205/60R15 front 255/60R15 rear

-

canner78

canner78
Reaction score
I took some pics tonight of my 205/60R15 tires on the front and 255/60R15 tires on the back of my 69 dart. they are a tight fit but i sure like the way they look. check um out and let me know what you think.

IMGP0143.jpg

IMGP0145.jpg

IMGP0142.jpg

IMGP0137.jpg

IMGP0144.jpg

I always liked the looks of those rims, they look sharp. I'm looking to install those same tire sizes on my 65 barracuda. I too would like to know what the specs are on your rims. I have a pair of American Racing Outlaw II rims for the front but I don't know if they are going to be too wide. They are 15X7. I'm planning on going with the 15X8 on the rear. Are your rear springs moved in, or in the stock location? I'm moving my spring in but I will be limited by the tubs.(for now I don't have plans to tub the car). I will narrow the 8 3/4 to whatever length I need to tuck the wheels in.

my rims are 6 inch in the front with 3.5 inch back spacing and 8 inch in the rear with 4.5 inch backspacing

Thanks for the visual. I think I might be able to shoe horn 225's on my Scamp but it is going to be very close.

Do those rims have the standard off-set on the rims?

notice the little patch of rubber from lighting the tires up in the garage. with snow outside i had to get it out of my system.

Thatsa 255 n the rea? WOW I guess I need to re-think my tire size. I was think 235 was about it.

notice the little patch of rubber from lighting the tires up in the garage. with snow outside i had to get it out of my system.

Are the rear wheel lips rolled at all. They sort of look rolled in the pictures. Is the car sort of raised? The front looks raised a little.

How close is it in the front when turning the wheels to the front lower fender edge?

Factory 15x7 backspacing is 4.25. So the 3.5 will move the tire closer out to the fender lip.

the rear lips are slightly trimmed buy not rolled but thatwas to make room for the slicks these tire would frit without the lip being trimmed. the whole car is raisedbut i`m not sure how much. the front should be in about the right spot. the front is a 6 inch rim

Thats funny because I was just talking to a buddy of mine about this same thing. I was thinking of using a 6" wide rim. My buddy is using 15 x 7 up front and 15 x 8 in the back. But he has them on his Shitvelle. I told him I thought the 15 x 7 were to big and I wanted to run a rim size of 15 x 6 with a 205 tire. On my rear I'm running 245's and thought about trying 255's. I'm glad you posted this. Maybe I'll try a 250's.

Man 255's look really nice. Just to confirm, your rear setup is stock? (Aside from the wheelwell trimmed a little) From the pics it looks like it. I was going to go with 245's on my 67, but this looks better and if it fits, then what the heck?

it is a stock rear suspension with a bit of a lift. the springs are in the stock location and the lips have been trimmed a bit.

here are some more pics

i also added a before and after pic

the bottom pic is how it looked 2 1/2 months ago when i bought it 235/60r15 drag radials 205/70r14 on the front

Copy of IMG_0138.jpg

Copy of IMG_0146.jpg

Copy of IMG_0137.jpg

wallpaper_2.JPG

Hello all, first time user. I just wanted to add that I managed a larger wheel and tire size then most posted. I whent with a 18" wheel by 9.5" wide in the rear. On that a 265 wide tire. I had to move the springs in 3/4" and centre the axle under the car to get in just right. I have 3/16" between the quarter lip (not rolledor cut) and tire, and 3/16" between spring and tire. Very snug but the low profile tire and stiff side wall keeps it from rubbing. I did have to also shave 1/8" off the wheel itself to make it fit just right. The only think I forgot was the original backspacing off the wheel. I will look into it if someone would like to know.

101_0132.jpg

101_0133.jpg

101_0134.jpg

-
Back