny Car
17 Pro Stock
19 Pro Stock Motorcycle

Make sure to check to verify your driver picks are scheduled to compete and post your picks before Pro Qualifying starts on Friday, September 10 at 4:45pm EDT (1:45pm PDT).
There will also be two additional Pro Qualifying sessions on Saturday.
I tried to find more information on NHRA's COVID-19 protocol but no luck. Matt Hagan is currently shown as the driver of his Funny Car per the current NHRA.com entry list.

The television schedule for the Mopar Express Lane Nationals is:
* Qualifying: Sunday, September 12 at noon EDT (9am PDT) on Fox Sports 1 [re-air on Sunday at 9pm EDT (6pm PDT) on Fox Sports 2]
* Eliminations, Sunday, September 12: 2-5pm EDT (11am-2pm PDT) on Fox Sports 1 and 1-4pm EDT (10an-1pm) on FOX Sports 1. There are multiple re-airs scheduled - check NHRA.com.

The current weather forecast is for 74F and mostly sunny for Friday qualifying, 78F high temp and sunny for Saturday, and 84F high temp and sunny for Sunday.

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR PICK POST FOR THE UPCOMING MOPAR EXPRESS LANE NATIONALS, THEN I HAVEN'T SEEN IT EITHER OR RECORDED YOUR PICKS.
PLEASE RE-POST.

Mopar Express Lane Nationals picks...

TF Steve Torrence
FC Ron Capps
PS Erica Enders
PSM Eddie Krawiec

I sent out an alert via 'Conversation' asking all to repost your NHRA Mopar Express Lane Nationals picks if you can't see your pick post on this thread.
Unfortunately, 'cuda20' has a full 'inbox' so won't get the 'Conversation'.
If you do not repost your picks, all I can do is carryover your picks from the U.S. Nationals.

TF-Salinas
FC-Tasca
PS-C. McGaha
PSM-Pollacheck
I’m gonna let these picks ride until further notice.

2021 Mopar Express Lane NHRA Nationals presented by Pennzoil qualifying leaders:

Q1
TF: Brittany Force, 3.666 @ 335.57
FC: Bob Tasca III, 3.908 @ 331.53

PS: Kyle Koretsky and Greg Anderson, 6.547; Mason McGaha @ 210.21
PSM: Angelle Sampey, 6.761; Eddie Krawiec @ 201.67

Q2
Weather: 72F, 67% relative humidity, barometer 30.21", adjusted altitude 1,712', track temp 101F
TF: Brittany Force, 3.660 @ 335.57
FC: Ron Capps, 3.896 @ 331.53

PS: Erica Enders, 6.524; Mason McGaha @ 210.21
PSM: Angelle Sampey, 6.745; Matt Smith @ 202.09

Q3
TF: Brittany Force, 3.660 @ 335.57
FC: Cruz Pedregon, 3.875; Tommy Johnson Jr. @ 333.82

PS: Erica Enders, 6.524; Mason McGaha @ 210.21
PSM: Angelle Sampey, 6.745; Matt Smith @ 202.09

Last edited:
The server crash wiped out a couple months worth of postings on FABO including some "Pick 'Em" posts for the Mopar Express Lane Nationals. I asked players to repost their picks for this week and started a "conversation" with those that I didn't see their picks.
A couple of FABO players could not receive the "conversation" because their inbox is full. The cutoff time for reposting was before Q1 today. I said if they did not repost in time I will carry over their U.S Nationals picks without penalty.
'cuda20' and 'memike', I carried over your picks from the U.S. Nationals.

I posted this morning after getting the the conversation . I answered Johnnycuda's first post and posted my picks. I don't see them on here. Perhaps I was to close to Q time. Lets just let my last picks ride for this race and get back on track next week. Thanks OC for what you do. CORRECTION: Old man brain fart..I posted my picks on the Conversation instead of the thread. Lets still go with the Indy Picks

Last edited:
I posted this morning after getting the the conversation . I answered Johnnycuda's first post and posted my picks. I don't see them on here. Perhaps I was to close to Q time. Lets just let my last picks ride for this race and get back on track next week. Thanks OC for what you do. CORRECTION: Old man brain fart..I posted my picks on the Conversation instead of the thread. Lets still go with the Indy Picks

I got the picks you posted yesterday on our Conversation...

So we only have Sunday on TV
2 hrs qualifying and then straight in to finals?

Congratulations to 'cuda20' (FABO) for winning the 'Top Qualifier' title for the Mopar Express Lane NHRA presented by Pennzoil a very nice total of 30.0 bonus points.
He picked the #1 qualifier in Top Fuel, the #2 qualifier in both Funny Car and Pro Stock and the #3 qualifier in Pro Stock Motorcycle.
'Nick2317' (FBBO) grabbed the runner-up qualifier spot with 29.5 bonus points.
Great picks all!

We have 14 players this week and 11 different driver combos made up of:
* 3 different Top Fuel drivers with no head-to-head matchup in opening round of eliminations. The earliest possibility of a head-to-head matchup is in the semi-final round of eliminations if both drivers survive the first two rounds.
* 6 different Funny Car drivers with one head-to-head matchup in the opening round of eliminations between #3 qualifier Tim Wilkerson (1 pick) and #12 qualifier John Force (2 picks). There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in the 2nd round of eliminations if all drivers survive Round 1.
* 4 different Pro Stock drivers. The earliest possibility of a head-to-head matchup would be the second round of eliminations if the drivers survive that long.
* 5 different Pro Stock Motorcycle drivers with no head-to-head matchups in the opening round of eliminations. There is a possibility of one head-to-head matchup in the 2nd round of eliminations if both drivers survive Round 1.

Good luck all!

-
Back