225 quandary

-

plugger340

Reaction score
Part of the car parts that I bought included a rebuilt 225 (1987 block)that had been built for drag racing . All I know about it is that the previous owner had it rebuilt for $6000 and then decided that he wanted to go a different route. Somebody wants to buy it for cheap but I'm not sure if I should just dump it. Should I sell it for cheap as is, or should I take it to an engine shop to have them run it to get some performance specs so I can get a bit more for it. The motor is complete except for the intake and exhaust manifolds, and the carb. Is there even a demand for racing inline sixes? What should I do??

Attachments

• engine-black 1.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 403
  • engine-black 3.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 400
Honestly, what are the specs for what has been done internally?
For 6 grand, i would expect at least brass frost plugs and a new block heater as well as a four barrel intake and headers.
Is it fresh and never run?
If so, it doesn't look like to me.
IMO, if you get over a grand for it you would be doing something.
There's not a big market for them as it is.
6 grand for that is a swift kick in the nuts unless it's very trick on the inside........

It still has the truck oil pan and dipstick. Doesn't look like 6K to me looks like a parts store reman. Without a dyno sheet it is just a truck motor.

Paid $6G's and THEN changed his mind?...sounds far fetched to me

I could not sell a new engine with out at lest removing the head and oil pan..
It would drive me crazy not too.:blob::D
Measure the bore!! Look at the rockers and see if there is new EVERYTHING..inn there and what the heck it is he spent his money.
6k.. I would in no way give 300 for it sealed up. Let's open it up :glasses7:
There may be some 2.2 4 cylinder pistons in there who knows.
But still $6.000.00 :newb: that's allot of clams :coffee2:

he probably spent 6000 for the car and changed his mind....

The guy was a pretty well know racer so maybe I'll pop off the valve cover and maybe the oil pan as well to see if I can spot anything ...

i am dying to see the 6000 clams worth of parts inside that engine because they are certianly not on the outside...

If your going to spend 6K on a motor, at least I would have found a stonger block to staert with.

Racing Slant Sixes is a labor of Love.We invest 10's of thousands and you get back about 10 cents on the dollar when you go to sell.Open it up and see what you got. You may get 25 cents on the dollar by selling off the parts by themself, rather than complete.

Has it been ported ? Wouldn't be much of a race engine with a stock /6 head.

Take it partially apart and post some pics. There could be 6 grand in it... In 100 dollar bills in the oil pan lol

It is not worth anything!! Throw it on a pallet and send it to me. :glasses7:

~Michael
Good one :D yea :joker: I lmao :D Thank you

Has it been ported ? Wouldn't be much of a race engine with a stock /6 head.
That should be easy to see now :thumblef: good point

Racing Slant Sixes is a labor of Love.We invest 10's of thousands and you get back about 10 cents on the dollar when you go to sell.Open it up and see what you got. You may get 25 cents on the dollar by selling off the parts by themself, rather than complete.
Amen :wav:

-
Back