225 Slant 6 Head Gasket Needed

-

63Rag

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a 1963 Dodge Dart with an aluminum slant 6 with a cast iron head and I am looking for a gasket, no luck finding one. If anyone has info in obtaining one, please let me know.

Thank you,
Ed

He's running an aluminum block guys...standard iron block head gaskets like above won't work

Charlie_S may have one or know where you can get one.

Ditto. I read that some slantsix.org guys got together and had a batch custom-made several years ago. But first evaluate your block. I read that many are corroded so bad that one can't mill a flat surface. If you strike out, don't fret since a used steel slant can be had very cheap or free, and I think bolts right up (~1967 or earlier, otherwise need crank adapter ring).

Another aluminum block interest is a hot rod magazine article you can find on-line. They ran drag tests with an aluminum block vs cast-iron. Surprisingly, the lighter block weight didn't give faster times. They attributed that to the cast-iron being stiffer, preventing blow-by or such. Hardly definitive, but interesting read.

I got a gasket for mine from Kanter auto parts. It won't be cheap! And don't put any extra compression in it!

-
Back