Votes: 16 28.6%
  • drive it

Votes: 40 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

Bonoz09

Reaction score
70 duster 340 .030 over (lower end built up by Best Machine)
KB243 .030 pistons 10.2 compression
Edelbrock Aluminum Heads
Edelbrock 1407 750 cfm carb
Straightline Performance cam .540 lift / 234 [email protected]
Indy Adjustable Rockers
Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake
Mopar electronic ignition with Hi-Performance Coil
904 street/strip transmission built by Klem Racing
Turbo Action 3500 rpm stall converter
P275/60R15 & P215/70R14 BFG Radials on Cragar SS chrome wheels
High volume oil pump
Aluminum radiator
3.91 Rear

Question is tow it or drive it to the nationals. Probably wont race the car. But would you drive the car 230 miles one way ? Opinions...

at 65 would be turning a little over 3000, 3300 at 70

Id have to rent the trailer $110 and only going sat to sunday.

It was built to be driven - I voted to drive it!

230 miles that is a piece of cake!! I am coming your way, actually to Kalamazoo for the:
Street Rod Nationals North Plus
September 14 - 16, 2012, at Kalamazoo County Fairgrounds in Kalamazoo, Michigan. From Green Bay, WI, that is 6 hours 24 mins
351.4 mi - I-43 S and Interstate 94 E one way

Attachments

• no trailer queens.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 272
Drive it!!!

8 3/4" rear? Pick up a 2.94 open rear for it, so next time there's no question. Easy enough to swap the pumpkin if you're not racing.

I'm with you guys , only reason I asked was Ive only had the car a week so im trusting someone else's handy work. I think im just gonna drive it and whatever happens, happens. See you guys down there....hopefully.

Sounds as if it's mechanically sound, DRIVE IT!

If you leave an hour or two earlier you could drive a little slower and "smell the roses" along the way.

TOW IT! It is August and you did not say the car had A/C. Drive it while it's there, around town. I would say drive it if it was 50 degrees out. You said the trailer is $110, but a tow home would be much more. I am saying the car should be OK but I am considering your comfort.

I would drive it.

I have a copy of CAR's magazine 71, they road tested the 340 Demon with 3.91 gears, they said the car seems to be built for speeds 70 mph and faster

There was no crying about the 3.91 gears, back then 4.88 gears and 80 mph was no can do

Many trucks have speed limiters set at 65 mph, you could just find some nice looking truck and pull in front of it and ride together at 65 if you want to keep the revs down. Yeah some would hangout in back of the truck but then you can't see too far ahead

Hold on, he only had it for a week, ah break downs aren't no fun, could be one little freaken wire that touched ground and leaves you at the side of the road with traffic flying past you

Depends how well you can work on the car, bring some tools and extra wire

go over it with a fine tooth comb and drive it dont follow the trks the wind turbulance from the trl will beat ya to death lead but not too closely im drivin one of those trks have a safe trip and have fun

Put it on a trailer. You will spend more than that on gas. You still get thumbs up when its on a trailer. You can drive it next time after you've proved it road worthy.

My brother and I took his 65 buick sport wagon on a 1100 mile fishing trip. The 70 dart is what I am working on know. We might take it next year.

Attachments

• Sport%20Wagon3.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Sport%20Wagon2.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 196
  • Sport%20Wagon.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_0028 (640x480).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 191
I would drive it pulling a trailer full of spare rear tires for those fantastic burnouts. :)

:burnout:

Those round things under the car are called tires, not blocks...They were made that way to roll....... Drive that sucker!!!!

No professional build on my 318/6pack in my Fury and it made the trip there from Baltimore and back with no issues!!! We build them to drive them, so do it justice and put the miles on it!

Drive it. You only live once anyway....and these cars are wicked simple. Take an extra ignition box and ballast resistor, and extra quart of oil and a basic socket set.

Extra 5 gal of water, a roll of duct tape and drive it.

-
Back