-

The Skunk

Reaction score
Alright so first the basics about the car
1972 225 slant six
stock manifold
Holley 1920
Auto

So iv looked high n low for threads n all I can find are old threads about electric choke conversion.. Im very interested in this upgrade do to the fact my choke thermostat is shot and cant find much if anything on a replacement.:hmph:

Now before some one says something about finding the electric conversion kit... The more I read up on em the more I read about problems with the companys that sold them and there lovely ability to rip ppl off..?

So any idea if there is a legit place to get this electric choke and if not at least a place to find a new choke thermostat..?

Sorry if this comes up I tried finding an up to date thread n no such luck so though id start fresh thanks in advance guys!!

Attachments

• Collage 2014-03-26 16_26_33.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 314
I used a cheap old school mechanical choke. Thing was trashed after a month. Spend the money on a nice set up whatever you do!

Might have one , need the list # off the carb or thermostat or both . got a box full of nos i bbl Holley stats . Maybe even a pic ?

Slant Six Forum has a vendor for the conversion . Electric Choke Conversion Kits [ Paging Dennis Weaver ]

I put an electric choke conversion on my 69 slant six decades ago. It bought it thru J.C. Whitney. Can't say it worked very good, but I had other issues with most of the Holley 1920's I put on it. It had a big black disk that bolted to the exhaust near where the factory choke sensor did. It had a little thermo-electric sensor that bolted to the head. I recall seeing new ones on ebay occasionally.

You might get a choke setup from a 74-76 A-body or 77-80 FMJ (Aspen, Volare), if they still used the Holley 1920 then. I recall they are similar to the ones on 318 engines (don't interchange!), with a heating element beside the thermostat coil and an external sensor/controller. I see the former new on ebay, but not the latter, and you need both parts.

Shoot a pick of the old mechanical one. I got 2-3 unknown years hanging on my wall of shame.

Sorry for taking so long guys life got in the way and iv been in a mad dash trying to get stuff together but here we are

Attachments

• 20140327_181129.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 228
  • 20140327_182114.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 301
  • 20140327_181341.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 20140327_181139.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 218
-
Back