2024 14th Annual FABO NHRA "Pick 'Em" Game - It's NITRO Burnin' Time Again!!!

-
Hey @memike, @TT5.9mag -

Qualifying at the 2024 Winternationals is scheduled to begin at 7:30pm EDT (4:30pm PDT) today. Please post your picks to the FABO "Pick 'Em" game thread before qualifying starts so you will be eligible for all event bonus points.

Thanks,

Ken (ocdart)

Winternationals picks:

TF - Justin Ashley
FC - Austin Prock
PS - Dallas Glenn

Hey @memike, @TT5.9mag -

Qualifying at the 2024 Winternationals is scheduled to begin at 7:30pm EDT (4:30pm PDT) today. Please post your picks to the FABO "Pick 'Em" game thread before qualifying starts so you will be eligible for all event bonus points.

Thanks,

Ken (ocdart)
Ya know what the weather is gonna do? Right? It won't rain until just before eliminations on Sunday so they have to send out the track dryers to completely change the track conditions from the day before :BangHead: :lol:

Tf-Torrance (Steve)
FC-prock
PS-Enders

Good luck everyone, see ya at Pomona!

2024 NHRA Winternationals qualifying leaders:

Q1
Weather: 69F, 48% relative humidity, barometer 29.97", adjusted altitude 2,231', track temp. 112F
TF: Billy Torrence, 3.743 @ 330.47
FC: Daniel Wilkerson, 4.014 @ 314.31
PS: Erica Enders, 6.557 @ 211.69

Saturday weather notes: I'm 20 miles from Pomona and it's been raining here since about 8:30am PDT. Two rounds of qualifying today may be problematical. nhra.com currently shows that racing is "on hold due to rain". Q2 is scheduled for 11:30am PDT and Q3 is scheduled for 2:00pm PDT.
* Top Fuel - 15 cars qualified during Q1 yesterday
* Funny Car - 18 cars made qualifying attempts yesterday. Neither John Force nor Alexis DeJoria are currently qualified after Q1.
* Pro Stock - 19 cars made qualifying attempts yesterday. Joey Grose, Mason McGaha and Cristian Cuadra are currently not qualified after Q1.

Q2
Weather: n/a
TF: Brittany Force, 3.711 @ 335.73
FC: Matt Hagan and Ron Capps, 3.893; Matt Hagan @ 330.15
PS: Dallas Glenn, 6.536; Erica Enders @ 211.69

Last edited:
Congratulations to 'cuda20' (FABO) for winning the 2024 NHRA Winternationals Top Qualifier title with a near perfect outstanding total of 23.5 bonus points. He picked the #1 qualifier in both Top Fuel and Funny Car, and the #2 qualifier in Pro Stock. Way to go!
'alsant' (FBBO) was right behind with 22.5 bonus points.

More great picks!

We have 16 players again this week and 15 different driver combos made up of:
* 6 different Top Fuel drivers with one Round 1 head-to-head matchup between #6 qualifier Doug Kalitta (1 pick) and #11 qualifier Jasmine Salinas (1 pick). There is a possibility of two head-to-head matchups in Round 2 if all four drivers survive Round 1.
* 4 different Funny Car drivers. The earliest possibility of a head-to-head matchup is the semi-finals.
* 3 different Pro Stock drivers. The earliest possibility of a head-to-head matchup is the semi-finals.

Good luck all!

I think I hear the track dryers from Pomona :eek: Wait, no that's the Marine Corps playin' with their choppers next door at Camp Pendleton. :rolleyes::lol:

Great ears! It's well over 200 miles from Camp Pendleton to Santa Maria.

Great ears! It's well over 200 miles from Camp Pendleton to Santa Maria.
:rofl: Today I'm in Oceanside. Literally next door to Camp Pen. Mother's place, we have the street in front of us, the neighbors across the street, neighbor's back fence, behind their fence Camp Pen :lol:. Gets a little noisy round here at times :lol:

:rofl: Today I'm in Oceanside. Literally next door to Camp Pen. Mother's place, we have the street in front of us, the neighbors across the street, neighbor's back fence, behind their fence Camp Pen :lol:. Gets a little noisy round here at times :lol:

...and sometimes you have some great entertainment while driving down the freeway.
At different times I've seen tanks cruising over the dirt roads at pretty good speeds and some mock beach assault trainings.
God bless all of our warriors.

8A75C0DD-02B0-45F3-B3CB-EDEFEE00DF11.jpeg

Just got home. It was a beautiful day, until it wasn’t. It began to lightly rain about 3pm and then all hell broke loose and everyone ran for their cars, Thunder, lightning, and then it hailed for a solid 10 minutes and then rained for 20 more.

View attachment 1716226544

Just got home. It was a beautiful day, until it wasn’t. It began to lightly rain about 3pm and then all hell broke loose and everyone ran for their cars, Thunder, lightning, and then it hailed for a solid 10 minutes and then rained for 20 more.
I watched that thunderstorm cell on the radar move through there. :lol: Had a feeling the outcome was not going to be good.

I watched that thunderstorm cell on the radar move through there. :lol: Had a feeling the outcome was not going to be good.
In 35 years of coming to Pomona I’ve never been snowed (hailed) out. It was a pretty serious storm cell that went through.

In 35 years of coming to Pomona I’ve never been snowed (hailed) out. It was a pretty serious storm cell that went through.
The radar not real landmark oriented, but after driving through that neighborhood twice a week for the better part of 2 years, I knew it was going to be close :lol:

Well, hail!
Y'all are going to have to wait for the Arizona Nationals before you see the Winternationals results and new game standings.
The final round of Top Fuel, Funny Car and Pro Stock will be contested in Arizona.

Here's your NHRA Arizona Nationals "Tuesday Before the Event" reminder.
Please post your Arizona Nationals picks before qualifying starts so you will be eligible for all event bonus points.
Arizona Nationals qualifying is scheduled to start at 7:00pm EDT (4:00pm PDT) on Friday, April 5.

Please check nhra.com to make sure your picks are competing in this event.

Current competitor counts are:
16 Top Fuel
18 Funny Car
20 Pro Stock

Pro Stock Motorcycle will not compete at the Arizona Nationals or the Four-Wide Nationals in Las Vegas. Pro Stock Motorcycle will return to competition at the Circle K NHRA Four-Wide Nationals at zMAX Dragway in Concord, NC, scheduled for April 26-28.

The current weather forecast for the Arizona Nationals calls for
* Friday - mostly sunny with a high of 66F
* Saturday - sunny with a high of 65F
* Sunday - sunny with a high of 64F

OC I will stick with my locked picks again for Arizona . Will be there Saturday to pull for my good friend Mike Boehner in Super Gas and his friend Tony Stewart in Top Fuel .

FYI, my understanding is the Mission #2Fast2Tasty competitors (semi-finalists) from the hailed-out Winternationals will compete in Q1 on Friday (April 5) of the Arizona Nationals and the winners of those races will compete in Q2 on Saturday (April 6).
The final round competitors from the Winternationals will run in Q3 to close Saturday (April 6) action and determine the Winternationals winners.

Last edited:
...and more FYI, an announcement yesterday on nhra.com said NHRA is introducing a new two-day Pro category racing schedule at the upcoming Virginia Nationals. Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and Pro Stock Motorcycle will feature all three qualifying rounds on Saturday, June 22, with final eliminations run the following day.
Evidently this format change is largely due in part to a collaboration between the race teams and NHRA management.
The article did not confirm if this is a one-event experiment or if this will be a continuing event format for the remainder of the 2024 NHRA schedule.

-
Back