222rwhp! boy is my face red.

-
Hi Moper, its interesting that you dont like my carb size, I definetly want to get rid of the iron intake/exhaust manifolds tho.
I new I had to much cam for them, espesialy now with the 1.6 rockers.
but I was more concerned with the narrow 108deg lobe spit on the cam with the poor exhaust.
but I still built it like that, thinking big cubes it'll be fine.:eek:ops:
At the end of the day boys, the numbers have only convinced me to stop compromising and
get the combo a little closer to optimal, so its not all bad.
3184_1134751844273_1091622022_40865.jpg

3184_1134751884274_1091622022_40865.jpg

this is what I have to deal with so im going with a modified K-frame and a front mounted rack, then some good pipes :cheers:

That is some restriced,convoluted exhaust pipe!

What rack are you going to use?

The reason I dont like it is the engine is more "stock" than modified and that's a big carb for a stock 440. I like the cam even less with 1.6s. However, I also agree the dyno was not reading properly and I wouldn't put much faith in it.

Wow, it caught me off guard seeing that steering box on the right side.

You just have to get rid of those center dump manifolds, they were made for Imperials and pickups. My 74 440 crew cab tow rig, had those center dumps, and they would glow cherry red at night, down at the center.

No restriction there! LOL

Good luck, nice looking car you have!

Hi fellas, I spoke to my dyno man today and he tolled me the dyno dynamic system
dosn't give tork numbers.
Only HP and tractive effort measured in Lbs/Ft witch is what I was reading, oops.
That aside, thank you for all the replys :-D
Ill be taking the old girl to the track this friday for a few shake down runs and ill post up the results.
Oh and 340dave I wasn't getting defencive mate, I personaly dont like my chrome oil pan,
in fact im going to change it out when I do the K-frame.

the rack is from a small british ford called a cortina, I dont think they ever made it to the U.S

Yes they did! My brother owned one but sold it rather quickly. I think it was one of those british break down cars,lol.He seemed to spend a lot of time fixing it and it spent most of its time parked...

I had a 67 barracuda coupe with a 440.I used the 67 bigblock A body manifolds.The car would run 14.40 in the 1/4.I switched to fenderwell headers,fattened her up a tad and went 12.60s.I couldnt believe the difference.This was with the .484 mp hyd cam,2500 converter,850 holly dp.,and a 3.90 rear gear.

I had a 67 barracuda coupe with a 440.I used the 67 bigblock A body manifolds.The car would run 14.40 in the 1/4.I switched to fenderwell headers,fattened her up a tad and went 12.60s.I couldnt believe the difference.This was with the .484 mp hyd cam,2500 converter,850 holly dp.,and a 3.90 rear gear.

That's cause the '67 mannyfolds were the most restrictive ones they ever made for the A body. The 69s were the beast.

I would say a big mismatch between the cam and intake. Assuming you have real 10.5 compression it should do much much better with a matched intake and proper headers and exhaust.

-
Back