225 intake valve mod

-

DS19872007

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a company that can either modify the two groove lock on the 225 intake valve to be a four groove lock or a company that will manufacture the 225 intake valve with a four groove lock instead of a two groove lock?

To have the proper lock installed on the valve stem for a comp cams camshaft

umm that makes no sense... if you run there super lock stuff they have 2/4 groove keepers. if you buy their 7* retainers (744-12) and 7* locks they come with 2/4 groove locks... all mopars have 2/4 groove and when you order for mopars you get both.

and if you run a comp cam there is a very high chance your gonna loose your oil pump

Basically what your sayin is I don't need the four groove locks and comp cams screwed the pooch on the part?

Basically what your sayin is I don't need the four groove locks and comp cams screwed the pooch on the part?

no you need 6 (12 halfs) of 2 groove and 6 (12 halfs) of the 4 groove. but yea they messed up if they sent you only either or...

Thanks man

no problem... i dont know if you saw the end of that post or not but comp cams cams (lol) eat slant six oil pump gears... comp uses a nitride coating that is very hard(good) but its much harder than the oil pump gear (bad) so it wears quickly and eventually stops making contact with the cam and then you lose oil pressure...

no problem... i dont know if you saw the end of that post or not but comp cams cams (lol) eat slant six oil pump gears... comp uses a nitride coating that is very hard(good) but its much harder than the oil pump gear (bad) so it wears quickly and eventually stops making contact with the cam and then you lose oil pressure...

Ed, is there a fix for this problem? The oil pump in our engine is a heavy-duty unit that we got from Frank Brent.

I have a new Comp Cam lying on the floor here that I would like to try sometime down the road.

But, not if it's going to eat the oil pump gear.

What to do???

Interesting.. Watching this thread for answers on the oil pump gear issue.

Frank's pumps have hardened gears so I don't think they will pose a problem. I would call Frank and see. I know they are hardened because he sells the gears as well.

Frank's pumps have hardened gears so I don't think they will pose a problem. I would call Frank and see. I know they are hardened because he sells the gears as well.

this or the last few bronze gears floating around... what im doing is going external oil pump but the other easiest choice is to no use comp, which Is my favorite lol

this or the last few bronze gears floating around... what im doing is going external oil pump but the other easiest choice is to no use comp, which Is my favorite lol

I called Frank and he said that all the pumps he sold had hardened gears, so the Comp cam was gonna be no problem. Hope he's right...

I don't plan on using that cam until I get a baseline output number with this Bullet cam that's in there, and who knows when that will be????????????
:wack:
Time marches on...

I called Frank and he said that all the pumps he sold had hardened gears, so the Comp cam was gonna be no problem. Hope he's right...

I don't plan on using that cam until I get a baseline output number with this Bullet cam that's in there, and who knows when that will be????????????
:wack:
Time marches on...

i dont doubt him but i wouldn't risk it either...

i can see it now... 5 grand and 20 lbs of boost and then! no oil pressure...

i dont doubt him but i wouldn't risk it either...

i can see it now... 5 grand and 20 lbs of boost and then! no oil pressure...

I'll take the cam out and examine the gear teeth on the oil pump drive after it's seen some more action.

So far, so good...:prayer::prayer::prayer:

What bronze gear? As I understand it, a bronze gear is for use with a steel roller cam. Not for use with a cast cam blank.

doug had a batch of them made in i think the 90's that i thought were for normal non roller blanks.

-
Back